Nearly 100 sets of US army uniforms found smuggled into Vietnam

webfact

Nearly 100 sets of US army uniforms found smuggled into Vietnam

CG5HE6Pa-wpcf_728x413.jpg

HO CHI MINH CITY: -- Vietnamese customs officers at Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City have seized nearly 100 sets of U.S. army uniforms in a consignment sent from the US to Vietnam, Tuoi Tre News reported.

The customs force detected these uniforms in a shipment of an individual who arrived at the airport on a flight from the US on Sunday.

Such army uniforms are on the list of goods banned from being imported into Vietnam under an order dated May 9, 2006 of the Ministry of Defense.

Customs officers are coordinating with the Ministry of Public Security to investigate the case.

In order to ensure security and order for the upcoming National Day (Sept 2), airport customs officers have taken many measures to detect and prevent reactionary materials, weapons and military equipment from illegally being brought into Vietnam by air, the Tan Son Nhat customs sub-department said.

On July 31, the force seized 94 military handguns and 472 magazines hidden on a flight from Turkey, in what could be the first-ever large-scale weapon smuggling case by air in the city, according to officers.

The airport customs, in conjunction with the Ministry of Public Security’s General Economic Security Department and other units, launched an unexpected inspection of the plane and discovered the illicit firearms.

The Ho Chi Minh City Customs Department and General Economic Security Department are investigating the case, which they said seriously affects the country’s national security and social order and safety.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nearly-100-sets-of-us-army-uniforms-found-smuggled-into-vietnam

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-25

So what! No Vietnamese or Asian for that matter can wear them. Even US Asians ate pretty big.....?

Well in Thailand there are some who catch up.....Our last 3 accountant ladies would need as much fabric as a full trained tall US soldier.....Just cut different.......

Nearly 100 sets of US military uniforms, 94 handguns and 472 magazines. This would make any country ramp up its security. The weapons appear to have come from Turkey. Islamists from Turkey are suspected to have contributed to terror attacks in Thailand and they openly support the Islamic Uighar in China. With security levels raised in China and Thailand, Vietnam would be a good destination to send weapons and military equipment, possibly to attack more Thais and Chinese. (Maybe, it is a long straw I admit)

There seems to be a concerted effort to disrupt SE Asian nations lately.

Multiple incidents always suggest a pattern.

Someone does not wish them well.

Freedom fighters -- the new code word for terrorism, it seems.

Our world has had enough of war.

I hope all their attempts fail.

If this is indicative of what is being intercepted, makes me wonder how much is getting into the country.

It used to be a strange situation at the Moc Bai border crossing. People crossing the border legally were scrutinized at the border checkpoint but, within sight of this crossing, you could see the constant stream of loaded up motorcycles and bicycles at (what was termed) the 'green' border crossing.

Maybe someone is doing a remake of "Apocolypse Now."

It would be interesting to see a version from the winning side.

Just turn on the television and you can watch any number of their locally made 'war victory' programmes. Usually black and white and . . . snore . . .

Maybe someone is doing a remake of "Apocolypse Now."

It would be interesting to see a version from the winning side.

Just turn on the television and you can watch any number of their locally made 'war victory' programmes. Usually black and white and . . . snore . . .

I must agree with the snore.

I have not watched any television since i moves to Thailand a few years ago..English or Thai Television.

Sometimes I will watch a movie or documentary online.

I am not complaining, now I spend a lot more time reading.....mostly history and historical novels.

I will wait for the big Vietnamese movie production of the war and catch it online some day!

I wonder who will play Brando's part???