Breaking Sky News report on Koh Tao trial torture claims

mark131v

I have just watched a Sky News report from the trial of the B2 and the Koh Tao murder. The report was about the testimony about one of the B2 ?Zaw Lin and it was concerning his treatment whilst in RTP custody

I am paraphrasing but basically he is alleging he was taken from his cell late at night by 10 men in plain clothes then taken to an house (not a police station) where he was beaten and kicked about

The crux of the report was quite detailed and stated he had a plastic bag put over his head was questioned and beaten, he managed to bite a hole in the first bag to breath at which point they put another bag over the first and continued to beat and kick whilst the interpreter kept asking him to admit he had killed the 2 British

It also mentioned that he was told that if he admitted it then he would only serve 5 or 6 years but that if he didn't then he would be put on a boat taken out to sea and thrown overboard, whether true or not it looks like Thailand is back in the news for all the wrong reasons

Don't know if any other news agencies have picked up on it and I have had to put it in General topics as I cannot start a thread in news