Yingluck criticises draft charter

webfact

Good to see her back and in top form..a breath of fresh air..

She doesn't know what top form is, suppose the rice thinking was top form---and tablet----why the heck do you condone the women that led though her brother the downfall of a sworn in government

Your comments therefore are a wind up, considering what she is charged with and how she was barely in the country during her PM ship. Thai tanic sure.

Quote-" Breath of fresh air). cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

She was the last popularly elected Prime Minister in Thailand. For her to say nothing, would be a travesty. You are entitled to your opinion and so is she, or is there something we do not understand ?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yingluck echoes Thaksin's scorn of charter draft
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- Just two days after her brother voiced opposition to the charter, ex-pm Yingluck Shinawatra Monday offered her concerns about the new charter draft.

In particular, her criticism targeted the draft's planned design for the National Strategic Reform and Reconciliation Committee (NSRRC). She claimed it would have more power than the government and Parliament.

Posting on her personal Facebook page, Yingluck said having such a commission to make a decision when the country encountered a crisis was unnecessary.

"A democratic charter links the people and allows the majority of people to make a decision. Having a selected group of people (to make a decision for the people) is not truly democracy,'' she said.

Speaking in Finland and seen on a YouTube clip released on Friday, ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra called on democracy advocates to oppose the charter draft, saying if passed it would be the country's worst.

He said that most Thais did not accept the charter draft and democracy enthusiasts should reject all undemocratic principles in it.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Yingluck-echoes-Thaksins-scorn-of-charter-draft-30266752.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-17

everyone knows that if this woman is incapable of stringing together more than a couple of words by herself so its obvious that this has been written by others and credited to her like all the pother facebook raves on her page. Obviously her brother is once again doing her "talking" for her so she appears to be the good little sister backing him up and of course the reds/ptp are all in agreement, what a total farce by these people.

Well the junta junkies on the forum are too embarrassed by the joke draft charter to say anything other than to attack YL. Thailand deserves better than the rubbish being served up on this draft and the people will not accept it ...regardless of what Thaksin or YL say or do not say.

"BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has criticised the draft constitution which is to be voted by the Constitution Drafting Committee on September 7, saying the constitution must be tied to the people and must serve the people."

The sheer barefaced cheek,coming from the woman whose Party organised a secret vote on the constitution in Parliament at 4-0 am,voting by invitation only!

uh, that would have been the 3rd reading of the amnesty bill, not changes to the constitution, and everyone was invited, the opposition walked out of the vote... voluntarily...

They were invited? Please sell that crap to someone who might buy. The Democrats were told that the vote wouldn't happen until the next day, someone forgot to mention it would be at 04:00. Typical of the party, the leader and Thaksin Shinawatra. Ask yourself one question, why would a bunch of people from democratic countries be in favor of a coup. The first reason, for me at least, was the violence, the murders and the red shirts cheering the deaths. The second thing was the banner urging the north to split apart from the rest of the country. I want to see democracy restored, right after there is something in place to make sure that none of this has to happen again.

I do wish Thaksin and Yingluck would cease making political comments. Every time they speak, certain people experience intellectual orgasms and it's embarrassing in a public medium.

But she is correct that so long as the "Bangkok-based royalist-military establishment" hold themselves superior to any people's constituton and sovereignty, political conflict will never be resolved. The majority electorate will never control their own national destiny and the light of democracy will never penetrate the tyranny of absolutism.

"BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has criticised the draft constitution which is to be voted by the Constitution Drafting Committee on September 7, saying the constitution must be tied to the people and must serve the people."

The sheer barefaced cheek,coming from the woman whose Party organised a secret vote on the constitution in Parliament at 4-0 am,voting by invitation only!

You may not like the messenger but the message needs to be heeded...............

................"must be tied to the people and must serve the people."....................

After the fiasco which brought her government down, she has no right to comment on anything to do with serving the people.

Then again, she was probably told what to say.

