Android TV Boxes

STUDMEYER

Just go to LAZADA web site they have lots of models there, starting about 2,500 THB,

you can also have them delivered C.O.D. ,which is good.

Once you get your box, go to tvaddons.ag and download TVMC that is their version

of KODI, and has lots of stuff pre installed,and that will be a lot easier for a beginner,

then you can install more add-ons later,when you are more experienced,this is free,

You can add apps from ilikeHD, but for that there is a monthly charge.

with the box order a wireless keyboard/mouse ,Rapoo is 650 THB.

regards Worgeordie

I can't open tvaddons.ag.

Ps

Try Torrent Stream Controller for LOTS of stuff and MX Player to play it (on Android & Windows)....

Works REALLY really well

Its free, I watch all the Ashes on it via Sky Sports Ashes.........

Ps I have 365Sports too which is nice cos it has playback etc ....

I use KODI and as already stated tvmc is the easiest way to start, but it's not difficult to set up tvaddons.ag addons manually on the latest kodi.

I use Genesis addon for movies. You can stream or download... if your Internet is choppy you can try a lower quality or I start download and then watch the download after about 30% is downloaded.

For tv and sport I use iVue TV Guide. It works with other addons that provide the streams. I use Zeus and You get all sky channels free no subscriptions needed.

Google kodi addons

Seo-michael does easy tutorials

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-xbmc-hub-wizard/

This one shows you how to easily set up KODI to the same settings as TVMC

Edited by streboris

I tried the trial of Expatpremium .tv, everything worked except there

was no picture,audio was working,all my other services work ok.

I submitted a ticket with the problem, but the solutions they gave

me did not work.

regards worgeordie

I get you now. Better than nothing though, Mr K uses BT1 for the bike racing.

Yeah, I think you still don't know what I'm talking about.

BT Sport Xtra and BT Sport Europe

Ting (that was the sound of the penny dropping). Those channels are probably not popular enough to be hitting mainstream sites yet (I'm guessing there).

More exotic, but BT Sport Europe is out there in a lot of places, requires more work as the majority of feeds insist that you turn adblock off (I once tried replacing adblock with one of the lighter alternatives, but was unable to avoid; Mr K wanted to see some obscure footie game last season, it wasn't really so bad once you had gotten through the initial barage of ads, just one no to annoying banner at the bottom). Haven't heard of Xtra though, and a quick search showed it to be even more exotic than BT Europe, still manageable free is you are really, really keen but again, more than likely not available unless you disable adblock.

If anyone is going to do this, I recommend installing a different browser that you only use for this purpose.

Doable, but you really have to be pretty keen to do it.

I had no knowledge of Android boxes.. so I bought the Gadgets Guru 2GB/8GB Android TV Box Quad Core 4.4.2 from Lazada at 1,980 baht, expecting to have to programme it myself. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that a whole range of applications were already installed.

So this reasonably priced box might be a good starting point.

There are recommendations for TVMC, which is Kodi based but pre-comfigured. However, from my experience, as Greenside says, it promises a lot but delivers little. you have to search too many servers to find one. if you are lucky, that is active. If you like watching movies (which I don't ) or want to pick up on episodes from series (which I sometimes do) you can find something to watch. However if you are after live TV (which I do want), you will be disappointed.

For live TV, I subscribe to iLikeHD. (550 baht/month for UK live channels + most Sky channels + all the sports channels inc. Sky and CTH)

Their Andoid App. works quite well and the delivery is "almost" buffer free. I use the Android box on our old (5 years) 32" Samsung TV. With channels delivering an SD source, the 32" screen gives an acceptable picture, with a 720 HD source it is quite good.

The trouble for me with Ilikehd is the fact they offer no catch up service.

so when the bulk of decent programming is on in the UK I am fast asleep here.

Same with watching the football,more so when the clocks go back in October.

I've been subscribing to ThaiExpatTV for a couple of years now.

As others have said, you can go back and watch any program from the past 10 days. That way I won't miss Dr WHO !

It's also rather nice not to have a huge number of programs where a firearm is the main prop.

"I've been subscribing to ThaiExpatTV for a couple of years now.

As others have said, you can go back and watch any program from the past 10 days. That way I won't miss Dr WHO !"

What you need is a Tardis then you just go back in time.....

I get you now. Better than nothing though, Mr K uses BT1 for the bike racing.

Yeah, I think you still don't know what I'm talking about.

BT Sport Xtra and BT Sport Europe

Ting (that was the sound of the penny dropping). Those channels are probably not popular enough to be hitting mainstream sites yet (I'm guessing there).

