Koh Tao murder trial reconvenes in Koh Samui

webfact

I was on Koh Tao a month before the murders, and it was common knowledge then there were people of "influence" who said what could, and could not be done on the Island.

Frank, or whoever you are, you're not here to support justice that's for sure, you're here to stir the proverbial shit judging by your few posts so far.

How well do you know the owner of the AC bar and his family ?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Frank 83628.

You wrote " Unless they are the sort of people that goes out looking for trouble they will not find it on Koh Tao..."

You may wish to re word or withdraw that sentence. They way it stands is the most outrageous insult to the memories of Nick, Hannah and David. The statement the way you worded it is also patently false.

Please note: whether should not be spelled weather.

To: Frank 83628

as most thai kids do…so the point of highlighting that is?? hopefully you're not making out that kid was NS.

i have been coming to thailand for over 10yrs..especially Koh Tao since 2006, so i call BS on the 2 deaths they wrote of.

i know of 1shooting and that was a thai on thai dispute. and the gun shot..yeah right only if it was the one i just mentioned.

something for those who say the B2 are innocent to consider…recently a friends burmese staff had to goto the police station to deal with his brother who had been involved in a knife fight which resulted in 1 bead burmese guy..stabbed to death!!!, so anyone can commit a crime regardless of nationality, looks or build

and for the record i dont have an opinion either way to weather the B2 are guilty or not….however unlike a majority of posters here i won't rule out they were/are not capable (quote)

I'm not sure how long you've been following the news/threads about the Koh Tao rape and murders, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt about the last sentence of your post.

Please relay this message to your 'friends' on Koh Tao...."Those posters who do not slavishly endorse the Thai Police/Prosecutions' investigation methods and evidence presented in court, do so not because they have any bias for whatever reason in favour of the accused, but because they have a fervent desire to see a fair and transparent trial based on evidence, about which there can be no reasonable doubt. Furthermore, if it is judged that the accused are found guilty using these ethically and widely accepted guidelines, then all questions and doubts will have been removed, and the accuseds' fate will be accepted by all"

WHich of your friends told you this Frank? 1st hand, 2nd hand?

Do you live there all year round?

Interestingly, Thailand is second in the world for road fatalities, and I have seen surprisingly few accident in my 15 years here. Does this mean that they do not happen?

I think they are the same friends that told him the hoe had not been moved .

yes seahorse, that is one of the many headline grabbing blogs and articles written AFTER the event….how many from before it?

The Dark Side of Thailand's Island Paradise

And this one from 2010

Their new mate, Nont (pronounced Non), the son of the AC2 resort owner, was sweet but a bit spoilt and played quite rough, as Thai kids seem to do.

as most thai kids do? so the point of highlighting that bit is?

After a few weeks on the island, we found out that Koh Tao has a dark underbelly in the form of locally powerful mafia-like families that own many of the businesses and make sure that they get the cream of the profits that tumble into Koh Tao. In the fairly short time we were there, several people were killed - that is, murdered. We even heard the crack of a gunshot on one occasion.

well i call BS on the 2 deaths…i have been going to koh tao for over 10 years and bee

http://myfamilyandotherglobetrotters.blogspot.com/2010/10/koh-tao-murky-truth.html

as most thai kids do…so the point of highlighting that is?? hopefully you're not making out that kid was NS.

i have been coming to thailand for over 10yrs..especially Koh Tao since 2006, so i call BS on the 2 deaths they wrote of.

i know of 1shooting and that was a thai on thai dispute. and the gun shot..yeah right only if it was the one i just mentioned.

something for those who say the B2 are innocent to consider…recently a friends burmese staff had to goto the police station to deal with his brother who had been involved in a knife fight which resulted in 1 bead burmese guy..stabbed to death!!!, so anyone can commit a crime regardless of nationality, looks or build

and for the record i dont have an opinion either way to weather the B2 are guilty or not….however unlike a majority of posters here i won't rule out they were/are not capable

You ask how many blogs/articles were written about KT before the event, you get served with examples and still whinge.

