Retirement Extension via monthly income at Bangkok - August 2015

OP.....your experience sounds strange. Have they changed attitude towards income affidavit. You didn't mention you offered supporting info. However they did not ask to see same.

I'm going for my first 12 month extension based on retirement and your check list is helpful. Did you need to show proof of where you live.

OP.....your experience sounds strange. Have they changed attitude towards income affidavit. You didn't mention you offered supporting info. However they did not ask to see same.

I'm going for my first 12 month extension based on retirement and your check list is helpful. Did you need to show proof of where you live.

Re income, I always bring backup material for my income, if they ever ask for it. In many years here, I've never been asked. And I never show or produce anything I'm not specifically asked for.

Re proof of where you live, some Immigration offices will ask for something. And I gather most or all will when handling marriage extensions (such as photos of you and the wife showing the exterior of your home including the house number). But for retirement extensions, BKK has never asked me. However, as with income, I always bring a paper printout of a Google map showing my home location, just in case I'm ever asked.

BTW, credit due to Lopburi, since I adapted the list above using as a starting point his 2014 CW retirement extension trip report...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

It must be normal procedure now because the same thing happen to me back in March.

Do you mean the part about three different officers now being involved in the retirement extension process? Or something else? In all my prior extension visits to CW, I only recall two officers being involved each time, the initial officer and then the younger supervisor in the rear area.

FWIW, earlier this week, I got my retirement extension and a re-entry permit. I started the process in Immigration right at 9 am (they open at 8:30 am) and completing both approvals took until about 11:30 a.m. And that was with nothing wrong, nothing needing to be redone or any other complications.

It must be normal procedure now because the same thing happen to me back in March.

Do you mean the part about three different officers now being involved in the retirement extension process? Or something else? In all my prior extension visits to CW, I only recall two officers being involved each time, the initial officer and then the younger supervisor in the rear area.

FWIW, earlier this week, I got my retirement extension and a re-entry permit. I started the process in Immigration right at 9 am (they open at 8:30 am) and completing both approvals took until about 11:30 a.m. And that was with nothing wrong, nothing needing to be redone or any other complications.

Yes about the three officers and like the OP I had to wait 15 to 20 minutes for the Third officer. also, noticed others had to wait the day I went.

Thanks for the info on that... I had started sweating that day after they kept me waiting, wondering if they were going to come up with some half-a****ed new policy interpretation to hassle me about. But it didn't go that way. And now I'm glad to hear, I wasn't the only one kept sitting around while folks were chit-chatting or playing with their mobile phones...