Did Anybody Have Similar Problem With Windows 10 When Resetting?

lostinisaan

My recent update to Win 10 (from Win 7) disabled many hardware features on my HP laptop and I am now going to revert back to Win 7 sad.png

I am glad I have not attempted to update my Win 7 desktop system and am now not likely to do so. I will try my Win 8.1 Toshiba netbook sometime - but not anytime soon. coffee1.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just upgraded my HP Envy desktop this morning to Win 10. Including the download it took a couple of hours and I only had to do something in the last few minutes. At the end of the configuration it asks if you want to do this or that and in all the boxes I said no and it finished the installation off.

It seems to be OK and there is a power box in the left hand corner for shutdown/restart/sleep which works.

It takes a bit longer to boot up but that will improve after a while and I work out what I don't need.

I was just going to try my printer and scanner but MS Office 2103 is reconfiguring and it will take a short while.

Firefox works as does Skype, my torrents are OK, Google Earth is OK, emails and internet works OK, printer works too.

So far it is OK and I will play with it to get it to do what I want but the seal of approval will come from my 12 year old son who is the only other person allowed on this computer

I just upgraded my HP Envy desktop this morning to Win 10. Including the download it took a couple of hours and I only had to do something in the last few minutes. At the end of the configuration it asks if you want to do this or that and in all the boxes I said no and it finished the installation off.

It seems to be OK and there is a power box in the left hand corner for shutdown/restart/sleep which works.

It takes a bit longer to boot up but that will improve after a while and I work out what I don't need.

I was just going to try my printer and scanner but MS Office 2103 is reconfiguring and it will take a short while.

Firefox works as does Skype, my torrents are OK, Google Earth is OK, emails and internet works OK, printer works too.

So far it is OK and I will play with it to get it to do what I want but the seal of approval will come from my 12 year old son who is the only other person allowed on this computer

Woops. Re configuring MS office 2013 sounds familiar.( Guess the version 2103 isn't yet available).

It could happen that you won't be able to get your MS office working again, at the end it might show you a weird message that it didn't work out.

The printer and scanner problem(s) seem to be widespread. Had it on my PC at home and on one of the school computers.

Tried W 10 on my DELL Inspiron, but after many hours of troubleshooting, I wanted to roll back to W 7. Nope. Way too many problems, not compatible programs, etc...

I had used my Uninstaller and deleted junk files, unfortunately were the W 7 files also under junk....

But Acronis saved my bud and I could get the system back to a point somewhere in February. Some stuff on W 10 isn't really working well, please let us know how your printer/ office configuration goes.

P.S. On one of the school computers did the same weird MS 2013 office stuff happen and it was always trying to configure, but it was never successful. The only way to solve the problem was to delete it and put it on again. But as far as I remember did I do it twice, forgot what the problem was..

Cheers.

Edited by lostinisaan

Woops. Re configuring MS office 2013 sounds familiar.( Guess the version 2103 isn't yet available).

It could happen that you won't be able to get your MS office working again, at the end it might show you a weird message that it didn't work out.

The printer and scanner problem(s) seem to be widespread. Had it on my PC at home and on one of the school computers.

Tried W 10 on my DELL Inspiron, but after many hours of troubleshooting, I wanted to roll back to W 7. Nope. Way too many problems, not compatible programs, etc...

I had used my Uninstaller and deleted junk files, unfortunately were the W 7 files also under junk....

But Acronis saved my bud and I could get the system back to a point somewhere in February. Some stuff on W 10 isn't really working well, please let us know how your printer/ office configuration goes.

P.S. On one of the school computers did the same weird MS 2013 office stuff happen and it was always trying to configure, but it was never successful. The only way to solve the problem was to delete it and put it on again. But as far as I remember did I do it twice, forgot what the problem was..

Cheers.

No problems when it came back up at all. My Brother MPC-J200 printer works, the scanner works, MS Office 2013 works. So far I haven't found any problem except for some games but I tried them while doing some deep antivirus and anti malware scans so I will look again after the scans are done.

My son will be back in a bit and he can try his games out.

I have had to update a couple of programs from 32 to 64 bit such as VLC which I use for watching movies and I am sure that over the next few days there will be programs that I don't use much that will need tweaking but so far, so good.