More exotic, but BT Sport Europe is out there in a lot of places, requires more work as the majority of feeds insist that you turn adblock off (I once tried replacing adblock with one of the lighter alternatives, but was unable to avoid; Mr K wanted to see some obscure footie game last season, it wasn't really so bad once you had gotten through the initial barage of ads, just one no to annoying banner at the bottom). Haven't heard of Xtra though, and a quick search showed it to be even more exotic than BT Europe, still manageable free is you are really, really keen but again, more than likely not available unless you disable adblock.

If anyone is going to do this, I recommend installing a different browser that you only use for this purpose.

Doable, but you really have to be pretty keen to do it.

Erm.... if you try and watch channels on the web, you are going to get bombarded with ads, and you also run a risk of downloading malware.

The topic is "Android TV Boxes", and with Kodi and the right addons you can watch channels ad-free. The problem is that they are mostly unreliable.

Having said that, some of the addons are getting a good rep for providing decent quality, uninterrupted streams *most* of the time.

There are also ones that you can subscribe to that are very reliable if you don't mind paying.

The reason the two channels above are of interest is that BT Sport have the rights to EUFA football this season (Champions League and Europa League), and coverage in Thailand may be spotty at best.

I hope that's cleared things up.

For sports.. And for free.. Acestream is a superb app.. Only kludgy part is currently there channel indexing and epg isnt really well evolved.. But the stream feed is usually very good being P2P not server based.

For TV channels I have stuff for uk live TV free (TV player iPlayer Ch4oD etc) with a dns mask.. To be honest I am not a live TV person but I do like the BBC nature stuff.

For TV shows and movies.. Popcorntime is just incredibly good, so simply my mum now uses it with a laptop and chromecast.. For 30 quid this was a killer app. Also I have a home net with a few Tb of stuff properly indexed for kodi. Kodi of course has many streaming options that come and go, I sometimes play around with systems but am not much of a live tv watcher so dont care if they are a bit patchy.

My missus has 3BB free 'cloud tv' website bookmarked and last year I paid for a year of GMM HD for the UFC basically.. Unsure if I will keep that but at IIRC 5k for the year its not bad for quality HD, just a waste I only want one channel.

excellent thread

I had a thread in the tech section.. Which was discussion streaming options, most of which were legal apps.. But for reasons I dont understand it was closed, after being open a long time with large amounts of good info (like how to like an open EPG to the open M3U stream lists in kodi making it all very integrated) it got closed as it was 'spam'..

Questions on what was spam were ignored.

Purchased the Gadget Guru Android Box from Lazada (1,780bht with discount).

Works well with Kodi and Genesis already installed.

Only complaints,

Loaded with so much junk, had to uninstall before it had enough space to update apps.

Can't get bluetooth to connect to my Bluedio headset.

Gets a bit hot.

Only complaints,

Loaded with so much junk, had to uninstall before it had enough space to update apps.

Gets a bit hot.

I had problems with my new minix x8 not connecting to my Bluetooth speaker or keyboard... it found and connected to others ok but not the ones I wanted and they worked ok with my older minix x7... I tried an update but still no joy. So I tried Rooting it and it works now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by streboris

Only complaints,

Gets a bit hot.

I had problems with my new minix x8 not connecting to my Bluetooth speaker or keyboard... it found and connected to others ok but not the ones I wanted and they worked ok with my older minix x7... I tried an update but still no joy. So I tried Rooting it and it works now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

sorted now

it wanted the receiver next to the android box to pair

Works fine with kodi +1s advance

Why pay more?

1782bht from lazada cash on delivery.

http://www.lazada.co.th/gadgets-guru-2gb8gb-android-tv-box-quad-core-442-1-remote-control-149320.html

use a voucher for discount

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Only complaints,

Gets a bit hot.

I have the plus version of that box. It actually is called CS918, and in my case Plus added, which has the RK3288 chip.

Useless piece of junk, Bluetooth nor Wifi are functioning properly, and crashes all the time.

Very handy as paper weight though.

You may look on China gadget for a firmware update, which may or may not improve things.

I use KODI and as already stated tvmc is the easiest way to start, but it's not difficult to set up tvaddons.ag addons manually on the latest kodi.

I use Genesis addon for movies. You can stream or download... if your Internet is choppy you can try a lower quality or I start download and then watch the download after about 30% is downloaded.

For tv and sport I use iVue TV Guide. It works with other addons that provide the streams. I use Zeus and You get all sky channels free no subscriptions needed.

Google kodi addons

Hi I have tvaddons but how do I get Genesis please?

Google kodi addons

Mate, you tube is your best source for this.

Google kodi addons

Google

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-gotv-for-xbmc/