Probe of Bangkok bombing recalls bad reputation of police

webfact

He also noted that Thai police have the advantage of having in Bangkok one of the four International Law Enforcement Academies established worldwide in cooperation with the U.S. State Department to train law enforcement personnel, and whose curriculum this year started off with a "Post Blast Investigations Course."

How perfect! ...and did anyone relevant attend the course, or did they send some traffic cops? Was the course held in Thai language, and did whoever attended understand the material? The officers who attended the course, were they part of the bomb investigation and were they able to apply what they learned?

...just asking what Grant Peck should have asked

I'm guessing it may have been one of those courses where everybody passes, regardless of test score.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Truly unbelievable.

I was in Pattaya when the thing went off, and watching TV about a week later there was a BBC TV Crew that had been scouring the gardens approx 50- 100 meters from the blast. They found quite a bit of shrapnel. They filmed themselves trying to hand it over to the police in front of some large whiteish building. The 8-10 police that were standing around just said they were closed, and refused to take it. The reporter was gobsmacked.

Do any Thai authorities read these pages to see what the rest of the world thinks of them? Or do they really not care?

That was Jonathan Head using his job for his own political agenda. A fine example of British tabloid grubby journalism : I have no idea why the BBC keep him on.

http://www2.manager.co.th/mwebboard/listComment.aspx?Mbrowse=13&QNumber=393071

He has basically made an ass of himself to anyone who knows what they are talking about. Just as he did with his reports during the protests and his very selective wording to avoid actually letting people know who was doing all the killing.

'Peaceful protesters murdered in cold blood by pro-government agents throwing grenades' translated into 'Protests which turned violent'.

If it is true about this government stifling the investigation for the interests of tourism then that is absolutely appualing. I bet some of the sycophants will still be in here defending them though. I see that their biggest fan already has. I bet you think it was the 'reds' eh to don't you john? You'd of thought this government would pour all their reasources into proving that was the case. Just like they wantes to prove the din dao students were reds and supposedly had evidence of this....that they didn't actually have so had to release them.

Of course they terrifying prospect of them deliberately not wanting to admit their own failures is that this kind Of attack happens again. That will be on Prayuth's hands with no way to spin it.

Another attack will be on Payuth's hands ?. What are you talking about ?. That sounds an awful like what a terrorist or sympathiser would say.

Nothing to comment on the police incompetence though ?. Very interesting. I'm sure you know as well of the rest of us why they are called 'Tomatoes'.

I think we have your card marked. Any progress on the communist uprising you have been sputtering about ?. Are your red flags packed and ready ?.

Thai Police have a reputation to maintain -- and that they are doing.

Perhaps that reputation they have makes their everyday job easier in ways you wouldn't understand. When was the last time you argued a 200 baht fine? A good reputation can be different to different people.

1. Perhaps you missed my point.

2. I've never been fined.

Perhaps that reputation they have makes their everyday job easier in ways you wouldn't understand. When was the last time you argued a 200 baht fine? A good reputation can be different to different people.

2. Then you have either never been in Thailand or driven a motor vehicle.

If it is true about this government stifling the investigation for the interests of tourism then that is absolutely appualing. I bet some of the sycophants will still be in here defending them though. I see that their biggest fan already has. I bet you think it was the 'reds' eh to don't you john? You'd of thought this government would pour all their reasources into proving that was the case. Just like they wantes to prove the din dao students were reds and supposedly had evidence of this....that they didn't actually have so had to release them.

Of course they terrifying prospect of them deliberately not wanting to admit their own failures is that this kind Of attack happens again. That will be on Prayuth's hands with no way to spin it.

John already stated in no uncertain terms in another thread that the Reds did it. He even mentioned the 100 bombs the allegedly red, alleged bombers allegedly confessed were being planned to set off in the aftermath of the siam paragon bombing in March. Haven't heard any more about links to high-ranking reds although we were promised proof of ties. Whether John really believes any of what he says or is just trolling may be up in the air.

