Bringing my dog from UK to Thailand?

kunash

Hi

I will eventually be bringing my little Yorkshire Terrier dog to Thailand from the UK.

I have seen a leaflet at 'pets at home' explaining what you need to do and it also gives a useful website in the UK.

Can i just ask a few questions please?

Are there any airlines that will allow you to take your pet onboard and sit with you? ( my dog is small )

Can anyone recommend a good company in the UK that will help facilitate a smooth and stress free departure?

On arrival at Suvarnabhumi, is the place where we collect our dog in the main arrivals hall? What is it called?

Can anyone recommend a good Thai company that can help facilitate a smooth, speedy and stress free collection of my dog? And is it worth doing this?

Thanks for your replies

we brought our Yorkie with us from the states a few years ago

you will have to check with the airline,to see if you can bring your dog on board with you

we had to check ours in,as it was a long flight

as for collecting your dog ,he will come up on the baggage with the suitcase's,he will be the last one up

if you have to check your dog in,make sure that you tell the flight att. at the gate that you have a dog with you,don't get on the plane with them telling you that your dog is on board,there should be a ticket that they will give you that shows that your dog is aboard.

once your dog has arrived,take the dog and all the paper work to am. control,which is in the far corner on the same floor,as baggage claim.

it is maned 24/7 it should cost you 100TB,they will give you some paper work,keep it,customs might want to look at it,after that your good to go.

just remember that once your dog is in Thailand it is very hard to take him back out of Thailand

hope this helps

we brought our Yorkie with us from the states a few years ago

you will have to check with the airline,to see if you can bring your dog on board with you

we had to check ours in,as it was a long flight

as for collecting your dog ,he will come up on the baggage with the suitcase's,he will be the last one up

if you have to check your dog in,make sure that you tell the flight att. at the gate that you have a dog with you,don't get on the plane with them telling you that your dog is on board,there should be a ticket that they will give you that shows that your dog is aboard.

once your dog has arrived,take the dog and all the paper work to am. control,which is in the far corner on the same floor,as baggage claim.

it is maned 24/7 it should cost you 100TB,they will give you some paper work,keep it,customs might want to look at it,after that your good to go.

just remember that once your dog is in Thailand it is very hard to take him back out of Thailand

hope this helps

Thanks for all the replies

ok, so he will come up with the luggage. bet that was a giggle to see your dog arrive like that

you said ''am. control'' what is that exactly?

thanks for some good advice

Archived