Taxi driver says he drove Bangkok bomber to Hua Lamphong

webfact

I can't believe that the fare was 61 baht, the guy paid with 100 baht and got back 40 baht back in change. Something very fishy about that!!

Even stranger was that he used the meter, mind you it probsbly took 5 minutes of arguing with the driver just to get him to switch the meter on.

I don't generally have a problem with taxis. I just say location and meter and that is it. I have twice had taxi drivers take me short distances and actually refused any payment. I have never had a metered taxi argue over tip (might give me a sad or quizical look). The minority of time they say won't go (maybe traffic jam or something), or don't want to use a meter.... I just say fine.... next (except for the last one that said meter not working and quoted me fare that was what the meter would have come to anyways.... so I am guessing it really was not working).

Lucky you, I have nothing but problems with taxi's in BKK, I would understand if I was rude but I'm always polite, I must just have one of those faces.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that the fare was 61 baht, the guy paid with 100 baht and got back 40 baht back in change. Something very fishy about that!!

Even stranger was that he used the meter, mind you it probsbly took 5 minutes of arguing with the driver just to get him to switch the meter on.

I don't generally have a problem with taxis. I just say location and meter and that is it. I have twice had taxi drivers take me short distances and actually refused any payment. I have never had a metered taxi argue over tip (might give me a sad or quizical look). The minority of time they say won't go (maybe traffic jam or something), or don't want to use a meter.... I just say fine.... next (except for the last one that said meter not working and quoted me fare that was what the meter would have come to anyways.... so I am guessing it really was not working).

Lucky you, I have nothing but problems with taxi's in BKK, I would understand if I was rude but I'm always polite, I must just have one of those faces.

Oh and the last quoted fare.... was trying to work out exact change and was 10 baht short on exact amount and he just basically said.... close enough.

You obviously don't get many taxis. Pretty common for them to round a fare down a baht rather than bother with counting out coins.

Don't worry, Eddy B. I get the point you are making!

For those who don't know the area, Charn Isara Tower is on Rama 4, about 100 metres from the interssction with Silom Road. This would be a very indirect way of getting to the Erawan Shrine.

How did he arrive at Charn Issara?

I think it was reported early after the blast that yellow shirt left the scene on a motorbike taxi. If then taking taxi then tuktuk maybe he was understandably trying to cover his tracks.

"Police invited the taxi driver, Chalerm (surname withheld) to be interrogated at the Metropolitan Police Bureau Monday night."

Anyone noticed how much more polite society has become after the army graciously took power? Police are now inviting people to an interrogation. Of course, the army showed the way by inviting people to attitude adjustment sessions.

I think Thailand is definitively heading in the right direction!!

I noticed that too, and also the police 'sought cooperation' from the taxi driver, how polite indeed!

I do however have serious doubts they will find anything forensically interesting in that taxi's back seat, being it more than a week later....

Police sought cooperation from Chalerm to take the taxi for forensic science police to detect any hair or other things that might be left by the suspect. Police would also try to detect fingerprints inside the taxi.

I wonder, in how many Taxis one should travel to spew out comments such as these? ^^

I wonder, in how many Taxis one should travel to spew out comments such as these? ^^

Around 90% of taxi journey's start with a "discussion" about the meter, at first I would argue with the driver until he switched the meter on but now I ask one time and if they still want to negociate a price then I exit the taxi, does that answer your question?

Around 90% of taxi journey's start with a "discussion" about the meter, at first I would argue with the driver until he switched the meter on but now I ask one time and if they still want to negociate a price then I exit the taxi, does that answer your question?

Seriously?

I'd say 99% of the time I get in a taxi they turn the meter on automatically.

More evidence if any was needed that the bomber is Thai, and has now been dropped off so he can get the train home. Can hardly believe he was still wearing yellow t-shirt though and if he was that no one remembered seeing him.

He must be an expert chameleon!

Seriously?

I'd say 99% of the time I get in a taxi they turn the meter on automatically.

Like I said before I must have one of those faces that make taxi drivers think my head is buttoned up the back.

Taxi driver who drove 2015 Erawan Bomber to the airport finally comes forward

Bangkok, 24th of May 2032 - In a sudden twist in the ongoing investigation of the 2015 Erawan bombing, the taxi driver who drove bombing suspect Mohamad Museyin to Suvarnabhumi Airport after the attack, on the 17th of August 2014, finally decided to come forward and explained to police that he........ coffee1.gif

Edited by MockingJay

More evidence if any was needed that the bomber is Thai, and has now been dropped off so he can get the train home. Can hardly believe he was still wearing yellow t-shirt though and if he was that no one remembered seeing him.

He must be an expert chameleon!

Confusing isn't it ? Only, the taxi driver (recovering from amnesia under duress), remembered him still having the backpack . Perhaps he also remembered all the other details as they were suggested to him also. Otherwise why did he not volunteer this info freely before being "summoned" for interrogation ?

Good luck getting those fingerprints from a taxi door handle a week later boys.

No, honestly, it's a great idea. Have a look for some DNA while you're at it.

Get dna and then match it to ???????????? I guess they need to catch some one first to be able to match it. I cannot see that happening this late.