Paper That Qualifies As 'proof Of Thai Citizenship'

My Thai sis is married to a Belgian guy and after living there for a few years now qualifies for a Belgian passport.

She says in the Gov office in Belgium they are asking for a 'proof of Thai citizenship' paper. She has shown them her Thai passport and her Thai birth certificate. They have said that this is not what they want and it is a 'paper' from the Thai government to prove shes a Thai citizen.

In her own words she says they dont really know what they are looking for but have looked in the rule book and are reading to her the checklist they want to see from the book. This is listed in the rule book but thats all they can tell her.

To be fair although she speaks good english her french is a learning process. This is french speaking Belgium and they may be trying to put obstacles in her way on purpose.

Anyone have any idea what this document could be ??

My Thai sis is married to a Belgian guy and after living there for a few years now qualifies for a Belgian passport.

She says in the Gov office in Belgium they are asking for a 'proof of Thai citizenship' paper. She has shown them her Thai passport and her Thai birth certificate. They have said that this is not what they want and it is a 'paper' from the Thai government to prove shes a Thai citizen.

In her own words she says they dont really know what they are looking for but have looked in the rule book and are reading to her the checklist they want to see from the book. This is listed in the rule book but thats all they can tell her.

To be fair although she speaks good english her french is a learning process. This is french speaking Belgium and they may be trying to put obstacles in her way on purpose.

could it be the Thai I.D. card ?

Tried ID card.. And yes it is an odd request..

The way she says it they were being difficult and said it had to be some 'paper' as that is how they have read it in thier little rule book at the local gov office..

Shown passport and birth cert.. They want something else but dont really seem to know what they want. Sounds to me like a small provincial office wanting to have a tick in a tickbox.

if you sister live realy in belgium the way is very simple !

if she want become Belgian nationality FIRST she must prove she is THAI ok ??

like every country in the world she can go Thai embassy in Brussels and apply for Nationaly certificate and show his passport and bird certificate !

after investigation for a few weeks the THAI EMBASSY delivery the document

welcome in Europe

if you sister live realy in belgium the way is very simple !

if she want become Belgian nationality FIRST she must prove she is THAI ok ??

like every country in the world she can go Thai embassy in Brussels and apply for Nationaly certificate and show his passport and bird certificate !

after investigation for a few weeks the THAI EMBASSY delivery the document

welcome in Europe

PS : she can apply for belgian citizen in FRENCH DUCHT and GERMAN the 3 national language

in Belgian but sorry not in english maybe she can try in england !!!!!

She could try the the Thai embassy to draft her a letter saying she is Thai.

She could get her house registration translated, which states the nationality of the person.

One thing to remember though, Belgium forbids dual nationality. So once she becomes a belgian national, she will probably be forced by the belgians to provide evidence that she has relinqished her Thai nationality.

I think that what Samran stated is correct. Your sister should go to the Thai Embassy or Consulate for them to draft a letter certifying that she is a Thai citizen and they do this by verifying her passport is indeed genuine.

When I was in Thailand, I had to do something just to open a savings account. Bangkok Bank has no authority or experience to validate my identity using my US Passport. They asked me to have the US Embassy do this (and to return with a letter).

I'm sure it is something similar in Belgium.