My Dog On Holiday

This is my dog Cindy having some fun in the sun

Post your pooch's fun pics here

Cute. Bet that is a squeek toy too. Our golden, Jedi, has one just like that but orange and loves playing with it. However he is stingy and won't give it back. :o Will try to get a pic of him in action.

great pics guys.

i`ll post some when i can (next week i`ll have access to both the pics and a scanner)

Haven't gone digital yet kayo? Interested in seeing what you bring to the table. :D

nah mate.. too many beers... coulnd`t afford one. I`m still using internet cafés too... :D

that`s all going to change in 2007 though :o Please god...

My dog (first one, cutest, golden retriever) was before digital anyway, mostly.

So in the meantime, here is the only tow pics of have of my last dog with story:

I do have one or two pics of Scruffy Victoria Al Scruffone Opopo here somewhere though...

here.. this one has a story:

When I moved here (lake atitlan guatemala) I adopted, or no, I was adoptedc by this street dog, whom I promptly dubbed Scruffy (full name: Scruffy Victoria Al-Scruffone Opopo) and she was brilliant, about two years old and adorable right?

Excellently trained, but instinctively, blend of good behaviour and some unknown past training I guess. Anyway, absolutely perfect behaviour and attitude and cuteness and all.

Plus she was the princess of our town. Every street vendor liked her and she was well famous before I even came here, though nobody could tell me where she came from.

She`d go with me EVERYwhere, and hang around the bar, "guarding it" from other dogs and all.

Sadly, about 8 or 10 months into my time, when Scruffles was happily heavily pregnant and not far off due date, she was Dognapped, by a wealthy Guatemalan family who come from the capital and have a house here, and their kids HAVE to have this dog.

when I did confont them, they denied all, and due to circumstances, I felt it safer to not pursue.

A few weeks later, into the bar runs my Scruffles.

All head down, and humble, and I bought her a big ass chicken thigh lunch with all the toppings, which she devoured.

Her babies must have beenat these peoples house, cos she went away again after lunch.

The family put my scruffles down, and apparently sold off the puppies.

Heart wrenching, and for legalities, Fuc.k all I could do. :D

here is she.

scrufflesbt7.jpg

scruffleslegsrw4.jpg

Oh, yeah, you see that orange scarf thingie...

When I was in thailand, I volunteered to take a bunch of local thai kids on a temple meditation retreat to learn techniques and that. On the last day we had fun activities and I needed some blindfolds. I asked the head monk there and he promplty took out one of his orange sarongs and starting tearing it into seven equally sized strips.

I kept them, and have one on my guitar, one on my backpack, one was on Corby (who was still in france with my mom, one on Scruffy, and one that I would wear. And two spares.

Corby has died and been buried with his. Scruffy kept hers. For me they had a deep symbolism, and I hoped they would bring some spiritual safety to the dogs I`ve loved so much.

next week: Corby the Wonder Golden.

She is BEAUTIFUL

Thank you Pauly ..... although her looks have nothing to do with me :o

This is her majesty as a puppy..... even when we only had two wheels, she wanted to go everywhere with Mummy and Daddy.... if we need to make a trip somewhere where dogs are not allowed, she stays with the in-laws, frets and refuses to eat.... and then makes gouges in our legs with her paws, on our return, for not taking her.

Now, in the car.... the windows have to be open so that she can bark her commands at the soi dogs when we pass them.

She gets fed better than me sometimes too :D

post-15958-1159375467_thumb.jpg

This is my dog Cindy having some fun in the sun

Post your pooch's fun pics here

post-9592-1159174674_thumb.jpg

Absolutely cute and great dog!!! :o

Well you should know...she has spent a lot of time with you...in fact she responds to you better than she does to me :D

I think you're doing a great job! Working with dog owners and dogs like you and Cindy makes my job really enjoyable. Thank you for that!

nala and anon having sukiyaki picnic at home

ignore the messy dining/salon area

he cooks specially for her -- despite the stupid israeli joke that he should be cooking her :D(

Poodles, Goldens, any other dog ..... but these boxers .... !!!!

:D:D :D :D:D:o:D:D

as u noticed, nala knows she's not allowed on the 'table'; however she does steal the larger part of our sofa; wathcing tv in the evening involves pushing and shoving of body parts so three to five people and a boxer can see the soap opera of the evening together....the boxer gets the best part of the seating