Three million baht cash reward paid

webfact

3 million baht for arresting a suspect... Wow. Imagine how much they'd get if he was actually put before the courts and convicted. (Basically they are rewarding themselves for pulling in any Joe off the streets. Yeah, great police work. TIT)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Time.com ... Yes, the world is watching, laughing and scratching their collective heads in disbelief... cheesy.gif

Thai Police Just Gave Themselves the Reward Offered for Information on the Bangkok Bombers They've decided to take the money for themselves even though the key suspect is still at large

http://time.com/4016752/bangkok-bombing-thai-police-rewards/

"The national police chief said of the three million baht cash reward, one million baht was from his own purse, and the rest from other friends."

Have I read that right?

Amazing.

I'm not even going to speculate on where that money may have come from.

Accumulated Tea Money from last week.....wai.gifwai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

If Thais love Thais" so much why do they even need a reward, wheres the dumbass rost specs brigade now then?

Anyone that's been in Thailand will know that if there's anything that Thais love more than anything, it's money!

And westerners hate the stuff !

You don't live here I presume, so you don't know how stuff here works...rolleyes.gif

Chances are I've been here in Thailand longer than most, and talking of knowing how stuff works, I am getting to know how the ThaiVisa mindset works, putting down just about everything to do with Thailand seems to be the way things are done in these parts.

They really are retarded!!! They continually bleet on about the image of Thailand and now this!!!!!

Doesn't the general and his staff monitor the actions of high ranking officials? so how the hell did he let this get approved?

Donating the reward to the victims support fund or worthwile needy causes could have been a useful pr exercise,but now they are the laughing stock of the worlds media more than ever before.....................

A box of dunkin donuts probably has a higher IQ than these idiots.

I cannot BELIEVE this. Why on earth would you reward the police for DOING THEIR JOB???

At the very LEAST, they should have waited until all this was done and dusted before giving out the money to their own police force. I am really struggling to find the logic behind this.

And as stated in previous posts, the landlord should have been the person to get the money.

Im almost at a loss for words!

Unbelieveable, Doing your job and get the reward money.

A reward should never be paid to the police for doing the job they are paid to do.

yes......but:

1 ) the normal police get extreme low salary .... so they are actually not paid for the job they do.

2 ) it is an important case for Thailand. You can stick to your correct opinion and the same guy will bomb next year again or you bribe your own force to do the work they are supposed to do....

(We just told our staff that we pay them a week on the beach on a specific turnover target.....isn't that the same?)

1) Low salary is no excuse for police "making extra money on the side"

2) A private company can do whatever they want with salaries, bonuses, etc. The Royal Thai Police is not a private company.

...you aren't seriously excusing this are you?

both yes....but what you do if you are the police boss? (As police boss, by the way you had to pay your superior to get promoted so you know how things work).

Stick to the rules....and know nothing will happen....and after the September and October bombing there will be minus 50 % tourists and you'll get moved somewhere else.

Or you do it the wrong way, even throw in 1 Million from your hard earned corruption money and get things done.

He has no magic stick to morph the Thai Police into the German police not in a week and not in a year.

I thought the reward was for finding Waldo..the guy who planted the bomb two weeks ago....

Not for finding people who may have assisted Waldo!

attachicon.gifwally260.gif

Wasn't it 10 or 8 Million for finding an guy between 20 and 30, 1.70 meter tall and looking Asian?

(All Burmese still in the country are smaller than 1.60 or taller than 1.80....all others run away already)

God I love Thailand. Where else in the world can you have a constant soap opera going on around you. Convoluting stories of passion, drama and crime. Love it ! And then you have the peanut gallery, the TVF fan club. Giving their expert opinion on the suspected plot. Difficult when you consider that most critics don't even live in the country, and some, have never been here.

Real life, gee just like Thai television.

This is so ridiculous, I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it happen with my own eyes.

Thailand puffs it's chest and the world laughs at it once again.

Doesn't the guy even have to be found guilty for them to get the money ?.

Absolutely crazy : what is wrong with these people to think it's OK ?.

The world is watching and sniggering, you could not make it up....

http://news.yahoo.com/thai-police-award-themselves-84k-arrest-bomb-suspect-101511355.html

one from the neighbor's

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/World/2015/08/31/Thai-police-chief-rewards-officers-after-mysterious-bomb-suspect-nabbed/

And another this one asking a few awkward questions

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bangkok-bombing-thailand-police-claim-84000-own-investigators-pictures-new-suspects-released-1517817

New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/08/31/world/asia/ap-as-thailand-explosion-reward.html?_r=0

I think this may not be the PR coup the chief rozzer was hoping for, they say all publicity is good publicity but with this one I aint so sure....

Edited by mark131v

....anyone might say that there is something not right about this....

...people sent in tips....

...and the police are doing their jobs...as they are supposed to....

...maybe a bonus would have been more appropriate....

amazing! Paying themselves extra money for doing a job that they should be doing!

AMAZING THAILAND INDEED!

Where is our dear leader Prayut in crushing down on such blatant corruption??!!

He's in a difficult situation, he may have to explain his own enormous wealth.

and members on this site really do wonder why the RTP come in for so much stick and criticism ?

Probably not any more until immediate memory fades a bit. You couldn't make this stuff up. I am hardly the most optimistic advocate or apologist with scales on my eyes as regards the RTP but this news report even staggered me. Since when in any country do the police offer a reward and then claim it themselves? Well, in Thailand, now, obviously is the answer. Even more so as they were so quick to hand it out I imagine the enthusiasm of those who did not participate in the cash will be at a low ebb now, and those who did get some money may not see the point in slogging on if there is no more lolly to be had. Also they have not caught the actual bomber yet, just a possible collaborator or possibly at best a bomb-maker. As well there was one police news release as everyone else has pointed out that the landlord was originally credited as the informant. The next news release does not mention him anymore, but credits possibly dubious laborious cell phone account checking. Then they hand the money to themselves, and the job is by no means finished. Staggering stuff. And the Koh Tau trial continues in court as we speak. Great PR stuff for the RTP!!!!!!!! Could only be beaten if the Jamaican Tourism Board had used 10CC's Dreadlock Holiday as their marketing song.

Edited by The Deerhunter