too many lime trees

melovethai

Hi All

We are in Wang Mi Wang Nam Kheo Nakhon Ratchasima and we have ordered too many lime trees. They are one metre tall and already fruiting we have 100 extra to sell. My question is what would be the best way to sell them in one hit. we do not want to make money on them and are happy to take a bit of a loss at 70 Baht each. Paid 90 Baht each only delivered a few days ago. I have asked locals and i am not getting any ideas. Thanks

post-212690-0-35727900-1439795846_thumb.

You do not mention the type of lime tree you over bought on nor their success in the area where you live. If I were you I would find a local who has land avalible (which is not being used and or contributing very little income to the owner of land.to plant the trees on , furnish trees and plant on his land on a share basis)

Of course you have to trust the man will honor the deal, work out shared costs and labor, who actually owns the land, etc.

Next time measure area to plant, tree spacing suggested by ag department, water sources , irrigation source, cost to put in place etc and do not listen to suggested number to purchase. It may be part of yourThai wife/girl friend who proposed this along with round cncrete rings to plant trees in or whatever the proposal was. Planting within the concrete rings method seem popular ''this year'' next year may be different.

Our neighbor across the land boundry markers of our land planted his lime trees on raised long ridges a little less than 1 meter meter higter than the old level paddy land. He put in drip irrigation and seems to , after about 10 years of effert and staying on top of pests, irrigation when needed, etc appears to have been successful..

Edited by slapout

• 2 months later...