To what Islands can one bring the bike?

12Gon

Hi!

Planning to drive around a bit in the country and thought that this topic must interest others too, so I will not only ask about the island that I plan to go to but rather about every island.

Which island can I bring the bike to by ferry easily?

I know Koh Chang in Trat you just pay around an extra 100 Bath and bring it over.

Koh Samui is also easy, just put it on the normal ferry don't know how much extra one has to pay though.

But what about the others? I guess it is possible to bring the bike to many places but with a lot of hassle and extraordinary expenses. Please share our knowledge guys.

How would one bring a bike to Koh Samet?

Koh Maak?

Koh kood?

Koh Phangan?

Koh Tao?

Koh Chang in Ranong?

Koh si Chang?

Koh Lanta?

ETC.

Good post .. There are some islands in the south I haven't been to as I'm never sure of parking on the mainland.

I will add,

Ko lanta, Krabi - You just pay to use the two RORO ferries, 36b or more ( for one bike and rider ) - but 18b if you can argue your case in Thai with the ticket seller, or just keep the dark visor down and offer a 20b note ;)

Not a great deal of riding to be done on the island, but altogether a more enjoyable experience than waiting for minivans and relying on Taxis.

Edited by recom273

Lanta: Take 2 ferries, 1 hour time, 40 Baht

Ko Tao & Phangan: Simple as Samui

About the others, I don't know. But as long as there are cars on the island, there will be a ferry. Though this western logic must not necessarily apply to Thailand :)

About the others, I don't know. But as long as there are cars on the island, there will be a ferry. Though this western logic must not necessarily apply to Thailand smile.png

"Though this western logic must not necessarily apply to Thailand "

"Western logic" appears to be an oxymoron. Possibly you meant western arrogance or a muddled xenophobic confusion when out of one's depth.

I don't have much to offer in terms of answers, been to the biggest 4 Islands and only liked Kho Chaing of those, but I am interested in going to the others.

How about adding biking/road conditions on the islands you have visited, no point in crossing with my bike if the roads are sand and I need an off road bike.

Good post .. There are some islands in the south I haven't been to as I'm never sure of parking on the mainland.

I will add,

Ko lanta, Krabi - You just pay to use the two RORO ferries, 36b or more ( for one bike and rider ) - but 18b if you can argue your case in Thai with the ticket seller, or just keep the dark visor down and offer a 20b note wink.png

Not a great deal of riding to be done on the island, but altogether a more enjoyable experience than waiting for minivans and relying on Taxis.

I visited a lot of islands with my car, (Koh Samui, Koh Lanta, Koh Chang, Penang, and a lot more...) and just like you I could not go to some other islands because I was never shure about lewaving my car in safty on the mainland....!!!..I wanted to go to Langkawi....but the parking were would leave my car was not secure.!!

Best regards.

About the others, I don't know. But as long as there are cars on the island, there will be a ferry. Though this western logic must not necessarily apply to Thailand smile.png

"Though this western logic must not necessarily apply to Thailand "

"Western logic" appears to be an oxymoron. Possibly you meant western arrogance or a muddled xenophobic confusion when out of one's depth.

There are some islands with cars but no ferry,....exept once a week or month....just like some remote islands in Europe....! if they want to bring one or several cars on the Island they hire a boat...

Hi!

Planning to drive around a bit in the country and thought that this topic must interest others too, so I will not only ask about the island that I plan to go to but rather about every island.

Which island can I bring the bike to by ferry easily?

I know Koh Chang in Trat you just pay around an extra 100 Bath and bring it over.

Koh Samui is also easy, just put it on the normal ferry don't know how much extra one has to pay though.

But what about the others? I guess it is possible to bring the bike to many places but with a lot of hassle and extraordinary expenses. Please share our knowledge guys.

How would one bring a bike to Koh Samet?

Koh Maak?

Koh kood?

Koh Phangan?

Koh Tao?

Koh Chang in Ranong?

Koh si Chang?

Koh Lanta?

ETC.

Avoid koh Tao like the plague. Dark Tao has a serial killer on the loose. He seems to prey on foreigners. It is a horrific place. Run by mob families who are above the law.