Firefox/mozilla

wilko

Are you realy any better off with them than you are with the standerd xp browser ?

Yes

Firefox has much better security and extensions for a lot of different applications. Only drawback with firefox is a small percentage of web sites don't have full functionality (like Windows Update)

Are you realy any better off with them than you are with the standerd xp browser ?

Yes

Firefox has much better security and extensions for a lot of different applications. Only drawback with firefox is a small percentage of web sites don't have full functionality (like Windows Update)

And some banks will only accept IE.

Yes

And some banks will only accept IE.

And I have found Firefox to be consistently quicker and less prone to hang or crash :o

apart from all the above mentioned stuff - particularly banks - alot will only accept IE

but for me - the single best thing that FF has over IE is its "tabbed browsing", this alone makes it a clear winner for me - its so handy

of course Opera8 browser has has this facility too.. but that wasnt the question :o

I've been using Mozilla for about 2 years or so now and although I still use IE to access my bank and a few other bits and bobs but I find everything about Mozilla is nicer, especially not being owned by Mr Gates! I love the "tab" thing I have it set to open about 5 pages at start, very convenient.

However I'm not able to use the email part of it Hence the original Q, I think I've configured something wrong or changed something. It worked ast first but now doesn't...I'm not too worried as contrarily, I use Outlook for email etc.

I tthink once you've used Mozilla you won't want to go back to IE. :o

apart from all the above mentioned stuff - particularly banks - alot will only accept IE

but for me - the single best thing that FF has over IE is its "tabbed browsing", this alone makes it a clear winner for me - its so handy

of course Opera8 browser has has this facility too.. but that wasnt the question :o

IE now uses a tab function - not quite as flexible as Firefox but good for those who don't want to give up IE - sorry if off-topic again :D