Australian Federal Police offer to help probe Bangkok bombing

webfact

AFP offer to help probe Bangkok bombing

SYDNEY: -- Australian Federal Police have offered Thai authorities their expertise to investigate the Bangkok bombing.

At least 21 people were killed and more than 120 wounded when a bomb ripped through a Bangkok religious shrine late on Monday, in what authorities said was the worst attack on Thai soil and targeted at foreigners.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott told parliament the "vicious attack" was clearly aimed at innocent people, but no Australians were known to have been harmed.

Thailand's ambassador Chirachai Punkrasin was in the parliamentary chamber for the brief speech.

Full story: http://www.smh.com.au//breaking-news-national/afp-offer-to-help-probe-bangkok-bombing-20150818-41812.html

smh.jpg
-- Sydney Morning Herald 2015-08-18

Lovely gesture by the Aussie government but I think the Thais may be too proud to accept such assistance

A naive gesture by the AFP unless they know something the Thai authorities don't, in which case they should reveal such information.

AFP forensics investigation team have been of assistance with other terrorist attacks in Asia. Australia provides Thai security forces with counter terrorism training and sharing of intelligence

Edited by simple1

Since the Bali bombings I am sure the AFP has had a role in keeping track of the people believed involved in that and other actions. I think they may be in a position to help considerably but of course can only do that if asked.

Lovely gesture by the Aussie government but I think the Thais may be too proud to accept such assistance

A naive gesture by the AFP unless they know something the Thai authorities don't, in which case they should reveal such information.

The AFP are among the best of the best when it comes to forensics.

The Australians can leave Thai politics to one side, the Thai's cannot.

AFP might be surprised to find out who was behind the bombings. I'm sure many of us in Thailand would not be!

Yawn...

That could be read so many ways.

Was it the junta?

Was it Thaksin?

Was it the Red Shirts

Was it the Yellow shirts?

Was it Suthep?

Was it the Mad Monk?

Was it the southern insurgents?

Was it the Cambodians?

Was it the Uighers?

Was it the Rohingya?

Not really so clear, is it now?

come on, guys, give the ozzies some credit.

they have successfully obliterated so many traces of own their attrocities - surely they can help the thais to do the same.

Would you care to expand your theory on what / when / where just so we all understand. Edited by Artisi

and too stupid also - its more important not to lose face than catch the culprits ...blink.png

Unfortunately your comment may be true sad.png

The offer is on the table gentlemen, it is entirely up to Thailand to except, there is a strong relationship between south east Asian security teams, which benefits all countries regardless where they are when it comes to terrorism, Thailand is no different. wai.gif

they have successfully obliterated so many traces of own their attrocities - surely they can help the thais to do the same.

Would you care to expand your theory on what / when / where just so we all understand.

The execution for two of the "Bali 9" in Indonesia in April comes to mind. I blame the ATF for that - but they squeezed out of that one.

Edited by tropo

AFP might be surprised to find out who was behind the bombings. I'm sure many of us in Thailand would not be!

Yawn...

That could be read so many ways.

Was it the junta?

Was it Thaksin?

Was it the Red Shirts

Was it the Yellow shirts?

Was it Suthep?

Was it the Mad Monk?

Was it the southern insurgents?

Was it the Cambodians?

Was it the Uighers?

Was it the Rohingya?

Not really so clear, is it now?

Dont forget the Iranians who tried, unsuccessfully a while back.

Would you care to expand your theory on what / when / where just so we all understand.
The execution for two of the "Bali 9" in Indonesia in April comes to mind. I blame the ATF for that - but they squeezed out of that one.

If you really want to lay blame for that why not start with the old man for dobbing them in ?

a very nice gesture by the afp a gesture which I think should be accepted by the rtp it may result in a quick arrest they do say a problem halved is a problem solved .

It's not an AFP gesture, it's an Australian government gesture.

So seems that you condone drug smuggling and flaunting the laws of other countries, is that a fair understanding.

If you really want to lay blame for that why not start with the old man for dobbing them in ?

I don't really want to blame them (AFP), but I do. It's a bit off topic, so let's not take it any further.

So seems that you condone drug smuggling and flaunting the laws of other countries, is that a fair understanding.

Quite to the contrary - that's shows no understanding whatsoever AND flawed logic - a non sequitur.

I don't agree with the death penalty for drug offences in any country. These executions could have easily been avoided.

Edited by tropo