I was on Koh Tao a month before the murders, and it was common knowledge then there were people of "influence" who said what could, and could not be done on the Island.

Frank, or whoever you are, you're not here to support justice that's for sure, you're here to stir the proverbial shit judging by your few posts so far.

what so having a difference of opinion and not basing someones guilt on the word of unverified sources and questioning things is stirring the 'preverbal s@it'?..i can see what AleG means now... and as for not supporting justice…well you could certainly aim that question at a good handful of posters on here most of which have turned to name calling and childish comments….and absolutely nothing to do with justice!

common knowledge??…people of influence..that came n told you that directly?..did it affect your stay? did you encounter any of these people you mention…were they hiding in the shadows of every dark corner lurking menacingly ??..no didn't think so.

Please tell everyone then why, on 24th September 2014, in the wake of the murder of two British citizens on Koh Tao Prime Minister General Praut Chan-Ocha vowed to tackle influential rackets and ilegitimate businesses on the tourist island, and pledged to punish soldiers and police patronising these people or or their activities.

Are you now going to say that what the PM stated was baseless and/or a pack of lies?

Source/Google Link <http//www.nationmul..s30244060.html> posted by TV Admin on 25/9/2014

Edited by joebrown

thaiandchill...i got offered 3…2 of which were written after and 1 that i disagreed with, i dont see that as whinging, i see that and replying to something i considered untrue.

How many do you want? 3...2 not enough anything more to whinge about? Whether you see them as untrue is completely irrelevant

Edited by thailandchilli

You can believe the story about Mike being run off the island for stealing from donation boxes if you want, a ridiculous allegation. He already told me that when his blog started getting a huge number of hits after the murder he received all sorts of threatening messages along with any other amount of stories to discredit him.

And yes, he wrote the original piece before the murders.

what so having a difference of opinion and not basing someones guilt on the word of unverified sources and questioning things is stirring the 'preverbal s@it'?..i can see what AleG means now... and as for not supporting justice…well you could certainly aim that question at a good handful of posters on here most of which have turned to name calling and childish comments….and absolutely nothing to do with justice!

common knowledge??…people of influence..that came n told you that directly?..did it affect your stay? did you encounter any of these people you mention…were they hiding in the shadows of every dark corner lurking menacingly ??..no didn't think so.

Please tell everyone then why, on 24th September 2014, in the wake of the murder of two British citizens on Koh Tao Prime Minister General Praut Chan-Ocha vowed to tackle influential rackets and ilegitimate businesses on the tourist island, and pledged to punish soldiers and police patronising these people or or their activities.

Are you now going to say that what the PM stated was baseless and/or a pack of lies?

Source/Google Link <http//www.nationmul..s30244060.html> posted by TV Admin on 25/9/2014

Yes, he vowed to send in the Army to clean it up, they must still be lost in that Jungle on the Island as they've never set foot on any of the encroached beach establishments either..

I know it's possible for the B2 to of committed the crime but I find it hard to visualize considering a 2 on 2 scenario.

OK David was hit on the head by a hoe. No screams from Hannah? Very late at night so no noise pollution so why did nobody hear anything.

Again if David was hit by the hoe on the back of the head where do the other injuries come from and why was Hannah not able to run or scream enough to raise an alarm

Interestingly, Thailand is second in the world for road fatalities, and I have seen surprisingly few accident in my 15 years here. Does this mean that they do not happen?

does it matter who or when… point was..you send me an article slagging koh tao by someone, i pointed out that this guy was apparently booted off the island because he was caught stealing ..he told you he didn't…so should i take what he says as the gospel?

what if i worked offshore and was here ,month on month off for last 6 years…would that make any difference?

road accidents happen all the time here…but when they do it just people crashing when pissed..nothing more sinister.

To: Frank 83628

and for the record i dont have an opinion either way to weather the B2 are guilty or not….however unlike a majority of posters here i won't rule out they were/are not capable (quote)

I'm not sure how long you've been following the news/threads about the Koh Tao rape and murders, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt about the last sentence of your post.

