Police Extortion - What to do!

ruds

What could they do if you don't give them any money?

For example, if you run a bar (I know you've already mentioned you don't, this is just an example), if you were fully legal the BiB could still prove to be too much of a headache by coming in and checking the ID and drugs testing all your customers repeatedly to such a degree people stop coming to your bar.

People have already asked what business you are in. This is an important question because people can then ascertain what the Police could do to impact you.

It would also be good to know what rank the Policeman is, is he acting alone or is it a group of them acting on instructions from their station commander.

As already mentioned, in order to provide useful advice, more information is needed... OP: Help us to help you...

Its traffic Police and a group of 7 of them. They have something valuable to a customer of ours and wont give it back unless we give them some red box money

Let the customer sort it then facepalm.gif

Get a lawyer as was suggested. Thai Visa is the last place I would go for competent legal advice.

You get what you pay for.thumbsup.gif

I lived in Pattaya and used the law firm mentioned above and they sorted out the problem in no time.

Unless you just want to jack jaw about the Pattaya police and how bad they are.

Edited by lostoday

I am sorry I cant really help the OP but anybody in business in Thailand should have some connections at a higher level to call on when problems like this arise which of course they invariably do.

That is how it works in Thailand. Often one phone call to an influential thai and the problems disappear immediately.

What could they do if you don't give them any money?

For example, if you run a bar (I know you've already mentioned you don't, this is just an example), if you were fully legal the BiB could still prove to be too much of a headache by coming in and checking the ID and drugs testing all your customers repeatedly to such a degree people stop coming to your bar.

People have already asked what business you are in. This is an important question because people can then ascertain what the Police could do to impact you.

It would also be good to know what rank the Policeman is, is he acting alone or is it a group of them acting on instructions from their station commander.

As already mentioned, in order to provide useful advice, more information is needed... OP: Help us to help you...

Its traffic Police and a group of 7 of them. They have something valuable to a customer of ours and wont give it back unless we give them some red box money

Ruds

Is this a troll post?

If not stop talking in riddles.

What have they got of value?

How much are they asking for?

How did they get this item?

What business are you in?

Start talking, it's getting boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk