Chipping ...

I don't know about Thailand. But in Europe i have had my cats microchipped so if they run away or get run over (sad) at least i will know what happened to them and will not be searching for them for months. Also in Swiss land they need it if they go across the border to France, Germany etc.

I think it is a good thing to do if you love your animal and want to make sure that she/him is ok.

in israel it is now law to microchip all dogs with their first rabies vaccine; this declares ownership and if the dog bites or whatever, u are responsible...

several dogs were found in europe etc thru chipping and help of honest vets (show dog quality purebreds that were stolen; there is a big market here in stolen dogs,mostly rotties, etc)

when transfering ownership, u re apply and enter all new info in main info. center (some chips are not international but local only, or regional , but most are now readable internat'l) since all decent zoos chip their animals for record keeping etc

my ferrets are chipped, all the dogs, and the turtles will be next (we cant tellthem apart but w/the chip, we can scan and id who is who)

u might want to ask bambina as a vet for what its worth in thailand; but for what its worth, probably not too much ....

bina

israel

We have just got a new puppy , and i saw some thing about ' microchipping ' , can some one please explaine just why this is done here,

and whats the benefit , cost, and is their any reason to have it done .... is it necessary...?

Thanks ....Mumbo

Hi,

You might also think of if ever in future you'd like to take your animal abroad. Because in that case it need to be chipped.

As for lost animals. Although, the chance may still be small you'd get your dog back, once chipped it always better than nothing. At least, if found by a right person they can trace you down or you can prove that this particular dog is yours.

I forgot about the costs, but it isn't too much though.

I'm registered with a society here in Switzerland, the microchip number is on their data base. I did lose a cat last November and called them about it and they had no information for me so I just hope that some kind family took her in. They did tell me that they would have got in touch with me as soon as they had found her. I just hope she is ok.