Bangkok bombings now believed to be internal conflict rather than international terrorism

webfact

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not taking one side or the other on this; however, let's say you wanted to pull something off like this without being traceable. Wouldn't hiring a foreign hit man to organise this be a logical way to do that?

“They wanted to discredit the government, undermine the economy so as to make foreign investors to lose confidence in the country,”

It seems like the junta is perfectly able to do that without any "help".

CNN said the bomber left on a motorcycle taxi, and while on the taxi spoke on his phone in a "foreign" language that was not English.

Well, Thailand, the English speaking hub of ASEAN. This taxi driver should know! cheesy.gif

I can't speak French or German but I can distinguish between the two. Why do you think the taxi driver wouldn't be able to distinguish between English and another language he didn't recognise???

The job was too sophisticated for Uighurs or disaffected southern insurgents to have carried out. Experts discount the suggestion there is an IS connection. If you listen closely to the Thai language interviews with senior officials, you can pick up that the government has a chief suspect although they might not have the evidence to name them just yet. The bomber could have been anyone hired for a price but my guess is the person ordering the job was almost certainly Thai.

Prayuth knows that if the Uighur folks did this, his anti human rights policies will be front and center for blame. To save face for this, he will go to great lengths to bend the investigation to fit his political agenda. Look for innocents to be arrested and tried

CNN said the bomber left on a motorcycle taxi, and while on the taxi spoke on his phone in a "foreign" language that was not English.

Isan or Khmer Surin are foreign languages.

By the way, the final story will be what will fit with "their" plans.

Maybe they better call it "an overseas language".....

they will spin it to look like Junta opossition to make it look like they are the victims. If it is discovered that it is revenge for the repatriation of the Uigers then it will be the Juntas fault as no country in the world could believe what they had done and they were condemned comprehensively

Prayuth is trying to avoid the Uighur deportation as being the cause of a terrorist attack. He completely botched the deportation and that's why the Thai embassy in Istanbul was attacked after the deportation on 9 July. He knows he shares some of the blame if it turns out this was an Uighur terrorist attack.

Edited by zaphod reborn

The job was too sophisticated for Uighurs or disaffected southern insurgents to have carried out. Experts discount the suggestion there is an IS connection. If you listen closely to the Thai language interviews with senior officials, you can pick up that the government has a chief suspect although they might not have the evidence to name them just yet. The bomber could have been anyone hired for a price but my guess is the person ordering the job was almost certainly Thai.

The job actually was too sophisticated to be carried out by Thais. Somyot basically conceded this when he said the bomb was assembled by someone that was highly skilled. The only thing sophisticated was the building of the bomb and the detonator. The rest was child's play.

It was mentioned on the BBC news earlier that they are also looking for the two blokes who were standing in front of the bomber (as previously spotted, and mentioned by a Thaivisa member on another thread) and they were almost certainly Thai.

The Yellow shirt he was wearing might be a clue?

Yep, worn by a red shirt supporter to discredit the yellow shirts. Well done Sherlock

Makes me think of Princess Bride part: "But you, being a very clever man, would know I would think wear a yellow shirt because actually a yellow shirt, so I have wear yellow shirt knowing you would conclude had to be red shirt. But you would know I would think that and......."

Dear Bomber: If you were told to hide out in Koh Tao.... DON"T ACCEPT the offer!

Prayuth has said... Even if the Uighurs claim responsibility, he wouldn't accept it because they waited three days... Much too long :) it's clearly the red shirts and Thaksin. :) ... It really is time for me to leave this terrible country after eight years. This place is tragic under this junta... So sad

"...bombing was well organized in order to discredit the government..."
"...The bombings were carried out by organized movement so as to intimidate foreign tourists, foreign investors not to come to Thailand..."

This is nothing more than being totally self-absorbed and 100% speculation as no one has been caught and interrogated. It's not very responsible or helpful to be putting out statements like this and yet they chastise the social media to not do the same thing they are doing.

Where ever this happens in the world it take different turns before it is solved if it's ever solved. This is not unique to Thailand or make them worse investigators. Have you ever seen any country that go out in the press with all information they have. It may be wise for them to blame local interests instead of international to make the international suspects feel safe. Unfortunately Thailand is not the only country that are affected by bombings the tourists areas in Turkey have had its share of bombs for many years now targeting tourists. Just hope it's not affecting the tourism in the long run even though 23 countries have issued travel alerts.

if he had tattoos,surely he would wear a long arm shirt

Let's recap:

1) The main suspect is a foreigner

2) He had help, maybe Thais

3) It was well organized

Which leads us to conclude

4) The motivation is internal affairs

Well, I for one am totally convinced by this iron clad reasoning.

ad 1, yes, a western farang with a middle east touch, without saying jew.

ad 2. perhaps, but based on the work of profieler,

they see a man, hiding his arm tatoos very professional,

wearing a t shirt with political symbolic colors yellow and red.

The fact, that he covers his tatoos shows us, that he is using his t shirt for the message,

214577850302d547a1d55c1e54d29df6335e079a