AirAsia connects Pattaya with China

craigt3365

Low-cost carrier makes U-Tapao its fifth base in Thailand

Thai AirAsia has unveiled plans to launch two new routes connecting Pattaya with mainland China, as it makes the resort town its fifth operating base in Thailand.

The low-cost carrier will launch flights to Pattaya’s U-Tapao Airport from Nanning, the capital of southern China’s Guangxi region, and Nanchang, the capital of Jiangxi, on 25 and 26 September respectively.

These flights will primarily serve the needs of Chinese tourists wanting to visit Thailand’s beaches, enabling visitors to fly directly to Pattaya and the eastern seaboard, without having to drive from Bangkok.

“We believe that tourism in the east and Pattaya is growing very rapidly and that U-Tapao Airport is absolutely ready to accommodate regular flights,” said Tassapon Bijleveld, CEO of Thai AirAsia.

Continued:

http://www.traveldailymedia.com/226193/airasia-connects-pattaya-with-china/

TAA-nose-300x211.jpg

Oh no, not more Chinese tourists, clogging the streets up with the tour busses,its bad enough already, Pattaya has,nt got the infrastructure to deal with the extra tourists. Not that you ever see them in the local shops bar/ resturants spending owt. Airport-bus-hotel-bus-venue-bus-hotel, repeat 7-10 times, hotel-bus-airport..

I'm always stunned that the Chinese even visit Pattaya, unless it's for the extra curricula attractions!

If you have ever been to the Chinese Island of Hainan, it close to a low cost version of Hawaii. Far cry from the cess pool of Pattaya

On a less judgmental tourist note, give Hainan a try its pretty good

They will be awed how pristine and clear the ocean is, that is compared to what they are used to back home.

Soon we can rename the city New Peking.

Actually the Chinese city which had the same reputation as Pattaya was Dongguan. It was wiped clean late last year. New Dongguan. From what reports from many in Pattaya, it needs more commerce.

I'm always stunned that the Chinese even visit Pattaya, unless it's for the extra curricula attractions!

If you have ever been to the Chinese Island of Hainan, it close to a low cost version of Hawaii. Far cry from the cess pool of Pattaya

On a less judgmental tourist note, give Hainan a try its pretty good

Nah they don't do that. They are all packaged up tours, usually couples and sometimes families. They have made deals with major hotels and restaurants to feed and accommodate them. They get a parasailing gig thrown in, a trip to Koh Larn and a guided tour of Walking Street. I live here, I see it everyday, the big flag goes up and they just follow the leader everywhere. What a cr@ppy way to travel, no real free time for yourself. You will never see them in bars but you might see them tours in Go Go Clubs occasionally. They get a free beer or soft drink on entry, they sit on that 1 free drink until the guide tells them we are going. Then they get in their big buses and get taken to their hotels. It's just a cheap holiday for them I think.

Why clutter the streets with tourists that do not spend any money, .. and bringing them to Utapao is no better than suvharnaphum as far as driving time is concerned. Sounds like it is time to get the hell out of Thailand. I'm sick of Russians and Chinese, that have no respect for Thai culture or customs and contribute little or nothing to the Thai economy. ... but are welcomed moreso than Westerners!

Why clutter the streets with tourists that do not spend any money, .. and bringing them to Utapao is no better than suvharnaphum as far as driving time is concerned. Sounds like it is time to get the hell out of Thailand. I'm sick of Russians and Chinese, that have no respect for Thai culture or customs and contribute little or nothing to the Thai economy. ... but are welcomed moreso than Westerners!

Welcomed probably because there isn't much else left to welcome.

Westerners like to spread their wings a bit more I guess and are also fully aware of what is on offer here these days.

Oh no, not more Chinese tourists, clogging the streets up with the tour busses,its bad enough already, Pattaya has,nt got the infrastructure to deal with the extra tourists. Not that you ever see them in the local shops bar/ resturants spending owt. Airport-bus-hotel-bus-venue-bus-hotel, repeat 7-10 times, hotel-bus-airport..

Thy are taken to Chinese related shopping places,like Mike's Plaza (the one near Tai), the numerous attractions like Nong Nooch, World of Rubber Fetish Centre, and a big Restaurant near Numchai and they also crowd into the 7-11 near me after swarming over the Wat for a while. And if you are ever on Walking St in the evening, you might spot them. Getting into a GoGo is relative tranquillity........

Then they get into their coaches back to their Chinese owned hotel mowing down a few pedestrians and motorcyclists en-route as they squeeze down the narrow sois.

Some of us like farangs to visit China. This will be much easier. I think it is great. If, like you, I was not a traveler, I would have the world built around my wishes also.