Police chief believes same group of perpetrators were responsible for two bomb attacks

Lite Beer

Police chief believes same group of perpetrators were responsible for two bomb attacks

18-8-2558-16-07-06-wpcf_728x405.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The national police chief said Tuesday afternoon that the bomb which was thrown at the Sathorn pier today was the same type with the one used in the attack at Ratchaprasong shopping centre and the two bombing incidents were perpetrated by the same group of elements thought to be Thais.

Pol Gen Somyot Poompunmuang made the above observations to reporters during his inspection of the explosion scene at Sathorn pier under the Taksin bridge. He said that the second bomb fell into the river and its impacts were limited unlike the explosion at the Erawan Shrine.

Regarding the perpetrators, the police said that it was believed there was more than one of them and they used motorcycles in travelling around. He asked members of the public to report to the once if they came across any suspicious individuals or objects, saying that the perpetrators might disguise themselves to avoid detection.

The police chief said he thought the two bombing incidents were not perpetrated by foreigners but by Thais.

The express boat service at Sathorn pier continues as usual although security has been stepped up.

Mr Paisarn Sawettamarn, a tour operators, said that the number of tourists using the pier has dropped about 40 percent following the bomb explosion at Ratchaprasong.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-chief-believes-same-group-of-perpetrators-were-responsible-for-two-bomb-attacks

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-18

I sure hope the police is privy to a lot more info to connect the two bombing as related (carried out by same group) than has been given to the media and subsquenty to the public. I feel certain he is way more informed than anyone other than the actual bomb makers and their associates, so we just and see how this plays out.

good hunting and good luck RTP in your quest for justice.

Edited by slapout

So far the thai police have only confirmed its an Arab from the North East..

shades of Koh Tao..

If you can read: The police chief said he thought the two bombing incidents were not perpetrated by foreigners but by Thais.

Hope they have divers at least going over the site beneath the bridge as likely to be substantial evidence if it turns out it was another pipe bomb.

I mean actual evidence is what most police forces tend to look for isn't it?

Edited by ourmanflint

He asked members of the public to report to the once if they came across any suspicious individuals or objects, saying that the perpetrators might disguise themselves to avoid detection.

You know that is the same as saying "Good luck with identifying the scapegoat, we're not gonna come to your rescue.... just go manhunt yourself, folks...." wai2.gifwai2.gif

In other words, we have no idea but are issuing a statement to pretend we know what we are doing.

We intend to investigate using the same expertise as we did on Koh Tao and are trying to establish how the 2 Burmese escaped from custody, travelled to BKK, placed these bombs and returned to custody without being seen.

Confusing day for the various heads of security here. It appears to be a yellow shirted Arab from E-san disguised as a foreigner taking photos of the shrine before detonating a relatively big bomb. Then he or one of his Arabic friends from E-san decided to continue the carnage by lobbing a grenade onto a ferry pier, but cocked it up big time. Throw into the mix an Australian teacher and a man with a pig on his T-shirt, and they must be close to concluding the case.

I sure hope the police is privy to a lot more info to connect the two bombing as related (carried out by same group) than has been given to the media and subsquenty to the public. I feel certain he is way more informed than anyone other than the actual bomb makers and their associates, so we just and see how this plays out.

good hunting and good luck RTP in your quest for justice.

Hehe you are funny! Using RTP and QUEST FOR JUSTICE in the same sentence. If Prayuth was not there pressing the issue and ordering them to do their jobs do you really think anything would be done except making excuses?

Confusing day for the various heads of security here. It appears to be a yellow shirted Arab from E-san disguised as a foreigner taking photos of the shrine before detonating a relatively big bomb. Then he or one of his Arabic friends from E-san decided to continue the carnage by lobbing a grenade onto a ferry pier, but cocked it up big time. Throw into the mix an Australian teacher and a man with a pig on his T-shirt, and they must be close to concluding the case.

lovely bit of profiling there Sunderland,

so, was it you then ??

No way these acts were perpetrated by Thais! If this is a red shirt inspired attack it can only damage their cause significantly! I don't believe it for a minute,

Edited by AZBill

So far the thai police have only confirmed its an Arab from the North East..

shades of Koh Tao..

If you can read: The police chief said he thought the two bombing incidents were not perpetrated by foreigners but by Thais.

I was being tongue in cheek, a hole

So you insult someone because your attempt at being funny just wasn't ?

i can't find anything in your post that alludes to any humourous connection unless over 20 odd people dead and nearly a hundred people injured is in someway amusing to you ?

Regarding the perpetrators, the police said that it was believed there was more than one of them and they used motorcycles in travelling around. He asked members of the public to report to the once if they came across any suspicious individuals or objects, saying that the perpetrators might disguise themselves to avoid detection.

You mean they are not walking around with T-shirts with the words 'I'm a bomber' written on them !!!

The sneaky mothers.

So one man caught on CCTV has morphed into "a group of perpetrators"

lets hope the Police have a good idea who they are,and arrest them quickly.

regards Worgeordie

They should focus on the Yellow T-shirt. Check all, and I mean all the CCTV cameras in that area. Tedious work but if any of the cameras worked and recorded anything, with some patience one should be able to track this fellow a little bit, either coming or going or both. Post that T-shirt all over the place. It might stand out in somebody's mind. It had a lot of graphics on it.

In other words, we have no idea but are issuing a statement to pretend we know what we are doing.

We intend to investigate using the same expertise as we did on Koh Tao and are trying to establish how the 2 Burmese escaped from custody, travelled to BKK, placed these bombs and returned to custody without being seen.

The BIB, govt etc rush into comments to make it seem as if they are on top of every situation but to my mind it has the opposite effect.

At this stage I am inclined to concur with the Chief , with the second bomb something went wrong , either they miss judged their target or for some reason they panicked and got rid of it , you just don't drop a bomb into water to see what effect it does, I am not going into the CCTV vision of the suspect, but it is doubtful from the news reports the suspects nationality is correct.coffee1.gif

So one man caught on CCTV has morphed into "a group of perpetrators"

lets hope the Police have a good idea who they are,and arrest them quickly.

regards Worgeordie

They should focus on the Yellow T-shirt. Check all, and I mean all the CCTV cameras in that area. Tedious work but if any of the cameras worked and recorded anything, with some patience one should be able to track this fellow a little bit, either coming or going or both. Post that T-shirt all over the place. It might stand out in somebody's mind. It had a lot of graphics on it.

London to a brick that in that shopping bag he was carrying was a T-shirt not at all similar. I would be looking for any shirt colour but yellow, short hair and lower arm tattoos.

And that bag.

Edited by halloween