Sukhumvit Road Closed Near BTS Nana Due to Suspicious Object

webfact

Sukhumvit Road Closed Near BTS Nana Due to Suspicious Object

BANGKOK — All lanes have been closed on a stretch of Sukhumvit Road this afternoon while police check a suspicious object near BTS Nana.

All vehicles have been diverted along other routes around the station, according to FM 91, while the Skytrain operator announced at 2:30 pm that BTS Nana remains open except for one exit on the Phloenchit side, which has been sealed off during the investigation.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1439971093

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-08-19

Sukhumvit Road Reopens After BTS Nana Bomb Scare
By Khaosod English

14399710931439971355l.jpg

BANGKOK — All lanes have been closed on a stretch of Sukhumvit Road this afternoon while police check a suspicious object near BTS Nana.

UPDATE:
Reports indicate roads reopened after object removed.

All vehicles have been diverted along other routes around the station, according to Traffic Police Radio, while the Skytrain operator announced at 2:30 pm that BTS Nana remains open except for one exit on the Phloenchit side, which has been sealed off during the investigation.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1439971093

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-08-19

False alarm bomb scare at Nana BTS
By Coconuts Bangkok

suk7.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Sukhumvit Road around Nana BTS closed today around 2:30pm as police investigated a suspicious package that ultimately proved to be a false alarm

A mysterious black object was found at the bottom of the BTS stairs at the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 7.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/19/false-alarm-bomb-scare-nana-bts

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-19

It's definitely deliberate. What do the cams have to show?

Could be a series of suspicious packages being placed around to continue the campaign, or just some <deleted> who is riding the coat tails of the bomber.

That certainly does look like something that warrants alarm.

Now, any portion of the city can be closed, anytime, by simply dropping a bag of rice in a black bag with tape ...etc.

And how do you charge someone with "Dropping your carefully wrapped groceries to prevent them from getting wet" ?

*sigh* this sucks.

did this cops crops crocks take care to take fingerprints, DNA, CCTV catch ??

for what ? it did not explode,

was not dangerious, why ß

to get some training !!

Mango66, Why do you always do this?

You ask a bunch of questions you yourself do not know the answer to ...

Then, the voices in your head answer "Hell no!"

And the rants begin.

Why do you think he is being so careful and taking it away without touching it?

How do you know what CCTV is being looked at even as we speak?

How many eye witnesses are being interviewed ?? (locals with street stalls .. etc)

Calm down .. you do know it could be as simple as a cushion, a home made support for a motorbike, some packing in a delicate shipment someone discarded ...yes?

i agree, it LOOKS VERY suspicious, but what possible good, and what evidence do you have, to immediately throw the Thai Authorities under the bus?

Oh, I forgot, your reputation of Thai Bashing proceeds you .. and it is well earned...

Nothing will stop you .. have at it.

Edited by Guest

That package that is wrapped in plastic and tape does indeed look very suspicious.

I wonder if the bombers are playing mindgames now?

Don't know about "mind games,", but there is a noticible shortage of "punters," to be found about Nana's entertainment venues today...When it goes wrong it all goes wrong in Bangkok. Stand by for the next failure to lift off....you can almost hear the clicking of the many computers cancelling their tours as we speak....sad days ahead I fear.

I'd like to see the cops in protective bomb disposal suits doing this stuff. Despite all the rhetoric, many of these guys are dedicated and put themselves in harms way too many times and it could all end very tragically.

Yes indeed, but are you willing to buy those suits? No? O.K.. Next topic...

Just hope they're not trying to lull the bomb squad into complacency by placing out a few decoys, then hit us all with the real thing.

My thoughts precisely. Right now, we only have a photo-fit of the suspected perp. We don't know who he is, his alliances, allegiences, his motives, objectives and so on and so forth. Without this info, we will not know, or can't judge, if it's a blip, or a full-blown campaign with more sites targetted. Completely unsafe to wander around crowded and touristy areas for now.

Just hope they're not trying to lull the bomb squad into complacency by placing out a few decoys, then hit us all with the real thing.

That is exactly what I thought when I read the article. Not about the bomb squad though, I imagine they'll always take such things seriously, but about Joe Public; if there are enough false alarms people will stop suspecting abandoned packages.

(I once was on the verge of evacuating a fair sized building in Melbourne not long after leaving England - I was literally standing in front of the fire alarm with all of my people halfway down the corridor towards the stairs when one of them stopped to pick up the briefcase he'd left by the entrance door. He really had no idea why I was so angry, and why I was evacuating. Once learned never forgotten, but does this one instance count as learning?).

That is exactly what I thought when I read the article. Not about the bomb squad though, I imagine they'll always take such things seriously, but about Joe Public; if there are enough false alarms people will stop suspecting abandoned packages.

(I once was on the verge of evacuating a fair sized building in Melbourne not long after leaving England - I was literally standing in front of the fire alarm with all of my people halfway down the corridor towards the stairs when one of them stopped to pick up the briefcase he'd left by the entrance door. He really had no idea why I was so angry, and why I was evacuating. Once learned never forgotten, but does this one instance count as learning?).

What's your point?

to get some training !!

What's in your mango shake Sherlock.

That package that is wrapped in plastic and tape does indeed look very suspicious.

I wonder if the bombers are playing mindgames now?

Don't know about "mind games,", but there is a noticible shortage of "punters," to be found about Nana's entertainment venues today...When it goes wrong it all goes wrong in Bangkok. Stand by for the next failure to lift off....you can almost hear the clicking of the many computers cancelling their tours as we speak....sad days ahead I fear.

Good! Maybe I can get a front row seat at my favourite road front bar opposite Nana Hotel for a change!

to get some training !!

And the rants begin.

How many eye witnesses are being interviewed ?? (locals with street stalls .. etc)

Calm down .. you do know it could be as simple as a cushion, a home made support for a motorbike, some packing in a delicate shipment someone discarded ...yes?

i agree, it LOOKS VERY suspicious, but what possible good, and what evidence do you have, to immediately throw the Thai Authorities under the bus?

Oh, I forgot, your reputation of Thai Bashing proceeds you .. and it is well earned...

to get some training !!

And the rants begin.

It looked like a small muslim all wrapped in black like that with no way to see whats inside!

How long did it take you to come up with that cryptic peace of rubbish. The mods will pull your post down . Get a life. BTW I don't have religion.