I can't watch Thai TV

hound

Let the Lady watch the TV as usual then sign up to Mediahint.com US$3.95 a Month You can watch BBC TV programmes on the Laptop. If that's too tiring on the eyes buy a 27" computer monitor and plug the VGA lead supplied with it into the external video port on the laptop switching the Laptop display to external monitor via the keyboard. Finally relax with your favourite bottle and discover why the World's finest TV service together with its I-Player is better than ever.

Are you planning to watch 'something else' on Sophon?

There isn't much these days but to do that you would need another Sophon box and a second TV. (Split the cable line).

The solution at my house is I stream UK TV from my internet/computer to the TV until it is time for the Thai soaps.

Then I take the HDMI cable out of the computer and I watch the laptop screen using headphones.

I could move into the bedroom and plug the HDMI in there.

I have True Vision, a Minix box and all the content I can download from the internet. This is enough.

I do not want to watch anything on Sophon. I don't need any more inputs (like a second Sophon box).

I watch the 40inch TV.

I need another TV, Monitor or Tablet to plug the Sophon feed into.

Maybe I don't need anything as I asked the lady and she said she could watch on her Phone.

But she still asks me to put on Thai TV sometimes.

I think some of the posters have had a Chang too many before posting.

I'd be surprised if the Thai lady is going to be content to watch her cr*p Thai TV on a phone screen for the long term, while the OP is watching his own stuff on a 40 inch TV.

But if her only interest is the regular basic Thai TV channels, then any kind of Android tablet configured to run TrueVisions Anywhere, ILikeHD or any of the other similar offerings would seem like a good, inexpensive approach.

Or, an inexpensive 2nd TV connected to the Sophon cable feed that the OP says he doesn't need/watch.

Yep, get a tablet for her and tell her to watch the free thai channels on ilikehd.

In our household I watch ilikehd on the main screen in the daytime. At night she watches her soaps on the main screen and I watch ilikehd on my tablet.

Edited by sniffdog

Sniff, I'm trying to remember...

Does doing what you're doing (simultaneous viewing on a TV and tablet) require two different ILike subscriptions, or you can do it under a single paid subscription? Or is she just using ILike under a separate free account that includes only the basic OTA Thai channels?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Sorry, perhaps I was not clear enough. But at night she watches soaps not on ilikehd but on a 299baht truevisions subscription. But, yes, she could get het own ilikehd account and stick to the free channels. Perhaps i will cancel true and save 299 baht.

Get wireless for your internet and buy her a cheap I pad, she can watch all the soaps any time she wants, you don't have to tune in when its live broadcast, my gf and her neice enjoy all the soaps whilst I have my satellite dish for more channels than I can count..