Muirton, you are wasting your talents on here with sarcasm! Quite a number of posters cannot fathom it!

Yes the Police have a shocking reputation and with good evidenece to boot..... There excuses never end and it seems if hteres not a buck in it there not interested

Truth is there a private company and there not setup to serve the public, Some may dispuite me although how many police do you see going out of there way to entice a good deed.

What needs to done is a real clean house and make them emplyed by the government not private contracters. Tell me this please. How is it a General owns millions and millions worth in property luxury cars and all the rest ?

Make up your own mind

Unfortunately Bangkok is very close to both Cambodia and Burma making it a simple task of going straight to the border and disappearing. You could be out of the country in 2 hours. Thats not the case with the Boston bombing.

Canada.

Yellow submarine.

+ 2 decoy subs.

The hunt for the Unabomber in the USA was the largest operation ever mounted by the FBI in history. That organisation had resources and expertise unmatched by any other investigative group on earth. It took them the best part of two decades to get virtually nowhere despite the fact there was a huge amount of evidence including even some sightings of the perpetrator. Ultimately, it was luck that trapped Ted Kaczynski when a soul searching brother finally put his misgivings aside and spoke of his concerns about the loner living in a cabin in Montana. I mention this as a foil to all the simpletons on here who think it is just a simple matter to wrap this case up in five minutes.

"The hunt for the Unabomber in the USA was the largest operation ever mounted by the FBI in history. That organisation had resources and expertise unmatched by any other investigative group on earth." Depends on how one defines "unmatched". The FBI's computer system at that time was slower than TAT's technology at that time. Pray allow that to sink in.

Truly unbelievable.

I was in Pattaya when the thing went off, and watching TV about a week later there was a BBC TV Crew that had been scouring the gardens approx 50- 100 meters from the blast. They found quite a bit of shrapnel. They filmed themselves trying to hand it over to the police in front of some large whiteish building. The 8-10 police that were standing around just said they were closed, and refused to take it. The reporter was gobsmacked.

Do any Thai authorities read these pages to see what the rest of the world thinks of them? Or do they really not care?

That was Jonathan Head using his job for his own political agenda. A fine example of British tabloid grubby journalism : I have no idea why the BBC keep him on.

http://www2.manager.co.th/mwebboard/listComment.aspx?Mbrowse=13&QNumber=393071

He has basically made an ass of himself to anyone who knows what they are talking about. Just as he did with his reports during the protests and his very selective wording to avoid actually letting people know who was doing all the killing.

'Peaceful protesters murdered in cold blood by pro-government agents throwing grenades' translated into 'Protests which turned violent'.

You bore us with your "Shoot The Messenger" routine. Mr. Head is operating under constraints which you refuse to recognize. And he is saying what you do not wish to hear. Why can't being a bore be a crime in the LOS when every day a new one is added?

2. Then you have either never been in Thailand or driven a motor vehicle.

You are correct as to 2. I let others drive so I can then close my eyes.

Another attack will be on Payuth's hands ?. What are you talking about ?. That sounds an awful like what a terrorist or sympathiser would say.

Nothing to comment on the police incompetence though ?. Very interesting. I'm sure you know as well of the rest of us why they are called 'Tomatoes'.

I think we have your card marked. Any progress on the communist uprising you have been sputtering about ?. Are your red flags packed and ready ?.

Yes he will of failed the people if another incident happens. How does pointing out the obvious in anyway show sympathy?

Police incompetence is a given here, however if their is an agenda being set then what more can they do? Just like Prayuth endorsing the investigation of the Koh Tao murders? Or do you actually believe those two Burmese boys did it?

I am no communist but you surely are a sneering fascist. Funny that you'd support such nationalism because you as a foreigner would be scrutinized straight away.

I'm curious, who do you think is behind these bombings? I am pretty sure I can guess what your answer will be.