Let's be honest with ourselves, neither the present nor the previous governments really had/have the people in mind when big decisions like Constitutions are made.

If so, neither side would need amnesties, if everything they did was good and right.

The fiasco that brought her govt. down was the PRDC & army insurrection.

Amnesties were needed to right previous judicial coups & purges.

uh, that would have been the 3rd reading of the amnesty bill, not changes to the constitution, and everyone was invited, the opposition walked out of the vote... voluntarily...

They were invited? Please sell that crap to someone who might buy. The Democrats were told that the vote wouldn't happen until the next day, someone forgot to mention it would be at 04:00. Typical of the party, the leader and Thaksin Shinawatra. Ask yourself one question, why would a bunch of people from democratic countries be in favor of a coup. The first reason, for me at least, was the violence, the murders and the red shirts cheering the deaths. The second thing was the banner urging the north to split apart from the rest of the country. I want to see democracy restored, right after there is something in place to make sure that none of this has to happen again.

"Bangkok — Thailand’s House of Representatives passed second and third readings of the controversial blanket amnesty bill early Friday morning after opposition Democratic Party MPs walked out in the face of defeat."

http://freedistrict.com/asia/thailand/thai-house-passes-blanket-amnesty-as-democrats-walk-out-4290.html

By the way, how did you like the yellow shirts/PRDC cheering the popcorn gunner who crippled an old man? Hypocrite!

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Yingluck-echoes-Thaksins-scorn-of-charter-draft-30266752.html

Virtually every constitution Thailand has seen has been drafted in a similar manner, including the first, established following the 1932 Siamese Coup d'Etat by the "Promoters" and "Four Tiger Soldiers" ((4 ทหารเสื) who led the so-called People's Party. Each of the constitution's 70-member drafting assembly were appointed by the Four Tiger Soldiers.

Pol Lt Col Thaksin, during his tenure as PM, did everything he could to bypass the elected legislature, pushing through such laws as the one that allowed him to sell ShinCorp without paying tax.

Landslide------cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif 36% and begged for amalgamation of other parties to govern. She never won the last election the people NEVER voted for her.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif You actually believe she would be elected ?? now the Thai people are more aware of the rice and tablet scams---not forgetting the Amnesty.

You are definitely winding up the TVF members-----please leave out the joking.

I think (and I'm pretty certain I'm not alone) that there is a very real chance that the PTP will win the next election, and if you think that is far fetched then you are very much out of touch with reality. Why do you think the junta is desperately stacking the deck against this happening??

BTW, I do not long for their return but at least they will have been voted in, not taken the power.

I agree "you are not alone" 2nd bit---no chance after doing what they did (PTP) I am that out of touch and been here 34 years ??

Your last (BTW) they may well have scrambled it with a coalition, without that they could not have governed, but when they did they shot themselves in the foot. enough said about that now Thais are more aware. You could well be out of touch with clinging on to the PTP ideal. (Thaksin)----their so called negative governing took them out of power rather than the army piling in and taking over.

QED (on the out of touch stuff). Anyone who thinks there's no chance that the PTP will win the next election (if and when the benevolent army graciously allows it) is seriously out of touch with reality.

As to your claim that you have been here 34 years and offer that as proof of how clued in you are there are actually people born here who think the same way as you. But they're in a minority and has lost every single election the last decade.

everyone knows that if this woman is incapable of stringing together more than a couple of words by herself so its obvious that this has been written by others and credited to her like all the pother facebook raves on her page. Obviously her brother is once again doing her "talking" for her so she appears to be the good little sister backing him up and of course the reds/ptp are all in agreement, what a total farce by these people.

"everyone knows" blah, blah, blah. "Obviously" blah blah blah.

"everyone knows" blah, blah, blah. "Obviously" blah blah blah.

"everyone knows" blah, blah, blah."....

Actually, not everybody knows, but I agree with the first two blah-blahs.

