THINGS! Things I think, I see, I reflect upon

fang37

I have a broken leg=confined to a wheelchair. So, I do a lot of nothing.

Things I see - birds chirping, leaves moving with the breeze, rain, sun

Things I think - one day I will die. Will anyone care? Will I get better soon? To be able to walk, go to the restroom, shower independently. You miss a lot when incapacitated.

BUT, it also gives you the opportunity to see things from a different perspective.

I reflect about my younger days - school, early romance, sport, making $$$.

Now, nothing much really matters.

I don't know how old or heavy you are, but why are you confined to a wheelchair with 1 broken leg?

If there is no medical reason (and if there is one, question it, if it is really necessary or if the doc just meant it to have it easier for you).

If you can leave the wheelchair by using the other leg, do it. As longer as you sit as weaker you get.

I don't know how old or heavy you are, but why are you confined to a wheelchair with 1 broken leg?

If there is no medical reason (and if there is one, question it, if it is really necessary or if the doc just meant it to have it easier for you).

If you can leave the wheelchair by using the other leg, do it. As longer as you sit as weaker you get.

ONLY one broken leg. It has cost me B350k! Plenty of rehab. I am still in constant pain & it is a challenge just getting out of bed. The doc is not making it easy - just the opposite.

I thought that this thread was focused upon thinking, reflections etc.

But, if Sheryl says it is OK, it must be OK to focus on a broken leg.

Well, isn't it better to reflect on fast recovery, than reflect on past time and get depressed?

ONLY one broken leg. It has cost me B350k! Plenty of rehab. I am still in constant pain & it is a challenge just getting out of bed. The doc is not making it easy - just the opposite.

Well you are a lucky man to have had 350K to spend on rehab

You are not focusing on the positive

You can vanish into self pity or face reality, be grateful and recover

Good luck sad story

How the f is it possible to spend 350k on a broken leg?

They saw you coming.

How many hours on the operating table (figure 10k/hr inclusive)

Then the rest is just waiting ......... then 200bht to take the cast off.

Meds, tramadol is 40bht for 10, 2 a day for the first week or so.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Why the obsession with the broken leg? It was a mere introduction.

OK, hit by a pickup in Fang. Ambulanced to the local hospital=too difficult.

Ambulanced to CNX @ NIGHT. Options at that time - few.

I had been using RAM for 11 years.

A plate was inserted into the leg - no plaster cask.

Estimated recovery time - 4-6 months.

I get out of bed into a wheelchair unaided.

Walking on a walker - humongous pain. I will suffer the pain as long as it takes.

Yes, about B350k. I did object to the bill - it was reduced by B10k. I guess that fellow members get a fixed quote prior to treatment. I was unconscious.

Time in hospital? About 10-15 days.

Thank you to all the medical gurus on this thread.

So, all you think about is minor/insignificant aspects of a thread?

They saw you coming.

Broken leg is very general. Compound fracture, traction, simple fracture, femur, fibula, tibia? I was confined to a wheelchair for sometime following leg surgery so I know it happens. Good luck with it!

They saw you coming.

Having a Farang customer is always second best to a Lottery win.....

They saw you coming.

Taking cast of (leg or arm) I usually do myself...it is quick and easy, unless the hair is in the cast....than it is slow and painful.....so better shave before you brake your bones.....

Sorry for your situation, how long have you been like this. It can take up to a year for a serious fracture to heal properly. Having a good mental attitude is a big help but its difficult.

To put things into perspective, I have a good friend who was one of the most active sporty people I know. Then in her late twenties she got a mystery illness involving the nerves in her spine. Within 4 days of the onset of the illness she was paralysed from the waist down. That was about 20 years ago and she is still in that damn wheelchair. Despite that, she has a successful career, lots of friends, social life etc. I admire her greatly but I know she has her down days too but she never complains.

Any day I am feeling slightly down I think of her, I don't think I am half as strong as she is, so bl--dy good job I'm not in that position but she puts everyone else in perspective.

I know she would give multiples of of your medical bill to walk again but she would never say so.

Life sucks sometimes but we only get one try at it, so just have to make the best of it.

In some ways, this confinement has been an asset.

It enables one to have empathy with those who have such for life.

Depending upon others for the basics is a huge challenge but I have no choice.

But, it will come to an end. It takes as long as it takes.

CMsally that is a great post, thanks for sharing! Sorry bout your leg fang but

it could be much much worse. You will recover it's just time so use it wisely!

I am more grateful with each passing year as so many have so much to suffer

through. Every day is precious!

With introspection, I have found over the years that it has to be tempered. I use it creatively where possible. It is difficult to draw a line between introspection and depression. It's a shadow area for most people and we mainly react by changing the subject, urging people to focus on the positive, and getting on with it, etc!

But I think people are at least partly right to enquire about the medical condition itself. My guess is rehab have overdomne it and you are knackered.

Thank you medical gurus.

This has been a very enjoyable thread (for you).

You posted this thread in the health forum and its opening sentence referred to a broken leg. Naturally, the medical situation is what got attention.

If you want to have a thread focused on general musings and the like, the General forum would be more appropriate.

Thank you medical gurus.

This has been a very enjoyable thread (for you).

You posted this thread in the health forum and its opening sentence referred to a broken leg. Naturally, the medical situation is what got attention.

If you want to have a thread focused on general musings and the like, the General forum would be more appropriate.

You mean this ?