Security Certification

fgmr

Sorry to jump in on your topic discussion.

I wanted to see WHERE ThaiVisa was even using a security certificate, so logged out and when looking for any login or create login screen that was encrypted.

The only ones I know about occur when you agree to use a Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to complete your ThaiVisa login, but then it would be a Google, Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party connector whose security certificate is being presented.

Anywho, while looking into the issue I encountered another interesting issue the Admin might want to look into:

When clicking the button to CREATE ACCOUNT the user is presented with a reCAPTCHA (I'm not a bot, dammit!!) Security Check that's in THAI !!!

ThaiVisa_Create_Account_reCAPTCHA.PNG

By the way, I'm logged into Google Services and have everything Google-oriented already preset to English.
Even though I'm utilizing a Thai ISP in Thailand, this security feature should follow the language of the rest of the page.

But go ahead and click the box and agree to anything is says. What could go wrong?

Edited by RichCor

Sorry to jump in on your topic discussion.

I wanted to see WHERE ThaiVisa was even using a security certificate, so logged out and when looking for any login or create login screen that was encrypted.

(Sure, if you use a Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to complete your ThaiVisa login, but it would be one of their 'security certificates' at issue.

Anywho, while looking into the issue I encountered another interesting issue the Admin might want to look into:

When clicking the button to CREATE ACCOUNT the user is presented with a reCAPTCHA (I'm not a bot, dammit!!) Security Check that's in THAI !!!

ThaiVisa_Create_Account_reCAPTCHA.PNG

If your browser showing Thai script there, your browser is possible set to Thai by some default. We are using SSL certificates on some other suddomains, but not on the forum. Yet.

Sorry about the after-edit.

Interestingly enough, same issue with Thai Text in the reCAPTCHA Security Check box is present on both Chrome and FireFox browsers ...until I ADD Thai Language option to the Browser setup language (which was already populated with English and English US)

Without THAI present in the Chrome Browser Language and Input Settings or FireFox Content Languages settings, reCAPTCHA displayed in Thai characters/language.

Refreshing again only displays reCAPTCHA in Thai.

With THAI added to each in browser in turn, a refresh then the page displayed the reCAPTCHA in English.

Same effect in both browsers (I assumed it would since they are based on the similar code).

ODD that the browser wouldn't prefer English when English settings were already present, and preferred English only when both English and an additional language (Thai) was added to the language setup.

Interesting test completed.