Yet Another Visa Question (help!)

Hi Everyone, I have been here for about 2 months and my 60 day, double entry visa expires October first, so I can either do a border run to Mae Sai or pay the 1800 Baht to get it extended for 30 days. Either way, I still have a second entry, so I would normally have time for that. Problem is, I am going to Hong Kong on the 13. I will be there for about 5 days, so I am thinking I can apply for another tourist visa there. If I still have a tourist visa in my passport will I be able to apply for another one? I would rather do the border run (now that the borders are open) then pay for the extension, but I do not want to use up my second entry, with all these new laws, if I can't get another tourist visa. So I guess my questions are:

1) Will the Thail embassy in HK issue an American citizen a tourist visa

2) Can I apply for a tourist visa if I still have 60 days on the one that I currently have?

3) How long does a tourist visa last before it expires? I don't want to buy a visa and have it expire before I use it.

4) Does the Thai embassy in HK offer double (or triple) entry visas?

ANY help you could provide would be VERY, VERY appreciated!!! I am new at this and the visa regulations have me very confused!

Thanks so much

Emily

I have no direct knowledge but I beleive that Hong Kong might be one of the places that can be difficult about giving back to back tourist visas.

Have you considered a re-entry permit. Cost 1000 Baht. You will then be re-ammended to Thailand for the time left on were current stay without using an entry off your tourist visa.

Thanks for your help. From what I have read it seems like a very quick and easy process, has anyone done one?

So am I better off going on a visa run this weekend and then getting a re-entry permit on the way to HK or just getting it extended for 30 days (and getting my second entrance when I come back from HK)?

THanks, I am getting to confused thinking about all this :o

Emily