Norwegian overstays 86 days

Rimmer

As a Norwegian I am ashamed but it happens to all nationalities . The Norwegian welfare system wll help him financially once he arrives back home, don'tworry about that. Unfortunately guys like him probably live their whole lifes without a proper job and just spend any money they get on booze and cheap women.

Wow! How do I become a Norwegian?

Im sure it wont be as easy as asking to be deported home will it?

Wont he have to stay in Immigraton cells until somebody pays the flight money and probably overstay fine?

yumpin yemmeny no plane tik for svenn .

As a Norwegian I am ashamed but it happens to all nationalities . The Norwegian welfare system wll help him financially once he arrives back home, don'tworry about that. Unfortunately guys like him probably live their whole lifes without a proper job and just spend any money they get on booze and cheap women.

Just a guess.....have the operation....remove the brain and spine?

First step Get a taste for the national dish, Dolly Pizza.

Second Drink a lot of moonshine at home before you go out

Third, Start taking chewing Tabaco ( Snooze)

Forth Forget how to laugh at jokes.

Just for a start giggle.gif

For a starter you and the other "pub-stars" here, you could pay taxes...It is called contributing to society....

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Glegolo

47 years old For the life of me I cannot understand guys like him. He goes to a foreign country with what would appear to be his total networth spends it all in less than 30 days and doesnot go home because he is broke. How can a man be 47 with nothing I just cannot comprehend it.

what kind of person travels when they are broke? Boggles my mind.

Your taking his word for it. Did you ever consider he is lying and does have money?

Exactly,...how did he managed to survive 3 months without money ? he doesen't look like a beggar.....he looks fit and not to slim like somebody that did not eat well those 3 months....!!!

I'll bet we going to hear another story when ge sees the inside of a jail.....! and realises that Thailand will not send him home at there expense....!

Regards.

Most likely such people are mental disabled. I hope he get home well and will seek professional help.

Why "most likely"? Or does "clueless and irresponsible" meet your definition of "mentally disabled"? Show us some data please.

The OP even states "Bruvold finally admitted he had not intended to stay in Thailand longer than his visa allowed, but he had run out of money and asked to be deported home." So he apparently had enough "mental ability" to attempt a cover-up (by telling authorities he'd lost his travel documents).

Edited by hawker9000

For a starter you and the other "pub-stars" here, you could pay taxes...It is called contributing to society....

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Glegolo

"contributing to society"

...by which you apparently mean supporting deadbeats like this guy. And like "paying taxes" is a "choice" - what IRS Form No. is that, BTW? LOL. I think "society" might actually be better served by leaving him in a hole someplace until he understands a little more about responsibility and self-reliance. It is called individual accountability....

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

47 years old For the life of me I cannot understand guys like him. He goes to a foreign country with what would appear to be his total networth spends it all in less than 30 days and doesnot go home because he is broke. How can a man be 47 with nothing I just cannot comprehend it.

You'd be surprised. I travelled with a mate several times and half way through the trip he was broke and borrowing money till his pay went into his account. He had a return ticket and accommodation paid for inadvance but he was hopeless budgeting his spending money......thats why some people are wealthier than others I guess.

The same happened to a friend's cousin a few years ago. He would have been a similar age at the time.

He spent some time in the Immigration prison till, apparently, a Roman Catholic priest arranged payment of his overstay fine. The British Embassy arranged for him to be flown home but then confiscated his passport until he repaid the cost of his flight. As far as I'm aware, he still has not got a new passport and almost certainly never will.

Alan

Does'nt boggle my mind. Sex, Drugs and Rock'n Roll.....or maybe just sex.

Don't forget the cheap alcohol here, compared to Norway

...and asked to be deported home.

Thailand ain't like Britain... no free trip home.

And Britain gives you a free trip home?

News to me.

I did not write Norway ain't like Britain...

​I was referring to the the thousands that Britain deports every year at the British tax payers expense, maybe Britain should follow Thailand's example, hold them in some hell hole and let them write begging letters home for money for a ticket home.

Thai ladies would'nt give you the bus fare to the airport. Pays to remember that ! It's a one way deal over here so it picks out the idiots.

Not always true, which was fortunate for the friend's cousin I mentioned in an earlier post. On a previous visit to Thailand, when he got a girl pregnant, he asked his dad to send him money for his and his girlfriend's airfare (no thought about a visa) to Scotland. His dad sent him enough money to pay for HIS airfare. That money was then squandered. He subsequently had to 'borrow' money from his girlfriend's sister to buy a ticket home. I do not know whether this was ever repaid but I would not be in the least surprised if it wasn't.

He's now in his late 50's with zero in the way of assets. The only legal employment he has had has been on fishing boats though he is usually only taken as a last resort because he is totally unreliable. As fishermen are treated as being self-employed, I very much doubt whether he has paid an tax or national insurance whatsoever in his entire life. If you're thinking he's a total (expletive deleted) idiot (I'm being polite), you would be spot on. Even his own family have disowned him! He was always a heavy drinker but I am now told that he's now a total alcoholic.

Alan

I suspect he just thinks he can wangle a free ride home, maybe he is right the country is awash with oil money.

Still every country has their scrounges .

Why are so many people on this Forum so acutely critical without even knowing the facts?

Playing armchair Sherlock in your dotage is much more fun that cleaning out the drool bucket.

Seriously a lot of retirees have a lot of time on their hands, I have seen posts on this forum that gets dozens of negative posts, but it's harmless , it's just passing time, I also suspect that getting old has such a negative impact on a hell of a lot of people they find it difficult to be positive about anything.

As for myself I think aging is the most insidious thing I have ever encountered.

I am assuming the majority of members are retirees though of course I could be wrong (highly unlikely ).