Three million baht cash reward paid

webfact

Three million baht cash reward paid

11948204_10153599934608637_1104731742_n1

BANGKOK: -- Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Poompunmoung this morning handed over three million baht cash reward to the police investigation team which conducted investigation into the Ratchaprasong deadly bomb explosion and which successfully led to the arrest of bomb suspect and seizure of explosives in Nong Chok.

The national police chief said of the three million baht cash reward, one million baht was from his own purse, and the rest from other friends.

He confirmed the arrest was the full effort and work of the police investigation team.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/three-million-baht-cash-reward-paid

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-31

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, what?! The police investigation team got the reward, and not the landlord who tipped them off?

If there was any lingering doubt as the ineptitude and outright stupidity of the RTP, this has to have removed it.

Wait, what?! The police investigation team got the reward, and not the landlord who tipped them off?

If there was any lingering doubt as the ineptitude and outright stupidity of the RTP, this has to have removed it.

Agree.

Without the astute Landlord, the RTP would never have found this nest of bombers. They would still be looking for DNA from a week old 100 baht note.

...and the Police get the reward? For what?

Didn't Thaksin also offer $200,000 (USD)? I hope the Landlord at least gets that.

Edited by DLock

I cannot BELIEVE this. Why on earth would you reward the police for DOING THEIR JOB???

At the very LEAST, they should have waited until all this was done and dusted before giving out the money to their own police force. I am really struggling to find the logic behind this.

And as stated in previous posts, the landlord should have been the person to get the money.

Im almost at a loss for words!

Why are people surprised about this?? For people who have been here long enough it makes perfect sense.

Whilst I agree with the first part of your line I would disagree with 'perfect sense'. Normal practice yes. Sense of any description, no. what happened to the Police actually doing their work and getting, say a pat on the bag or even a commendation. Giving the reward just about sums up this Police Farce. No its not a typo.

"The national police chief said of the three million baht cash reward, one million baht was from his own purse, and the rest from other friends."

Have I read that right?

Amazing.

I'm not even going to speculate on where that money may have come from.

I'll have you know that all higher ranking police and military officers are amply rich and that this comes from land deals and an astute business sense.

Nothing to see here - move on!

I cannot BELIEVE this. Why on earth would you reward the police for DOING THEIR JOB???

At the very LEAST, they should have waited until all this was done and dusted before giving out the money to their own police force. I am really struggling to find the logic behind this.

And as stated in previous posts, the landlord should have been the person to get the money.

Im almost at a loss for words!

"I cannot BELIEVE this. Why on earth would you reward the police for DOING THEIR JOB???"

Because they so rarely do?

1. The suspect is not the bomber, so the reward probably should not have been paid. The suspect is merely one of the ISIL militants who may or may not have been involved in ongoing operations to take revenge on the Thai government for repatriating the 100+ Uighurs back to China, rather than send them on their way to Turkey to join their brothers in arms in Syria.

2. The reward, if it was going to be paid, should have been paid to the lady who provided the tip about multiple rooms rented to Turks in her Nongchak apartment building. RTP merely stumbled across a remnant of an ISIL human smuggling operation, that had decided to exact revenge on the junta for the deportation of some of its Uighur brothers.

Had RTP been doing its job, it would have thoroughly investigated the report of fake Turkish passports sent to Thailand early in the year in furtherance of an ISIL-led militant smuggling scheme. It would have also investigated whether some of those passports were being held by the deported Uighurs, and whether there was a much grander scheme going on, rather than just some displaced migrants. However, this is why Thailand remains Tier 3 on the TIP report, because RTP and Thai officials are either ignorant of, complicit in or actively engaged in human smuggling.

If you're really going to go this do you need to publicly announce it?

Right that is it lads, let's all get together and petition for a real farang police force. Us bunch of bar flies, tefl teachers, retirees and everything else in between with little to no police training would actually probably do a better job than this lot.

Edited by lildragon

A bit premature handing out rewards when there are possibly other perps and bombs out there, and if there are I don't think that there will be any more tips from the public after this effort, and the dirtbags will be a bit smarter as far as mobile phones and cctv goes.

So you know 100% that the ladlord tipped them off ? or its just something you read ? ..( if so your the stupid one ) .Reports on Sundays B.P. put it down to information from mobile phone signals .

"Police acted on a tip from the landlord who owned the apartment that the suspect was renting, according to a police source who declined to be named."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Bomb-suspect-held-30267739.html

I thought rewards were for "the arrest and conviction..."

The suspect hasn't been tried in court. How the F does Somyot KNOW? He doesn't.

This is part of his desperate attempt to pin the crime on someone. Pay the reward as if the investigation is fait accompli.

Why are people surprised about this?? For people who have been here long enough it makes perfect sense.

Whilst I agree with the first part of your line I would disagree with 'perfect sense'. Normal practice yes. Sense of any description, no. what happened to the Police actually doing their work and getting, say a pat on the bag or even a commendation. Giving the reward just about sums up this Police Farce. No its not a typo.

"a pat on the bag​"...."No its not a typo".......

this looks like a typo to me...... :)

So you know 100% that the ladlord tipped them off ? or its just something you read ? ..( if so your the stupid one ) .Reports on Sundays B.P. put it down to information from mobile phone signals .

Talk about double standards mate, "or is it something that you read ?" ..( if so your the stupid one )" so did you read the BP of the said reports???????

BIB gets reward for DOING THIER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Now make public how they got the info in these guy's leading to the arrest,

I thought rewards were for "the arrest and conviction..."

The suspect hasn't been tried in court. How the F does Somyot KNOW? He doesn't.

This is part of his desperate attempt to pin the crime on someone. Pay the reward as if the investigation is fait accompli.

Was there really any reward, or was this just more RTP bull? Designed to help the uneducated masses see how good the RTP are at their job. I don't think that they have convinced the average farang on this one. coffee1.gif

So you obviously missed the first few dozen announcements immediately after arresting the suspect, one of which kblaze linked to above, that specifically said that they were acting on a tip-off from the landlord of the apartment. Indeed it was eighteen hours after the news first broke that we learned about the phone data - indeed I actually called this very thing happening...

As aussieinthailand pointed out, accusing someone of being stupid because they believed something they read a dozen or so times (and heard from the RTP themselves during their press conference), and then using something you read to back you up is, um, pretty stupid.

Edited by jamesbrock