Pattaya Tourist Police lead intensive Security Operation in South Pattaya

webfact

Pattaya Tourist Police lead intensive Security Operation in South Pattaya

tp-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya’s Tourist Police are leading an around-the-clock security operation in the South Pattaya Entertainment Zone as maintaining security and safety for Tourists in Pattaya remains an absolute priority for Police.

On Tuesday Night Police Colonel Witoon, the Superintendent for Tourist Police Region 2 was in Pattaya to examine the work of local Tourist Police Officers, who are being supported by the Army and Police Volunteers.

Checks by over 50 Army and Police Officers took place on Tuesday Night with some foreigners being subjected to bag searches. Around 40 tourist hot spots have been identified by Police and these areas will be policed 24 hours a day, following the deadly bomb blast in Bangkok on Monday.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/212318/pattaya-tourist-police-lead-intensive-security-operation-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-08-20

All meaningless "show".

Everyone carries a bag, holdall, sports bag, rucksack, laptop bag, carrier bag. Are the Police now going to stop and search every bag ? Impossible, and pointless.

And what is the purpose of this entourage ? Oh I forgot, "show".

All meaningless "show".

Everyone carries a bag, holdall, sports bag, rucksack, laptop bag, carrier bag. Are the Police now going to stop and search every bag ? Impossible, and pointless.

I don't carry any of those when I venture out into the South Pattaya Entertainment Zone.

It's better than them doing nothing

Be grateful for small mercies

Although it would be a good idea if the Police had at least one "sniffer dog" ......it could send out a message

Over to you Olly

I was at Don Mueang airport and noticed a backpack left on a seat. I went and told a staff member at a desk by one of the gates and she asked me what she should do. Call security, I suggested. She did, and no-one answered the phone. I'll show you the bag, I said, and she walked ahead of me up the terminal and walked right past. Didn't even see it. Just as we got to the bag someone came and collected it. I then walked back to her desk by the gate, and there were two more bags left there at the entrance to the airbridge. What about those, I asked. Oh, they belong to the (Thai) crew. They left them there, she replied. Really, what chance has Thailand got with such imbeciles around.

All meaningless "show".

I don't carry any of those when I venture out into the South Pattaya Entertainment Zone.

Neither do I. Ive always found a pocket full of money is all you need for a good time down there.

I realize its a silly question, but what bomb detection training have any of them received?

For example there are letter bombs, do they know how to spot one?

There are ball bombs, do they know how to spot one?

There are laptop bombs and bombs which go off because of a phone call or radio frequency.

I applaud their efforts to show tight security, but i am afraid if a real bomber was in the area, they would most likely either miss him/her or assist in setting it off