Employing Thai Labour For Lam Yai?

menzies233

I appear to have been rolled over this year with my Lam Yai crop. For 10 years and more I have taken care of everything, I installed pumps, pipes sprinklers, cut the grass put down weed killer trimmed and pruned the trees basically did everything on a 10 rai plot with about 200 trees.

Over the past years the useless things barely made much profit when AA's were 12-16 Baht a kilo, but at the end of the day they paid the expense of looking after them and after all expenses were settled, there was a few thousand baht which I split between me and the Thai wife.

This year however after posting money up front to pay for all of the fertilizer, pumps and everything that goes into the Lam Yai (Apart from physically doing the work as I am getting on a bit these days and getting bitten by ants, stung by bees and hornets chased by snakes is getting a bit hard for me) It cost me about 40K in electric etc. and the chemicals and an odd job guy to give the trees a bit of a spray.

Well, this year prices have turned out good, 33 Baht a kilo.

Imagine my surprise when my wife sells the Lam Yai to some family (They pick it and take care of everything) and they paid her 310,000 Baht!

So doing my math as I did previously I took the total expenses of about 80K that she said she paid in total, deducted the 40K or so I loaned them (The 80 K is bull I know for a fact it isn't more than 15K) So all in all, if we split things fairly knock off 80K or thereabouts and then just split the difference. (Yes I am being over generous as she needs to buy some shit piece of junk called a Mazda Familia for her other project) I would sort of end up with the 40K back as an expense, then about half of the Lam Yai, less the cost of the piece of junk - 30K

The FUC$$er has took the money from the lady buying the Lam Yai and it seems I have ended up with my 40K Expenses and another 12K as my "Profit"

Well, the line has been drawn in the sand this year and now they are forbidden to touch the trees, the pump or the electric. This year I am going to take care of it myself again.

The really annoying thing is that even when you try to help these DOGS, they will always try to get one over. They never see further than their noses, wait till they need money for the broken down car, the broken motorbike, all of which I helped with before, but this year it is FUVKLNG WAR!

Anyone in the Chiang Mai area know a couple of good honest Thais, that might want a bit of work maybe 2 or 3 days per week helping out on the land, I will gladly pay a bit over the odds for good people, nothing back breaking, just helping me to clear grass, prune trees and help water and take care of them until next year? If I have a good year then they will get a bonus, if not, they will have been fairly paid. I do not rip off anyone!

Thailand, the HUB of shortsightedness, greed and vulture mentality.

Edited by menzies233

You can choose your friends but not your extended Thai family.

Run forest run.

I really thought that living in Thailand was going to be like a box of chocolates......but I am not running, Forrest is going to stand and fight! There are more ways to skin a cat! (Admitteldy it took over 2 hours to get the SCB bank in my village to cancel a "Standing Order" into the bitch fund, but we got there in the end, so that is another bullet in the chamber - The last standing order they had on their computer was 2006!!!!! They had to ring the SCB helpline in Bangkok and were on the phone for over an hour trying to understand what to do - I am not 100% convinced it is cancelled, check again on Sept. 2nd, and that was after visiting 3 SCB Banks, the one at Big C Hang Dong took 40 minutes to tell me I had to go to my branch where the SO was taken out, they were unable to do it a month ago and made up a number of excuses, eventually it seems it might have been completed today - DO NOT EVER OPEN A STANDING ORDER IN THE STICKS, YOU MAY NEVER BE ABLE TO CANCEL IT! I was going to close the damn account and open a new one.)

They really are completely stupid at times, you support them for 13 years when they are having tough times and the moment they see a quick buck, you are screwed.

I have a kid to support, so I am not doing a runner, but this bitch is going to have to face reality, the money ends now!

Edited by menzies233

Keep business as business. I've been very "clear" from the outset that we're not a charity outpost. I pay fair for what we have to pay for, but otherwise my money is mine and I'll chase a thai down in a field of cane for it. (I've done that).

Gotta be pretty careful doing business with some Thais. If you leave an opening, you're gonna get hurt. You just have to recognise and accept that some of them are out and out theives, not business people.

I have had the pleasure of doing good, simple business with some as well. Trust your intincts and cover yourself.

Cheers