We need help.

My partner and me need a 60 day multiple entry visa for Thailand. We are in Nepal at the moment, so we tried to apply for the visa at the Thai embassy. Unfortunately they told us we can only get a 30 day visa single entry (for my Australian partner) and a 60 day single entry visa for me (German).

So that's what we have now. We leave on Monday so there is no way to apply for another one while we are here.

Could anyone tell us how our best chances are to get the visa we need? We did some research and are confused.

Should we apply for a new visa upon arrival, try and change ours on arrival or try and change it at an immigration office inside the country? Etc.

Thank you very much for your help :)

You will both receive 30 day visa exempt entries if you arrive without visas. The visa exempt entries can be extended for a further 30 days at an immigration office for a of fee of 1900 Bht.

There are no 30 day visas so what exactly does the Aussie person have ?

A 60 day tourist visa can be extended at an immigration office for 30 days ......1900Bbht.

You cannot obtain visas in Thailand you would need to travel to a nearby country to apply for a visa.

Again NOWRETIRED spot on. Fly in on visa exempt. Then consider options. You could leave Thailand and get tourist visas with multiple entry. Bit surprised your Aussie gf can not obtain this where you are. In any event not knowing how long you wish to remain in los.. You could visit nice neighbouring countries and enter on visa exempt. They can be extended.

He has a 45 day tourist visa (so 30 days taht he can extend to 45), I have 60 days single entry, we want to stay two times 90 days (so extend lateron with a border run - which you can apparently only do with a multiple entry one). Is there a way we can still get the 60 days multiple entry. Visa even though thy gave us another one? Or if we would arrive without a visa (in case our application here gets declined?)

Unfortunately the people here at the embassy are not very helpful..

Anyway just given our recent situation, what is our best chance to do, to be able to stay in Thailand for two times 90 days? :)

He has a 45 day tourist visa (so 30 days taht he can extend to 45), I have 60 days single entry, we want to stay two times 90 days (so extend lateron with a border run - which you can apparently only do with a multiple entry one). Is there a way we can still get the 60 days multiple entry. Visa even though thy gave us another one? Or if we would arrive without a visa (in case our application here gets declined?)

Unfortunately the people here at the embassy are not very helpful..

Anyway just given our recent situation, what is our best chance to do, to be able to stay in Thailand for two times 90 days? smile.png

There are no 45 day tourist visas !

Read my post again !

Well thats what they told us at the embassy.

Regardless that, if we have the wrong visa, or no visa can we still get the 60 day multiple entry visa (to be able to come there for that time twice) in the country/at the airport or do we need to leave Thailand again for it?

Who can we ask and what should we tell them at the airport?

If you both actually have visas in your passport, it would help if you posted pictures. Normally, tourist visas only have number of entries, in your case "S" meaning 1 and a "must enter by" date on them which determines how long the visa is valid for entry, not any time for permission to stay. The visa is only a ticket to enter Thailand, the length of sty is determined by immigration when you enter. You should both get 60 days permission to stay when you enter which can be extended for 30 days more at immigration. You will then have to leave the country and obtain another visa in a neighbouring country, Laos is easy. You can not get another visa in Thailand legally..

Well thats what they told us at the embassy.

Regardless that, if we have the wrong visa, or no visa can we still get the 60 day multiple entry visa (to be able to come there for that time twice) in the country/at the airport or do we need to leave Thailand again for it?

Who can we ask and what should we tell them at the airport?

What they told you at the embassy is irrelevant at this point. What is written on the visas in your passports is what matters now.

You apparently have a tourist visa valid for one entry I to Thailand within three months from its date of issue. On arrival in Thailand, you will be given permission to stay for 60 days and you will have the option to apply at your local immigration office for a 30-day extension of stay.

It is not clear what your partner has and it would help if you posted what is written on its visa. What is the visa category? What is the "Enter before" date?l

Micheline, post photos of your visa s and entry by dates on this forum.

You cannot get another visa in Thailand, you have to leave to Laos, for example, easy.

Don't change your plans, just come, and sort the rest out while you are here.

• Like 1

@jacksam.

I dont understand :(

He has 60days his Australian G/F has 30 days. They want to be able to stay in Thailand for 90 days. He wants to know from the experts HA HA on Thai visa forum what are his best options to do to get 90 days each. Quite plain to understand if you read him correctly.

Hello,

You can go to the immigration office and pay 1,900B to extend your 60-day tourist visa

for 30 days and stay in Thailand for a total of 90 days.

Your Aussie partner has to leave Thailand once, though. She can go to Vientiane or

Savannakhet in Laos to apply for a 60-day tourist visa before her 30-day tourist visa

expires. She can get only 15 days if she does a border run because she's not from a

G-7 country, I'm afraid. Also I wonder if she can extend her 30-day visa for 30 days,

leave the country and then come back here on a visa-exempt stamp.