Please relay this message to your 'friends' on Koh Tao...."Those posters who do not slavishly endorse the Thai Police/Prosecutions' investigation methods and evidence presented in court, do so not because they have any bias for whatever reason in favour of the accused, but because they have a fervent desire to see a fair and transparent trial based on evidence, about which there can be no reasonable doubt. Furthermore, if it is judged that the accused are found guilty using these ethically and widely accepted guidelines, then all questions and doubts will have been removed, and the accuseds' fate will be accepted by all"

Actually I agree with everything you say here , and regarding who did it , we all know we should not think that only Thais could commit this crime.

But since this now famous local cop once said "No Thai could ever do this" it's been used as an excuse by some members here to do a bit of Thai bashing and I'm fine with that but we should understand that any Asian or western nationality could be behind the murders or know the details about what happened that night.

A number of off topic and bickering posts removed.

Debate/discuss the topic please NOT the poster or his/her history, do not make personal remarks/comments.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

does it matter who or when… point was..you send me an article slagging koh tao by someone, i pointed out that this guy was apparently booted off the island because he was caught stealing ..he told you he didn't…so should i take what he says as the gospel?

what if i worked offshore and was here ,month on month off for last 6 years…would that make any difference?

road accidents happen all the time here…but when they do it just people crashing when pissed..nothing more sinister.

Road accidents aren't sinister. You seem to have missed the point entirely. Drop me a line when you've worked it out.

Road accidents aren't sinister. You seem to have missed the point entirely. Drop me a line when you've worked it out.

no there are not, i didn't miss your point..i was referring to the first threads on this topic when there were wild fantasies of a serial killers on the loose among other colourful imaginary theories, we haven't read all the same comments…

Edited by frank83628

and what am i looking at at 1.12? the hoe??, where it was under the tree..which is also in the enclosed garden..

For the benefit of other posters who may have doubts after your statement above, I am attaching a series of photos showing the hoe under the tree and in the vegetable garden. The vegetable garden is some distance from the tree, as you must know if you are a resident of Koh Tao. Just for good measure I'm also attaching a photo of beach cleaner/gardener/garbage man U Oh posing with the hoe under the tree.

post-222707-0-79873200-1440769848_thumb.post-222707-0-50220300-1440769914_thumb.post-222707-0-27207200-1440769955_thumb.post-222707-0-97396900-1440769990_thumb.

no there are not, i didn't miss your point..i was referring to the first threads on this topic when there were wild fantasies of a serial killers on the loose among other colourful imaginary theories, we haven't read all the same comments…

No, you were admonishing Fat Haggis for suggesting there were Mafia elements on the island, and how he could possibly know this.

I suggested that despite the fact I haven't seen many road accidents as they happen, it does not mean that they don't happen.

Edited by Rykbanlor

Don't know if this has been posted yet as there is lots of clutter on the thread with folks responding to trolls. Best to let their post lie alone.

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/judge-blocks-disclosure-in-death-penalty-case/5050676.fullarticle

Likely the unease referred to in the above article is that the judge can see the frame-up clearly.

Yes they have, many months ago they testified during a pre-trial hearing that they found the phone in question on the night of the murder, also two witnesses testified that the accused had given them that phone to dispose of it.

So they found the(expensive?) phone and asked two other people to dispose of it for them? Come on!

IF they had committed the murders and stolen the phone, the motive for stealing it would be for monetary gain, surely? So why on earth would they ask someone else to get rid of it for them? If the 2 witnesses had said the B2 had tried to sell it to them - that would have been more believable.

You find that scenario to be improbable? It's what the two Burmese said, and it's what the men who received the phone from them said in court.

As for the reason to get rid of something that could link them to a heinous crime, expensive or not, I presume it would had to be something along the lines of getting rid of incriminating evidence. Just a hunch.

A further hunch of mine would be that if the two witnesses went along with the seemingly irrational plan of smashing up a perfectly good piece of expensive electronics they must have felt there were very compelling reasons to do that, and I can't think of any that paints Wai Phyo and Zaw Lin in any particularly innocent light.

