Security tightened in Chiang Rai following bomb attack in Bangkok

webfact

Security tightened in Chiang Rai following bomb attack in Bangkok

CHIANG RAI, 18 August 2015 (NNT)-Soldiers and police officers have set up checkpoints in various areas in Chiang rai province following the bomb attack at Ratchaprasong intersection in Bangkok last night.

More than 200 security personnel, including those from Meng Rai Maharaj army base and Chiang rai provincial police, have been deployed to safeguard important places across the province.

Security patrols can be seen around the border, business districts, government buildings as well as public infrastructures in the province and Mae Fah Luang International Airport.

Police and soldiers have been searching vehicles at the checkpoints since the attack occurred last night in Bangkok to assure safety for people in Chiang Rai.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-18 footer_n.gif

I was in Chiang Rai yesterday i was there for about 3 hours i even drove to Makro,not once did i see any police,it was around lunch time i left Chiang Rai and as usual there was nobody manning the 2 checkpoints on the way to Pan.They were busy looking at there telephones playing games i think.

• 4 weeks later...