Electronic Banking

Gonzo the Face

I don't know if this has anything to do with the changes in government or not but ,....... a question for anyone who has "Bualuang Banking' with Bangkok Bank, have you been able to log on today???

I have had this I Banking for several years, and never have they had a prompt saying 'not available try again later' and this has been on for about 8 hours now. Usually they inform you when they are going down for maintanence, and it is never this long.

Does any one know if they have stopped this because of possible large fund transfers or something?

I am just trying to pay a few bills?

Gonzo

Just tried it and also got that message. Hope it is just system upgrades or accounting going on. I vaguely remember seeing that once before a couple of years ago.

Just realized I believe Thaksin has accounts with them. :o

Edited by tywais

They're down for some sort of upgrade, and I believe they'll be down for most of the weekend.

They had a notice yesterday alerting to this fact. Can't remember the exact downtimes, however, but it did look to be lengthy.

Thanks, good to know. :o

They're down for some sort of upgrade, and I believe they'll be down for most of the weekend.

They had a notice yesterday alerting to this fact. Can't remember the exact downtimes, however, but it did look to be lengthy.

Thanks, good to know. :o

Maybe

Just a coincidence , Huh,,,,

I never remember a notice being sent so close to some mysterious maintanance. Usually a few or more days ahead of time....

Heres another possibility, to me with a lot of credence.

This taken from a report in today's The Nation.

"However, it is an open secret in the capital that the Shinawatra family still keeps some Bt50 billion from the sale of Shin Corp to Temasek Holdings of Singapore in Thai banks, including Siam Commercial Bank, Bangkok Bank and Thanachart Bank."

Has anyone had any problems with ATM withdrewal today??? Probably not as that would only be subject to 20,000 or so withdrawal per day. Let's see how many days would it take for me to take 50 Billion out of my ATM at 20,000 per day.....

AHA..... the plot thickens.......

Here's whats posted on the Bualuang Banking website now.....

"Due to system maintenance, Bualuang iBanking will be temporarily unavailable on Saturday September 23, 2006 from 6.00 am to approximately 12.00 pm on Sunday September 24, 2006.

Note: Scheduled future transfers and bill payments processing time on September 23-24, 2006 will be changed from 9.00 am to 6.00 am

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For more information, please contact us on Tel. 1333 or 0-2645-5555."""

Riiiiiggggggghhhhhhhhtttttt...

AHA..... the plot thickens.......

Here's whats posted on the Bualuang Banking website now.....

"Due to system maintenance, Bualuang iBanking will be temporarily unavailable on Saturday September 23, 2006 from 6.00 am to approximately 12.00 pm on Sunday September 24, 2006.

Note: Scheduled future transfers and bill payments processing time on September 23-24, 2006 will be changed from 9.00 am to 6.00 am

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For more information, please contact us on Tel. 1333 or 0-2645-5555."""

Riiiiiggggggghhhhhhhhtttttt...

Its now Sunday morning 8:30 AM... still no I Banking available......

It makes me feel ashamed to say that I bank with Bangkok Bank, after trying to read and then make sense of the Information message they have posted for all to see.... I do not understand what they are trying to say....

Someone like Bangkok Bank , you would think, would be able to hire some Thai that would be able to write an important message , and it be understandable ..... at least for the 5 minutes it took to compose the prompt.

:o:D

As a customer I know that the Bangkok Bank, in common with most big Thai companies, is completely incapable of checking any English they may use. There is a language school nearly opposite their head office in Silom. Is 12.00pm midnight?

Feel free to drop Khun Kosit, the boss, a line.

Roger

Edited by raslin

Is 12.00pm midnight?

From http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/info/noon.htm

A.M. and P.M. start immediately after Midnight and Noon (Midday) respectively.

This means that 00:00 A.M. or 00:00 P.M. (or 12:00 A.M. and 12:00 P.M.) have no meaning.

Every day starts precisely at midnight and A.M. starts immediately after that point in time e.g. 00:00:01 A.M.

It is after Noon that P.M. starts e.g. 00:00:01 PM (12:00:01)

---------------

Maestro

Is 12.00pm midnight?

From http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/info/noon.htm

A.M. and P.M. start immediately after Midnight and Noon (Midday) respectively.

This means that 00:00 A.M. or 00:00 P.M. (or 12:00 A.M. and 12:00 P.M.) have no meaning.

Every day starts precisely at midnight and A.M. starts immediately after that point in time e.g. 00:00:01 A.M.

It is after Noon that P.M. starts e.g. 00:00:01 PM (12:00:01)

---------------

Maestro

Guess they should be using military time now. 1200 and 2400 respectively. :o No ambituities.