Speaking of being cast in a bad light those two men were, as far as anyone knows, the two closest people to the crime scene; after the murders they did not, to the best of my knowledge, offer their help in the investigation. Other people, including Burmese migrant workers (to stave off the utterly predictable argument that they would had been reluctant to come forward because they were Burmese) offered testimony that helped piece together the events of that night. They didn't, they were very close, at the approximate time of the murders, yet they kept things to themselves.

Their friend, who was with them until 1AM (iirc) after their arrest testified that he had seen a couple of foreigners walking on the direction of the crime scene, during the investigation, when such information was crucial, and he must have known of its importance, he said nothing (again to the best of my knowledge). Why wouldn't he offer such valuable testimony? Again I can't think of any good reasons to not do so.

Then of course the two defendants claim that they happened to find a phone in near the scene of the crimes on the night they were committed, again (arguing under presumption of innocence) they didn't think such a find would be relevant to the investigation, they did not only kept it to themselves but instead of doing the rational thing under a framework of innocence, they attempted to destroy and dispose of it.

Their actions as told by themselves are, IMHO, enough grounds to become suspect of being involved in the murders; as I said before the defense better have a fantastically good explanation on how they ended up with the phone of one of the victims, because as you pointed out, their story doesn't make sense so far, at least not in the context of them being not involved in the murders.

The phone was found behind their shack if i remember rightly, so they must have been pretty dumb to dispose of it in such a careless way.

I wonder what prompted the Police to start looking around in those bushes?

"Lets have a poke around here, aha, eureka, we have the victims phone"

Another thread reduced to a total mess, and how nice for three posters with so few posts in their history with 95% of their post on this thread to tell us the Holy Truth on Koh Tao, Thailand and this case...

I see some pattern repeating here, and it always end in the same way, with the topic being blocked.

So, fellow posters, just keep an eye open and look with who you are going to be in an endless and useless debate. My 25 satang...

Don't know if this has been posted yet as there is lots of clutter on the thread with folks responding to trolls. Best to let their post lie alone.

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/judge-blocks-disclosure-in-death-penalty-case/5050676.fullarticle

Likely the unease referred to in the above article is that the judge can see the frame-up clearly.

No, he outlined the motive quite clearly:

"126. In coming to this end result I nonetheless feel very considerable unease. I sit at a long distance from the seat of the trial and I do not have a true “hands on” feel for the way the evidence has been tendered in the trial to date or how the accused might structure their defences. I have not been assisted by the lack of evidence about the Thai proceedings or as to the evidence that has in fact been tendered by the prosecution or as to the main lines of the defence. I have had to work these out for myself doing, as the parties put it, “the best I could”. This has not been a comfortable process."

I posit that it was the work of the claimants to assist the judge in the underlined matters.

The phone was found behind their shack if i remember rightly, so they must have been pretty dumb to dispose of it in such a careless way.

I wonder what prompted the Police to start looking around in those bushes?

"Lets have a poke around here, aha, eureka, we have the victims phone"

They found it after they were arrested, surely you would expect the police to thoroughly investigate the lodgings of murder suspects, wouldn't you?

Planting evidence - the easiest of all the honourous tasks the RTP would have had to perform to fit shit up.

The two defendants admit they "found" that phone on the night of the murders. The "planting" theory is baloney.

Planting evidence - the easiest of all the honourous tasks the RTP would have had to perform to fit shit up.

The two defendants admit they "found" that phone on the night of the murders. The "planting" theory is baloney.

If you say so. I'm tired of debating all these circumstantial points. Could you remind me exactly what conclusive evidence has so far been shown in court?

Another thread reduced to a total mess, and how nice for three posters with so few posts in their history with 95% of their post on this thread to tell us the Holy Truth on Koh Tao, Thailand and this case...

I see some pattern repeating here, and it always end in the same way, with the topic being blocked.

So, fellow posters, just keep an eye open and look with who you are going to be in an endless and useless debate. My 25 satang...

Indeed! What a load of trolling tripe to come home to and have to wade through. What's the news now that the persecution have had all their time in court please? Prosecution I mean.