Direct purchase of Thai lottery tickets for sales from GLO to begin October

webfact

Direct purchase of lottery tickets for sales from GLO to begin October

19-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Lottery vendors can buy lottery tickets for sale directly from the Government Lottery Office (GLO) under a new scheme to be launched to resolve the high lottery price caused by lottery wholesalers.

But the direct purchase is available only through booking at the state-owned Krung Thai bank and vendors must first register with the GLO and must open bank accounts for payment if their purchases.

The new scheme will allow all lottery vendors nationwide, both under government quota and non-quota systems, to purchase directly which will subsequently solve the issue of overpriced tickets.

GLO board chairman Maj-Gen Apirat Kongsompong, said lottery tickets would be available for vendors through booking from Thailand Post, and Krung Thai bank from October onward.

But the lottery booking would first be available from October 3 -7 for the October 16 drawing.

Interested vendors are allowed to purchase from 5 – 50 books at the price of 70.40 baht for a pair of tickets. Each book comprises 100 tickets.

The following rounds of tickets will be available for booking 7 days ahead of the lottery drawing date of each fortnight.

The new scheme will increase the number of lottery tickets in circulation in the market by 7-8 million and should be sufficient to the vendors’ and public demand, he said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/direct-purchase-of-lottery-tickets-for-sales-from-glo-to-begin-october

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-03

It's simply a way of obtaining tax revenue primarily from low and many middle income folks who don't declare earnings (or under report earning) or file income tax returns. Then of course the 7% VAT is a good way to obtain tax revenue from all income classes...the VAT hurts the poor the most since it's a regressive tax...applied uniformly to all income classes.

I see the elimination of middlemen pocketing several million baht a month under this system (80 baht) price per ticket vs the old system of whatever you can get for a pair of tickets, which varied from 100 to 120 baht at retail vender vs cost as quoted above of 70.4

The required investment of buying at least 5 books of 100 may hurt some of the disabled who are trying to make ends meet. But it certainly has cut the middlemen making ungodly profit for setting on their arse, contributing nothing to society, nor paying tax into the coffers.

I see the elimination of middlemen pocketing several million baht a month under this system (80 baht) price per ticket vs the old system of whatever you can get for a pair of tickets, which varied from 100 to 120 baht at retail vender vs cost as quoted above of 70.4

The required investment of buying at least 5 books of 100 may hurt some of the disabled who are trying to make ends meet. But it certainly has cut the middlemen making ungodly profit for setting on their arse, contributing nothing to society, nor paying tax into the coffers.

The middlemen are sustantial businesses known to the government because the government partly provides them with the means to make their living so why do you state that they pay no tax? How would you know that?

And what has "contributing to society" (whatever that is) got to do with anything? I'd be interested to see what your contribution to society is.

Swiss; With your logic and thinking / justification of middlemen I will not even attempt to explain my post to you.. It may be too complicated. You would probably be surprised at what I and others who do contribute to Thailands' society in a economic and a social way have made a positive difference over the years.

Several million? A sever underestimate I think.

The middlemen are just laundering money for others into the system for a nice fee thank u very much.

The middlemen are sustantial businesses known to the government because the government partly provides them with the means to make their living so why do you state that they pay no tax? How would you know that?

And what has "contributing to society" (whatever that is) got to do with anything? I'd be interested to see what your contribution to society is.

Swiss; With your logic and thinking / justification of middlemen I will not even attempt to explain my post to you.. It may be too complicated. You would probably be surprised at what I and others who do contribute to Thailands' society in a economic and a social way have made a positive difference over the years.

To quote your PM to me:

"To answer your question, what have I contributed to society here in Thailand. Its a hell of a lot more than the middlemen who were taking a huge profit from handing out lotto tickets to be resold to the public The term ''Pimp'' comes to mind when describing this group..

I generate income thru product manufactored and services, sold, which benifits those who purchase same and we pay a salary to those who manufactor the product, we sell and services rendered.

hope that answers your question, if not, you think, contribute????, and probably live like the middlemen as I described.

have a wonderful day now."

As I thought, your contribution is no more than the lottery wholesalers, they sell something to the members of the public who want to buy, as do you. They pay salaries to those who work for them, as do you. If there is any way in which the word "pimp" applies to them more than it would apply to you then I would be very interested to hear you explain it.

You are right, I would be surprised at your economic and social contribution, perhaps you could enlarge on your claim?

My contribution is irrelevant as I wasn't the one who was casting aspertions on other people's contribution but it certainly wouldn't be less than yours.

As regards your comment that things may be too complicated for me I would point out that my name is Sviss, not Swiss. At least I can read.

So despite NCPO invoking Article 44, making mindless presumptions, rushing about arresting street vendors caught in a catch-22 pricing system and endangering the merger income of thoudands of street vendors, the solution was merely an executive decision to alter the pricing at the distributorship level.

This regime does not seem any more efficient than an elected government.

...have to maintain the 100% employment....

...is there any country in the world that even comes near this figure......

Agree - 100 per cent employment only happen in Utopia but they need to make it look like they are World Champions in everything even tho the truth is there is nothing they are best at ... exept maybe scamming and roadkills

Archived