I need securing strap and fittings....where?

cheeryble

It's a great old bike rack been using for years now lost the strap round the wheel (don't ask).

A pain as the bike is on the car most of the time....always handy.

LUCKILY for a Thai lady who wanted one I took some photos to help her find something similar just before I lost the strap.

It needs

1. Strap (two bits)

2. Each has a fitting which goes over the square section of the rack....photo 2.

3. A sprung clip which one heaves the strap through to secure it....photo 3.

I realise 2 may have to be made up or use seem other arrangement like going round double with the strap, but want to find 1 and 3 and maybe someone who can sew any fittings on properly.

Maybe backpack type fittings may do.

Where to try?

(alternatively would happily buy the exact same rack new but haven't seen like this)

(note to self.....check out Dang Som Pratu)

post-120824-0-78174400-1440127659_thumb.

post-120824-0-30887800-1440127668_thumb.

post-120824-0-26486900-1440127788_thumb.

Edited by cheeryble

Great response thanks!

....and in fact I'm going to Baan and Beyond today.

Second thoughts.....

Errr without being picky I have concerns about rust.

Basically this thing is on the back of the car nearly 365 days year any weather day and night.

That original clip is galvanised and the teeth still spring on the strap after maybe 6-7 years.

I already dismantled the rack and had it resprayed which has held back the rust from doing any real damage.

ps it doesn't need to be that strong.

The rack is doing the holding of the weight, the strap is just stopping the whole issue twisting to one side if it's out of balance....been using a couple of bungee cord temporary but don't like not pukka.

On thinking if I could get a good fitting a leather worker could do the stitching even if it's a nylon strap.

Edited by cheeryble

This is becoming a ratchet forum smile.png

The type Crossy shows above is only about 100 baht and I bought one yesterday to use as part of a fence stretcher. Spray it with WD40 from time to time and it'll probably last a a good long time.

Edited by Greenside