Bangkok Tennis Tournament!

marquess

I went yesterday, Sunday, and saw these obscure players you mention.

I have been playing for some 25 yrs and I can tell you these guys are

outstanding players. If you did not know names, you might think any one

of them is a top 20 player ..... no kidding. The level of play even at these

qualifying levels is extrodinary !!!! Service aces ... crack , and hits the corner.

Groundie winners from behind the baseline. It was wonderful tennis yesterday

especially the match between the Slovokian Gregorc and the fellow named

Balleret (who won in a 3rd set tiebreak after losing the 1st set 6-1)

Too late now to go today, but 4 of these fellows will make it to the main

draw where they will no doubt get beaten by the top 50 players who

are here this week.

If you love the game, you really should go out and see them.

Cheers

You can see the progress of the match from your computer by clicking on Live Scores on the right hand side of the home page of

www.thailandopen.org.

Henman has a 3-1 lead with serve in the 3rd set, Paradorn won the 2nd set 6-4 to even the match.

Henman beat Murray for the first time in a while so he will be tough.

Hope Paradorn can pull some magic as the crowd and all of Thailand will love it.

Yesterday while playing the Russian fellow, he was wearing a shirt which had letters on his back saying ....

LOVE KING.

You can see the progress of the match from your computer by clicking on Live Scores on the right hand side of the home page of

www.thailandopen.org.

Henman has a 3-1 lead with serve in the 3rd set, Paradorn won the 2nd set 6-4 to even the match.

Henman beat Murray for the first time in a while so he will be tough.

Hope Paradorn can pull some magic as the crowd and all of Thailand will love it.

Yesterday while playing the Russian fellow, he was wearing a shirt which had letters on his back saying ....

LOVE KING.

Paradorn won in the third set tie break. A former miss universe was getting very excited and congratulated paradorn at the end - is that his girlfriend?

Channel 3 is a major sponsor & their live coverage on tv is minimal. Even Paradorn cannot compete with regular evening tv programs!!

The only way to see the tournament is actually to go there! I went on Wednesday, which was too bad. Even when watching the Safin v Merzca match, they took it off at 16.30 to show some recorded rubbish, I do wish the tournament would get a better TV deal. I recall three years ago we did get to see some of the evening matches, and even yesterday evening, at 23.00 there was no recoreded tennis, on, the internet has been the only I have been able to follow it! :o:D

Well to my surprise and delight, BOTH semi-final matches today were on TV Ch1. Blake took out Safin in 3rd set tiebreaker and Paradorn could not handle the world no 3 Lubicij and lost.

But his comeback win over Henman last night's quarterfinal must have been something to see as he was down 5-2 in the final set and won it in the tiebreak.