Just me or is the interweb (bkk) crawling for the last couple of days

HooHaa

i have a true connection which is generally bulletproof for web surfing, but the last couple days im waiting for pages to draw, ftp from my seed box trickles in. its getting painful.

its so bad its almost like the computer is diskbound, but the task manager shows all is good, not redlining the disk, memory good etc.

Speedtest.net is showing between 25 30 mbps (usually 35-55), wireless signal is strong, linked at 300 mbps full bars etc, but still the interwebs trickle in.

latency on speedtest is fine as well.

i realize the gateway may limit individual connections, but i should be fine with multi threaded downloads. also, even a limited connection is usally fine for simple browsing.

anyone else noticed a slowdown? facebook, thaivisa, airbnb all that stuff that should be locally mirrored is just crawling.

VPN to singapore, usually very robust is slow too.

i called true today and they are sending someone to check, but i expect little as local traffic seems fine.

anyone else noticing this?

Probably due to local events of the past few days. More social media usage, more monitoring by the upper powers...

not much for conspiracy theories, but this did cross my mind.

still as i said, its just as painful on vpn.

Bandwidth isn't everything over here.

Bottlenecks at the ISP?

Some Traffic Control checkpoint In and out of the area?

Server problems? ...or malware/active x issues.

....Pages and downloads are normal, for me (Chiang Mai)..and our traffic runs through Bangkok as well.

I get a 25 percent improvement (watching streaming videos) by connecting a LAN line to my router (using Ethernet instead of Wireless). (100 mbps vice 72). My bandwidth is lower than yours by several times, but my pages are loading very nicely...and no problems with downloads/online videos.

I'm up North on ToT fiber and have noticed longer waits , and slower internet , since about 10 days .

Troubles too with udp trackers for torrents. I wondered if they are targetting the udp trackers to make torrenting more difficult.

Inland traffic is about the same so the outbound lines are squeezed again ?

Just tonight , TV is slower too , sometimes with error , server has too much traffic....

Probably due to local events of the past few days. More social media usage, more monitoring by the upper powers...

not much for conspiracy theories, but this did cross my mind.

still as i said, its just as painful on vpn.

No conspiracy theory. I for one notice my speeds degrade up until 9am, 12-13:00 and 17-19:00. Commute and lunch times.

I've also ran an internet gateway during times of heightened security, so also know the seats are staffed a bit more vigorously....

Say what you like about your VPN, it still goes through the same congested links....

I'm up North on ToT fiber and have noticed longer waits , and slower internet , since about 10 days .

Troubles too with udp trackers for torrents. I wondered if they are targetting the udp trackers to make torrenting more difficult.

Inland traffic is about the same so the outbound lines are squeezed again ?

Just tonight , TV is slower too , sometimes with error , server has too much traffic....

I'm in Phuket with TOT ADSL and have noticed the same.

Web surfing takes forever sometimes, but torrenting speed is not too bad.

I've had the same problem with torrent trackers for a couple months, I usually need to try several sites to find one that will work.

Archived