Buying alcohol

MeHere

Stocking up for the weekend I'm happy to have been allowed to purchase a bottle of Grey Goose and a bottle of Glenlivet at my local Villa Market... Walked over to the Wine Connection to add a bottle of Shiraz and I got shutdown by the little smiley boy at the counter!!!

"Sorry Sir, only after 5:00pm can we sell you wine"

So I went back to Villa Market and bought a less desirable bottle... ermm.gif

I cannot even begin to make sense of this experience crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

The little boy is correct no booze 2 - 5 pm.

Unless you know somewhere that defies the ban, You seem to have cleared that hurdle already.

It's only Tuesday plenty of time to stock up.

Not much point in wine connection being open when they are only going to refuse you . cheesy.gif

Not too complicated. Villa Market seem to sell booze pretty much whenever they like. Many other retail outlets actually have their tills set so that they cannot even process a liquor sale outside hours. is there something on this weekend that will prevent the sale of booze?

I'm sure they enforce the daytime ban in the Villa Market here, they have signs up about it anyway.

I guess enforcement will vary from province to province, the Makro here in Hua Hin won't sell any alcohol between the 'sacred hours' these days - even if you have a license to sell alcohol and buy an obvious wholesale amount of it. There's normally a crowd of people standing around near the checkouts waiting for 5pm to arrive so they can pay for their goods.

Edited by ukrules

I really just can't understand the 2-5 ban.But hey I don't understand many things the Thai government does.My advise is buy your

Alcohol far ahead of your party.That way you'll never rush out at 4 to buy your party favorites.

Is that 2-5 ban for all of Thailand all year long? I haven't heard of it until now.

Yup, and it has been in place for some years.

Up until recently you could buy 'wholesale' quantities out of hours, but that was canned earlier this year.