Mazda 3.

malt25

Hi all.

I have a 2012 Mazda 3 hatch. Great little car.

I find the fog lights pretty much hopeless. Any ideas for up grade. Not so interested in fog light functionality, more driving light.

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks..... Mal.

Maybe need to read up on Thai law [as in many other countries]

Here lights mounted lower than 60 cm can only be used in Fog, Mist, Dust, Smoke and Low visibility... or so I was told when asking.

As so many use the Fog/Spot light never gave it a thought, was stopped about 18 months ago, given a fine for using them and that was on a Hi-Racer Mazda BT50, = much higher that a Mazda 3 lights.

Edited by ignis

Thanks for your concern, but if you can't provide the requested info not much point in a reply.

With little to NO enforcement of speeding, 4 on a motorcycle, 12 + in the back of a pickup, no helmets, riding & driving on the wrong side of the road, & just about every other road rule, I'll take my chances with an upgrade to the fog lights.

But thanks anyway.

If yours has round fog lights, you could replace them with projectors, then fit HID xenon bulbs in those, without fear of blinding other drivers.

If yours has the oblong shape fog lights, about the only thing you can do is fit brighter bulbs or HID xenon, but the light pattern will not be correct and it's going to bother other drivers.

Edited by IMHO

If yours has round fog lights, you could replace them with projectors, then fit HID xenon bulbs in those, without fear of blinding other drivers.

If yours has the oblong shape fog lights, about the only thing you can do is fit brighter bulbs or HID xenon, but the light pattern will not be correct and it's going to bother other drivers.

Thanks for that. I have the oblong type.

Thanks for that. I have the oblong type.

Purchase a HID kit from the bay, to install is very easy. I have these fitted on my SUV and there has been no issues so far

post-1136-0-96532300-1441251946_thumb.jp