"Obviously" blah blah blah."

I think most people would agree that Thaksin does the talking and she does the walking, but your third blah is correct.whistling.gif

Well the junta junkies on the forum are too embarrassed by the joke draft charter to say anything other than to attack YL. Thailand deserves better than the rubbish being served up on this draft and the people will not accept it ...regardless of what Thaksin or YL say or do not say.

Yingluck was a joke and a coward. Never answered any questions the opposition had asked her. Always out of the country when her team were pulling stunts. What she is doing now is simply instigating another round of violence. If she would love Thailand she would shut up. Her family has already stolen enough money to live a very comfortable life.

"She said the Thai society had learned from many past lessons that conflict in society derived from unfair rules that did not ensure equal justice for all"...

...whined the woman under whose administration the ruling party tried to push through in the deep of night a controversial amnesty law that would have benefited a comparatively small amount of wrongdoers, including one of her immediate family members.

And that was allegedly done following the concept that "...Democratic rule that wins worldwide acceptance must have peoples confidence and must return power to the people"? I doubt it.

Who cares what she has or hasnt done. That is totally irrelevant.

My view is that I completely agree with what she said.

So how about some posters get their head out of the comics and actually say something about why they disagree.

Just saying she is hopeless does not get to the subject and makes you look stupid.

My view is that I completely agree with what she said.

I take it that you have read the draft?

Good to see her back and in top form..a breath of fresh air..

Please explain to us why you feel like this? What did she do in her years in office to make you feel she a "breath of fresh air"?

A pretty, with some nice photo ops. Plenty of travelling. Flirting with Obama.

But hardly a parliamentary heavyweight, no debates, no question time, did as told, tried to keep well away from everything?

My wife and a considerable number of her friends voted for her, and though she would be that "breath of fresh air" Thai politics needed (they used that exact expression). Now they see her more as one of Thaksin's stale farts.

Seriously, why do you still feel she's a high performing breath of fresh air?

Please explain to us why you feel like this?

Love is blind?

I am not a Shin apologist, but....................................clap2.gif

yeah, you know, who needs facts if you just hate Thaksin, ...

At 4-0 am the only party invited was Yinglucks Party,everyone was not invited,the opposition could not have walked out because they were not there. Next you will be telling me that Parliamentary voting is quite normal at 4-0 am!

get the facts, guy... I gave them to you, but if you don't want to believe me, then get the facts ... yourself.

Meanwhile, tb works frantically at his computer trying to find even a minute shred of evidence to prove casualbiker's claim is wrong ! clap2.gif

if you happen to be referring to his post / question about the draft charter, then the answer is not only yes, people have read it, but it and links to it have been posted here multiple times.

If that is not what you were referring to, then ... so what.

She doesn't know what top form is, suppose the rice thinking was top form---and tablet----why the heck do you condone the women that led though her brother the downfall of a sworn in government

Your comments therefore are a wind up, considering what she is charged with and how she was barely in the country during her PM ship. Thai tanic sure.

Quote-" Breath of fresh air). cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

She was the last popularly elected Prime Minister in Thailand. For her to say nothing, would be a travesty. You are entitled to your opinion and so is she, or is there something we do not understand ?

Yes I agree to a certain extent---BUT SHE WAS NOT ELECTED why don't you minority posters tell the truth. so there is something your not understanding.

BUT again, normally someone doing so much wrong should not rattle the cage bars. She has only spoken on facebook to back up her brothers statement----you see FAMILY

" The vote was seen as a showdown between the Thai elite and military-backed Democrats and the ousted former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, whose younger sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, led Pheu Thai to victory." This is from VOA http://www.voanews.com/content/asian-observer-group-commends-thai-election-cites-minor-flaws--125003034/141777.html Please educate us as to why she was not elected. Links from impartial observers would be nice.

he's off his meds, ignore him...

You may not like the messenger but the message needs to be heeded...............

I had to look up hypocrisy again.