My awful AIS fibre optic broadband experience

ollienglish

Sounded way to good to be true.

So I booked an engineer through their website to come on the 26th August between 10 and 12pm but nobody showed. I waited until 12:30 before I rang. All numbers said "Sorry all of our agents are currently busy please leave your number and an agent will get back to you within the next hour" I left my mobile number for them to get back to me, but 2 hours later nobody still returned my call.

2:30pm came and I called again and got through to someone who asked for my details which I passed on. They said an engineer will call me back within the next hour so I waited again for another 1hr without anyone calling me back.

3:30am came so I rang again to find out what is going on. They said that they would speak to an engineer and call me back as a matter of urgency as I still had no internet at my condo. I waited again for another hour and now it's almost 5pm without anyone calling me back.

17:00 still nothing. Sorry but this service is an absolute joke and I just wanted to give those a heads up before they decide to commit and sign up with them. I knew it sounded to good to be true but this is just plain abysmal.

Anyone else had any awful experienced with them?

All the ISPs have their detractors.

Some people slag True Online down to the ground but my experience with them over the last 5 years at my place in Asoke has been highly satisfactory.

50Mbps Ultra Hi Speed line is absolutely bulletproof and it's up 99.5% of the time - it's always fast and their customer service is very efficient

So I booked an engineer through their website to come on the 26th August between 10 and 12pm but nobody showed.

<...>

17:00 still nothing. Sorry but this service is an absolute joke and I just wanted to give those a heads up before they decide to commit and sign up with them. I knew it sounded to good to be true but this is just plain abysmal.

What "Awful AIS fibre optic broadband experience" are you talking about.

You're having problems/experience with AIS 'scheduling', not the 'Fiber Optic broadband service'.

While some people have reported getting someone from their ISP out the next day, some of us have had to wait a wee bit longer. The 'office' doesn't always know when the technicians actually have time in their schedule to look at new projects. Sometimes you're just lucky, sometimes they blow you off (not in a happy ending way), and sometimes you're very unlucky and they talk you into subscribing to a service they don't even provide in your area.

This is the experience of living in Thailand.

If you really want the service then you'll ask again. If not, Mai Pen Rai.

More ThaiVisa full-on AIS fiber 'experiences'...

Started by davevi, 2015-08-16 13:11 -- 33 replies

I always find the engineers/technicians when they're out nearby on a job and ask them directly. I give them my mobile numbers and they give me a call when there's time in their schedule. Once the install is underway they usually give me their mobile number in case there's any issues afterward.

Scheduling to get new screen doors installed, on the other hand... now there's an awful experience.

TOT turned up at our house a week late after 'forgetting' about us

The TOT technition then told me I had to buy 2 of his modems for 4500 bhat each not use my own and possibly pay for cables at his convenience... by this time I had stopped listening and said it was ok..... I gave up but might have another try soon never know I might strike gold and speak to someone who gives a ****, standard service with some companies over here but then so many companies here offer really good customer support... laugh it off

Some people slag True Online down to the ground but my experience with them over the last 5 years at my place in Asoke has been highly satisfactory.

50Mbps Ultra Hi Speed line is absolutely bulletproof and it's up 99.5% of the time - it's always fast and their customer service is very efficient

Yes I have True too and their hi speed figures are BS, engineer test 10mb real test 200kb WIMAX

We had a very easy time getting it installed. Four "techs" showed up. I guess they were new, as there was so many...and it did seem to drag on a bit. We did the installation at my wife's small restaurant. One of the workers came by again and offered a discounted price (for four months) of 350 baht....for cable/internet/android box..for our home. He even stopped over to the house to get the layout. I expect them at 10 am...and will let you know how the service worked out. Once installed, we will cancel truevision..which is really lacking features, and costs more than 800 a month. Both services seem to be about equal for internet speed, however. (AIS fibre is a bit slower for the cable channel loading at first startup). Bought a new sony 48 inch screen to enjoy it all.

The best thing you can do is befriend the "sales manager", who comes out with the techs. If you call AIS, you will get the serious run around. They have this procedure..and checklist...which is fair enough. I knew I had screwed up the router page. There is a id and password you cannot change (the first one you see after you log in to the router page)....and then there is the actual default login for the router change ...that you should change. (admin). I changed both...and my system shut down. I tried to get my wife to explain on the phone..in Thai...what I did. We still had to go through a checklist of trial and error..and then wait for a tech to schedule a visit. Now we have a point of contact, who we call directly (no low level phone ritual to check if it is plugged in or not.

After all this, I can say...I am pretty satisfied. The android box has a usb connector...so I use a remote keyboard/touchpad combo pad by Logitech...instead of the remote control. Can use the browser and can download android apps. 4 gigabytes of space. So it is like a free computer thrown in...sort of.

Edited by slipperylobster

Unless its raining, after 2000 hrs or a weekend!

True work bankers hours!

