Possible to do several Tourist Visas in a row

Hi,

Sorry if this question has been asked already but i'm looking for up to date informations and experiences about Tourists visa because i've seen contradictory information on the internet.

I have an sabbatical leave from work of 11 months starting end of october and plan at the moment to stay in Thailand most of the time.

From my country i can apply only for 60 days touris visa, single entry, no multiple entry are issued here anymore.

I've understood that i can extend it for 30 days so, we are at 90 days and we will be around the 25th of january 2016.

What will be my options from there?

1) Is it possible to go to Laos / Malaysia and get a new touris visa in January?

2) If yes, can this visa be multiple entry if it follows a single entry tourist visa?

3) Can i do the same process in April and July 2016?

Thanks

first off what is your age and country of residence.

yes a double entry tourist visa are available from Laos, and i believe can be done twice, both entries to be made before the expiry date of the visa, which i believe is 3 months from issue date.

plenty of threads on here will help you, do a search here i have started it for you with the search term ' double entry' - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=1f277bbe1163149b77fbee998941c4e3&app=googlecse#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=double%20entry

Edited by steve187

1. Yes

2. Yes. You have the choice of single or double entry.

3. Yes. No problem.

There is no limit to the number of tourist visas someone can have. Some Embassies/Consulates may limit the number they will issue to someone without proof of income. Thats typically 3 or 4 and only to satisfy that you can fund your stay and therefore have no need to work.

• Like 1

I work overseas doing 2 month on 1 month off roster. I never had a problem returning to Thailand on a tourist visa until now. Depending on which immigration officer you meet at your re entry it may be a problem. I have been told that I will be denied entry unless I have organise a visa before arrival. Working in West africa the closest Thai embassy is about 2000kms away.Looks like they are going to lose another quality tourist?

I work overseas doing 2 month on 1 month off roster. I never had a problem returning to Thailand on a tourist visa until now. Depending on which immigration officer you meet at your re entry it may be a problem. I have been told that I will be denied entry unless I have organise a visa before arrival. Working in West africa the closest Thai embassy is about 2000kms away.Looks like they are going to lose another quality tourist

Sounds like you are not entering on a tourist visa but rather a visa exempt.

I work overseas doing 2 month on 1 month off roster. I never had a problem returning to Thailand on a tourist visa until now. Depending on which immigration officer you meet at your re entry it may be a problem. I have been told that I will be denied entry unless I have organise a visa before arrival. Working in West africa the closest Thai embassy is about 2000kms away.Looks like they are going to lose another quality tourist?

It would seem you have been arriving in Thailand without a visa asking for "visa exempt " 30 day entries (these are not tourist visas )

Immigration has a "red flag" system which requires officers to inquire of those who make frequent use of "visa exempt" what they are doing.

There is no mandated limit on "visa exempt" entries and Immigration has very few grounds for refusing entry. if you intend to continue using 30 day entries you should ensure you can demonstrate a) Possession of 20,000 Bht cash B ) Evidence of a flight out c) Evidence of being employed outside Thailand.

If you are married to a Thai a one year multiple entry visa can be obtained from Savannakhet

Edited by nowretired
  • Like 1