Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Hounded online and off, man commits suicide over Bangkok bombing claim

webfact

Tragic, but I have to think that this young man had more problems than just a bullying facebook post.

Yes, such as this from the article:

"They believe he took his life after becoming distraught over the chorus of condemnation he received for the message, including death threats and intimidation that carried over into the physical world.

His aunt Usa Meemang said Kittisak said he received “many” death threats via Facebook before deleting his account.

Two men on a motorcycle stopped Kittisak while he was going to work at around 9am yesterday and punched him before driving away, she said, adding that he filed a police complaint and then chose to stay home from work."

Tragic, but I have to think that this young man had more problems than just a bullying facebook post.

Small clue maybe. 36 years old going to internet cafe to use Facebook, "forgets to log off" and somebody else goes on his account and for some reason starts admitting to "responsibility for being the bomber". What would make anyone think that's indicative of a troubled minds?

Still, let's hope the obvious isn't being completely overlooked.

If he really did it then why the police stopped and checked me several times today? They are everywhere along the roads with a paper full of pictures of the bomber.

I didn't test it but what if i wouldn't stop for them and just pulled up again? right, nothing at all, they even can't get me on their crappy bikes.

The manhunt is still going on which is very good of course.

Not stopping for police/army will get you shot,hero.

He received death threats, and now he is dead!! Police, as usual, are sure it is suicide??

Agree but RTP just dont care, they want to avoid Work at all cost ... unless there is Money in it of course

This is rubbish of course.Police have done more than their job for me in a skim scam.Soi 9 in Patts of all places.

If anybody bothers reading the article from Khaosod, he says he was in an car accident and suffered from some "brain damage". So that may be on of the reasons that lead him to suicide as he can't cope with the pressure and threats he is receiving.

so now we see the need to sign off from the pages we use this man was hounded by an online prat for want of a better term , people who commit this sort of crime should be dealt with in the same manner nasty.

It seems weird to me that he's in his early 30's, he has a job, he still goes to an Internet Cafe to check Facebook etc

They're are low end smartphones for 850thb thesedays and its surprising a working man in his 30's doesn't have one

I don't know if I have seen people older than 15 use Internet cafes in the past few years....

RIP

Unfortunately conspiracy theorists on this forum will love this story and use it for what it's worth .

"This is the real bomber , And RTP just arrested some scapegoats".

Edited by balo