I can see no point in buying a 30-day tourist visa because she can get a visa-exempt

stamp if she arrives in Thailand by air that allows her to stay here for 30 days (for free).

Edited by Too

Hello,

You can go to the immigration office and pay 1,900B to extend your 60-day tourist visa

for 30 days and stay in Thailand for a total of 90 days.

Your Aussie partner has to leave Thailand once, though. She can go to Vientiane or

Savannakhet in Laos to apply for a 60-day tourist visa before her 30-day tourist visa

expires. She can get only 15 days if she does a border run because she' not from a

G-7 country, I'm afraid. Also I wonder if she can extend her 30-day visa for 30 days,

leave the country and then come back here on a visa-exempt stamp.

I can see no point in buying a 30-day tourist visa because she can get a visa-exempt

stamp if she arrives in Thailand by air that allows her to stay here for 30 days (for free).

There are no 30 day tourist visas which can be bought !

If the thread had been read and understood you would have appreciated the fact that several TV members are attempting to understand exactly what this couple have in their passports.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, my partners application got denied and I got 60 days. We are now planning on getting him 30 days at arrival, extend that for another 30 days at immigration office and then take a bus to Laos, to both get 60 ays multiple entry, which we will then extend. That means we have to leave the country twice but therefore we can stay 6 months. I hope we got it all right now.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, my partners application got denied and I got 60 days. We are now planning on getting him 30 days at arrival, extend that for another 30 days at immigration office and then take a bus to Laos, to both get 60 ays multiple entry, which we will then extend. That means we have to leave the country twice but therefore we can stay 6 months. I hope we got it all right now.

Just as a matter of interest what reason was given for denying a visa to your Australian partner ?

Applications for tourist visas are very rarely declined and then only for very good reason.

There is no "multiple entry" tourist visa!

The best you can apply for is a double (two entry) visa

Edited by nowretired

Micheline: Check your math. Thirty day visa-exempt entry plus 30 day extension = 60 days. Then 60 day tourist visa extended for 30 days = 90 days. 90 days + 60 days = 150 days ( five months.) If you want to stay for six months, you'll have to go out for another tourst visa. The economical way would be to go out near the end of your first 60-day and get another 60-day tourist visa. That way you would only need to extend once - at the end of your 30-day visa exempt stay. Good luck.

Hello nowretired,

I have never ever heard of a 30-day tourist visa, but this is what the OP said,

so I just thought that the Thai Embassy in Nepal might issue one. I have no

idea.

Edited by Too

Thanks everyone, my partners application got denied and I got 60 days. We are now planning on getting him 30 days at arrival, extend that for another 30 days at immigration office and then take a bus to Laos, to both get 60 days multiple entry, which we will then extend. That means we have to leave the country twice but therefore we can stay 6 months. I hope we got it all right now.

Sorry to hear that your partner's application got denied.

Your partner will have to make a visa run twice to stay

in Thailand for a total of 6 months, as DogNo1 said.

I hope everything is going well with you all.

Edited by Too

Your idea on partner coming in on 30day exempt & then extending 30 days seems good as then you can both go together to laos to obtain double entry tourist visas, savannakhet laos is the easiest one, very good threads on the forum to make it fool proof, also I would advise you do some research on the tourist visas so you understand the terminology, what they are, how they work & what extensions can be done to them should it be needed .

thread below has some good info on savannakhet & my post includes download links for lao visa form & consulate application form. process is super easy with research & planning .

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697299-worry-free-non-o-visa-savannakhet/page-10

Edited by BuckBee
  • Like 2

@jacksam.

I dont understand sad.png

He has 60days his Australian G/F has 30 days. They want to be able to stay in Thailand for 90 days. He wants to know from the experts HA HA on Thai visa forum what are his best options to do to get 90 days each. Quite plain to understand if you read him correctly.

Your comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. He is a SHE and her Australian partner is a HE.

The person with a tourist visa enters with that visa and gets a 60 day permission to stay stamp, the other person enters on a visa exempt entry, gets a 30 days permission to stay stamp.

in the last week of this 30 day stamp go to local immigration office within Thailand and pay 1,900 baht for a 30 day extension, now giving you equal permission to stay stamps.

on this expiry date leave and go to Laos and obtain a double entry tourist visa each, giving you 2 x 60 day entries ( a border run would be required for the 2nd )

either of this entries could be extended if required ( 1,900 baht ) make sure both entries are made before the use by/ expiry date of the actual visa which should be 3 months from issue date.

have a good trip.