Holiday visa for Thai wife to UK...how early?

Okay,I am English,I have a Thai wife (just over two years)

My best friend will marry on the 6th of August 2016 (next year)so I will be heading off for a 3 week vacation round about July the 15th,I want know...

1. How early can I start the process?

2. What do we need?

3. Cost of application?

Also this will be her first visit to England, she has land and money and also a job to go back to,she has NO children.

Cheers guys

I am off to England for my best friends wedding next year,I will leave round about the 15th of July 2016 ( I know its a long way off)

I want to take my Thai wife of two years with me,it will be her first visit to England.

She has a job to come back to,land and money in her bank,but has no children

How early can I start the process?

How much does it cost without going to an agency

What do we or she need

Cheers

She can apply three months before the date of travel.

All the information can be found on the VFS website, by reading the numerous posts on here or the pinned topic, though whilst that's being updated the basics are accurate.

Things could alter over the next 9 months or so, the price will almost certainly go up.

From what you have said about her circumstances, she shouldn't have a problem, I wouldn't be doing anything until well into 2016.

I do not know if it is different applying in Thailand, but I apply for my Thai wife here in Saudi to visit England. Three months before is normal, and you do not need to show a ticket anymore, at least according to the notes I downloaded for my last application 3 months ago.

as has been said 3months before your arrival . dont forget you need to make an appointment and that is 2 months before meaning a total of 5 months.

as for what is required what is written and actually wanting to be seen are not the same .

cost ? well it will go up .i reckon 600 pounds as we need to go to Bangkok and stay in a hotel and eat .we dont all live around the corner.

you need to prove without any doubt that your other half will leave as per your itinary .a ticket is simply not enough .if she already has a good record of visa compliance its a bonus.

If i wait is it worth booking a ticket early,as I save quite a bit the earlier I book.

Up to you, but the UKVI advice is to not purchase tickets until after the visa has been granted.

Whether you do so or not wont make any difference to the decision.

The visa will be valid for 6 months and, as said, you can apply up to three months in advance, but as UK visas are usually valid from the day of issue make sure you ask for a specific start date.

UKVI advise allowing three weeks for processing non settlement visas; the latest (June) figures for Bangkok show that 99% were processed within 10 working days (2 weeks), which seems about average. But what the situation will be next July/August is impossible to say.

For more information see the pinned topic referred to by theoldgit and Standard visitor visa from UKVI.