Where can I find Street Food Around Rama 9 / Near Phra Ram 9 MRT?

SS1

I just moved to a condo near Phra Ram 9 MRT station a week ago. I haven't been walking too much around the surroundings, but I haven't yet seen any streetfood places except one single grilled pork cart in front of my soi.

Can anyone recommend which direction to walk to find some streetfood e.g. Som Tam and other stuff?

I live near PTT Gas station, close to the Rama 9 intersection.

The lower ground floors in Fortune Town have some good cheap eating places, as well as the Sois to the left after passing FT. Soi 3 a little further down has some good cheap Thai food on the Soit and in the cheap "restaurants".

As far as being dangerous in this area the only threats come from motor cycle taxis on the footpaths/sidewalks. But this is everywhere in BKK.

make a friend with locals working or living in your location. ask them. it may take asking more than a few people. but my experience is this works.

also, motorcy rubjang are excellent sources for locating anything in their area. chat with the boys a few times. and then after making friends ask them about good restaurants within walking distance.

Like Kaoboi says. There is a decent Chinese Thai place on Din Daeng across the street from "Amsterdam" across from a 711 next to the Pizza hut. This Chinese place is on a street that also has some food stands and small restaurants. The max value is ok but I got bored with it as there's not much variation. Overall, the best bet is the Central food court at MRT Rama IX but good luck finding a seat during peak times (sure you know this by now).

If you want a long walk or a short MRT ride go to the esplanade train market. There is all sorts of food there on a more international level. I like this market much more than JJ although it is smaller. Take the MRT to Thailand Cultural center (it is on the same side of the road as fortune.

As for the area being dangerous, I ve never had a problem although there was a random vocation tech school incident a few months ago where a kid was shot or stabbed to death. Other than that you gotta watch out for dog crap near the motor cycle taxi at "uh sohm ah tah".

I completely forgot about Proper Job pub on Ratchada soi 3. Good Thai food with some pub grub. Rob is a great host. Its about 150 metres from Yu Charoen intersection on the south side.

I used to live around there. Felt perfectly safe behind F Town mall.

Archived