Water purification tablets

Valentine

I use chorine drops when in the backcountry here. (jungle)

Depending on how contaminated I think the water is, my general rule is: one drop per litre if i suspect the source,

2 drops per litre if there are houses above the source.

Wait 20 minutes. (15 is probably fine as the water is warm here. The colder the water, the longer you should wait)

Have never gotten sick from drinking water in the wild since '89 in Nepal. (where they told me the water was filtered and treated but, I don't believe it, as I got giardia. Started using the chorox drops after that)

Of course, some use iodine. Personally, I can't stand the taste.

Edited by fiddlehead

I use chorine drops when in the backcountry here. (jungle)

Depending on how contaminated I think the water is, my general rule is: one drop per litre if i suspect the source,

2 drops per litre if there are houses above the source.

Wait 20 minutes. (15 is probably fine as the water is warm here. The colder the water, the longer you should wait)

Have never gotten sick from drinking water in the wild since '89 in Nepal. (where they told me the water was filtered and treated but, I don't believe it, as I got giardia. Started using the chorox drops after that)

Of course, some use iodine. Personally, I can't stand the taste.

Thks for the positive feedback but I feel the tablets will be more user friendly as they are destined as part of a flood relief programme.