Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

2. 173

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

3. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

4. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

5. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

6. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

7. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

8. 25

9. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

10. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

11. 1

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

12. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

13. 25

Most Thai men drink: Survey

webfact

And just where did this survey come from? I have never seen it change in time, But then some people do not live in the villages, and see what really goes on.... But then, some are so pure, just for what?

Just a thought.... There are some things that one can not make up...... So go figure? smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Where do they get the money to get drunk ? Alcohol is expensive in Thailand ( except maybe some cheap thai whiskey that tastes awful).

But when they buy a cheap classy bottle of scotch (if you can call it that) between 5 - 10 people for 200/300 Baht then pour half a cap in a glass full of soda and ice, you can see how it`s not so expensive. What you can work out is why they get so pissed on it!

As for the `lao kao`, that`s even cheaper.

Edited by lostmebike

Damn. I composed a lengthy, thoughtful, and socially relavent reply, only to get "This page cannot be displayed" when hitting the "post" button, and comment bye-bye.

I will just say that I have a low opinion of those commenters who display a low and insulting opinion of all Thai women. Grow up, boys.
Drink is a problem in just about every nation where it is not forbidden, and even in many of those. It does seem to be prevalent in LOS.
There, my two cents.

Most Thai men drink...but expats do not ! cheesy.gif

Yes, but we are on vacation with cash from having a job. Or retired and worked for 50 years and a pension which seems to build more homes and businesses in Thailand then an average Thai. But who wants another cell phone shop or beauty shop? Who has built restaurants, resorts in a modern design? , not the 20-50 year old Thai hanging out all day drinking. This is not Woodstock mentally.

Of the 10 men that live on my soi, I drink....and I've seen 2 others (father and 20-something son) crack a bottle once, and they retired early. One other chap...approaching 40, has shared a few beers with me on a couple of occasions. I've never seen a drunk Thai.

What Thai women call "heavy drinking" may not be what we think of "heavy drinking".

Look I don't know where you live---BUT you have never seen a drunk Thai Sounds like you live in a temple, but then it still cannot be true. Up to them but most do not know when to stop---AND the women, compared to English married ladies these Thai women can't half knock em back, especially if someone else pays or they are gambling.

Probably why they like farangs... Compared to alcoholics abusive Thai men who "force" them to have sex ...although not much force is usually needed.. Lol smile.png

and you would know that how? It not a funny subject being raped by a drunk no matter what country you come from and shows how little respect you have for Thai women, plenty of whom are abused by drunken expats.

I know from being a farang that Thai women like to have sex and violence or force is not necessary...

If you need to violently "force" a Thai woman to have sex you're doing it all wrong... smile.png

Sorry but what the hay do you think "I know from being a faring..." means? What it actually means is that statistically you have a very unusual and narrow perspective on the matter since most or all of the Thai women you've had sex with are in the game one way or the other (pay me now or pay me later). So unless you're an outlier---have lived in Thailand a while, speak Thai, have a job or employ yourself, and aren't a sex monger.....