I signed with T O T to get fibre and cancel the copper connection. Paid about 2000 baht for modem. They came the next day, hooked everything up and what a difference. To make it even faster I came accross a free add on that stops trackers . No more waiting for "double click"..and all those annoying sites that anylize all your movements. Seldom wait more than 5 seconds to connect anywhere in world. We live in close proximity to Airport Plaza. No complaints. And same price per month as copper that never worked properly.

I had true come to my condo for Internet hook up , they looked at the job and said they had to go and get some materials for the job, when they never came back I called them and they said the condo owner would not allow them to install. So both the condo owner and I called them again , works out they were too lazy to do the job looked to hard for them. Two days later a second team turned up looked at the job and said we come back tomorrow ok? I said no you do now and had the condo manager speak to them in Thai to explain what hat happened two days earlier. After hesitation they ended up doing the job only took them an hour, just lazy as , they just pick & choose the jobs they want.

Yes, I hated my TOT "service" and have been virtually problem-free since changing to 3BB, but there are people who feel the exact opposite.

Anyway waiting for service personnel to arrive or waiting on hold to talk to a service rep are common fodder for comedy in the US. I've found that sort of thing much better here. Usually delivery or service people arrive within a reasonable proximity to when they were expected here.

on-hold.jpeg

Edited by Suradit69

They came over today and installed. They were very apologetic. I kicked up a big fuss on their twitter and FB page which they obviously didn't like. Anyone has problems in the future my advice is to let them know on their social networking sites where everyone can see what is going on. Companies seem to hate this and fix things immediately!

Yes I have True too and their hi speed figures are BS, engineer test 10mb real test 200kb WIMAX

Ah ok then - I must be lying then

I guess I DIDN'T max out my BT download last night, then

Power%20S02_zps4oy2tfkd.jpg

What is it with these internet companies? I had 3BB broadband installed 17 days ago. It has actually functioned for an aggregate of about 4 of those days, not at all in the past 4 days. I call them every day. Every day a charming Call Centre lady assures me that an engineer will call me and come out. Nothing happens. Under the circumstances, it's hardly surprising that they make you pay a year in advance. Satisfaction not guaranteed!

sounds like you want everyone to jump at your beck and core ...

would you get internet back in the UK for the same price ? would an engineer in the UK come out exactly when you want ?

hmmmmm ..... I didn't think so .....coffee1.gif

This is Thailand ... not the UK.

Those who are criticising. Let me make a point.

I booked an engineer to come out on a day and a time that was available.

What is the point of having a booking form if the company doesn't even acknowledge it? Very unprofessional.

Yes this is Thailand, but at the end of the day these companies want to be seen as well respected and offer the best customer service they can.

This does not happen in the UK. You book an engineer on a certain date and time he will turn up. My past experience with Virgin media in the UK has been extremely positive. They obviously felt bad about what they did and rectified the situation as soon as possible, so for those who say they don't give a crap, this is not true! As soon as I kicked up a fuss they changed their attitude completely. Social media can really hurt these companies and can damage their reputation.

I don't expect or want anyone to be at my beck and call, but when I make a booking with a professional company who I am going to pay on a montly basis and sign a contract with I expect a good service in return. End of!

Those who are criticising. Let me make a point.

I booked an engineer to come out on a day and a time that was available.

What is the point of having a booking form if the company doesn't even acknowledge it? Very unprofessional.

Yes this is Thailand, but at the end of the day these companies want to be seen as well respected and offer the best customer service they can.

This does not happen in the UK. You book an engineer on a certain date and time he will turn up. My past experience with Virgin media in the UK has been extremely positive. They obviously felt bad about what they did and rectified the situation as soon as possible, so for those who say they don't give a crap, this is not true! As soon as I kicked up a fuss they changed their attitude completely. Social media can really hurt these companies and can damage their reputation.

I don't expect or want anyone to be at my beck and call, but when I make a booking with a professional company who I am going to pay on a montly basis and sign a contract with I expect a good service in return. End of!

You can't compare Thailand to England.

How could you expect same quality of service when they don't even care about traffic or queques in restaturants?

Ever heard mai pen rai?

You just landed right ? Who expect that anybody will show on time here ?

Still don't know that Thai cannot say NO ?

Now you know !

Ah yes I read again and you just landed, so you will soon learn that NO COMPANY care your problem here and nobody relies on good feedback because they have more customers than enough and prefer grumpy people not to use their service !

Yes this is Thailand and you will learn it the hard way !

Edited by thailandforumaddict

I am not comparing at all. End of the day companies like these rely on good feedback so more people will join. I am overall happy now and the internet is quick and reliable. Maybe I was lucky? Who knows!

You're lucky enough to get AIS fibernet with high upload speeds and you're still complaining.

TOT turned up at our house a week late after 'forgetting' about us

The TOT technition then told me I had to buy 2 of his modems for 4500 bhat each not use my own and possibly pay for cables at his convenience... by this time I had stopped listening and said it was ok..... I gave up but might have another try soon never know I might strike gold and speak to someone who gives a ****, standard service with some companies over here but then so many companies here offer really good customer support... laugh it off

If you want to find a TOT tech, you should go to the noodle shop in my village, they seem to meet there and spend a few hours frequently.