Another Bangkok bomb suspect arrested in far South

webfact

Another Bangkok bomb suspect arrested in far South

21-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Another suspect in two bombings in Bangkok has been arrested in Narathiwat province.

He was identified as Kamarudeng Saho, 38.

He was arrested by security officials in Sungai Kolok district last night.

Deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Jaktip Chaichinda said the suspect was apprehended by security personnel under Article 44.

He said a team of police investigators was flown to investigate him today.

Earlier Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Lt Gen Prawut Thavornsiri said last night another bomb suspect had been arrested by the Narathiwat Task Force 36.

According to Bangkok Post, Pol Lt Gen Prawut said police investigators had found that the man had contacted the wanted suspect, Mrs Wanna Suansan, also known by her Muslim name Maisaloh, by phone.

Ms Wanna has been, until now, the only Thai suspect in the bombings. Arrest warrants have been issued for her and her Turkish husband Emrah Davutoglu.

Ms Wanna said she has contacted the police to give up but so far the Thai embassy said it had not yet been contacted by the wanted suspect.

Both were believed to be in Turkey.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/another-bangkok-bomb-suspect-arrested-in-far-south

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-03

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turkey Responds to Alleged Bombing Links; 3rd Arrest Reported
By Khaosod English

14412655241441266014l.jpg
Police search an apartment in Bangkok's Min Buri district authorities suspected of harboring a suspect in the bombing of the Erawan Shrine last month. Nothing was found.

NARATHIWAT — A Thai national has been arrested in the Deep South in connection with last month’s Erawan Shrine bombing, according to unconfirmed reports.

Police sources say on Tuesday evening, officers from the 36th Task Force apprehended Gamarudeng Saho, a 38-year-old native of Narathiwat province’s Sugai Kolok district, after officers found a link between his phone and bombing suspect Wanna Suansan.

Officers reportedly used special authority granted under martial law to detain him and send him to the 46th Ranger Division for interrogation, whereupon he was sent by helicopter to an army base in Bangkok for further interrogation.

A Yawi interpreter has been provided to Gamarudeng, sources say.

Two other men arrested in recent days also remain in military custody in Bangkok for questioning. One was captured in a raid in the eastern outskirts of the capital while the second was taken into Thai custody Tuesday along the border with Cambodia.

Full story http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1441265524

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-09-03

So just calling someone who is alleged to be somehow involved in something that might be related to bomb, is enough to label you as a"bomb suspect". Her friends and relatives must be happy.

I guess you would like to call them 'someone who the police wish to interview in furtherance of their enquiries' or somesuch.

I am glad they are starting to round up what seems like an organized cell of culprits.

One thing surprises me with reports like this though. They are naming all of these suspects, which is a good thing, but when there are cases that involve any Thai's of influence riches or power, then they are never named.

For example in the banking scandal that has hit the news again whereby they are naming Thaksin as defendant #1, all the other defendants were given numbers but no names.

There are countless examples of this, probably because of the ridiculous defamation laws.

I guess as long as you don't have enough money or power to sue someone than these laws don't apply?

Start naming and shaming all criminals!!! Especially the rich and powerful as they are the truly evil ones.

Oh the humanity! The police said Thais were incapable of being involved.

It wasn't just the police, a few posters on here have claimed the same thing!

That being said, I'm curious to find out if it was more than a phone call to Wanna that put him in the spotlight. Either way, it adds a whole new dimension to the case.

Personally I would be quite surprised if Thai's were actively involved in the bombings. The reason people make reference to the 'no Thai's would ever commit such a crime' refers to the idiot who made such a comment in the hours after the Ko Tao murders.
Some Thai's , like some in every country, are quite capable of terrible crimes. I remember the young girl raped, murdered and thrown off a train. Wasn't the guilty party Thai? So such despicable acts are quite possible by Thai people. But unlike in the crimes in Ko Tao ( in my opinion), I don't think Thai's are involved in the bombings.

It really is a strange one this. Usually there is a motive for such an act. As no firm and clear motive for the bombings has been established something doesn't feel right about it. Why a Hindu shrine to get Chinese, if that was the motive? They could have hit a Chinese temple. If it was aimed at tourists there are busier places. Aimed at Thai's...why? And again there are busier places.
These acts are rarely random and usually have a purpose. Until that is clearly established then to me something doesn't feel right

That being said, I'm curious to find out if it was more than a phone call to Wanna that put him in the spotlight. Either way, it adds a whole new dimension to the case.

Errr... I've been reading a lot of threads too and I believe that the claims made by posters were purely ironical.

However, I've also noticed that irony usually goes undetected on this Forum, and I guess your comment illustrates the fact.

Unfortunately with the RTP's reputation being what it is it's very difficult to take anythibg they say seriously, or to believe that the investigation is credible. If arrests are ongoing, obviously no convictions as yet, how could they have been so quick to pounce on the reward? That's ignoring the fact that it is obscene anyway for so-called police officers to be claiming a reward anyway!

Errr... I've been reading a lot of threads too and I believe that the claims made by posters were purely ironical.

However, I've also noticed that irony usually goes undetected on this Forum, and I guess your comment illustrates the fact.

Err... Perhaps you should read every thread before you go questioning peoples' ability to detect irony or lack thereof.

Do you think this guy was being ironic?

Edited by jamesbrock

Irony, is like that like steely, or goldy? ;)

Irony, is like that like steely, or goldy? wink.png

I thought it was the opposite of wrinkly?

Might have been a intrecepted/ tapped phone call, anyhow good on the police for arresting this guy he might well be involved and he might well know where the Thai lady and her husband are, Im surprised that the Turkish police have not aprehended them by now.

Guilt by association is always investigated by overseas police

The only problem I see here is that Thai police might be trying to set this up as a southern Muslem attack as China and Thailand sure don't want to be blamed for a revenge attack caused by deporting and executing Uighurs and people smuggling/ pathetic border control at Sa Kaew.

The only problem I see here is that Thai police might be trying to set this up as a southern Muslem attack as China and Thailand sure don't want to be blamed for a revenge attack caused by deporting and executing Uighurs and people smuggling/ pathetic border control at Sa Kaew.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Evidence is pointing more and more towards retribution for our fawning capitulation to China, so let's find a link, any link, that will allow us to pin this on the deep-south...

Err... Perhaps you should read every thread before you go questioning peoples' ability to detect irony or lack thereof.

When I read it a few days ago I did think he was being Ironic or "extracting the Michael." Now, maybe he meant it!!!!!!!!!!! I actually know a Farang who thinks that way about the innate honesty of all Thai people (as long as you meet them at a temple) and his wife & I had to sit him down & tell him some home truths. My wife takes nothing of value if she goes to stay in a temple & never lets her money (and a cheap watch) out of her possession. Lots of people frequent temples to steal & pickpocket. He was shocked at us. He also paid a lot of money at a temple for some small round white stones that he believes (still) are what bones turn into if you meditate enough become a great Abbott & die and are cremated. I told him he had been conned & bones become ash & burned bone fragments, not cute regular round shaped white quartz pebbles. I think he still does not believe me. Oh Dear!!!!!

Edited by The Deerhunter

When I read it a few days ago I did think he was being Ironic or "extracting the Michael." Now, maybe he meant it!!!!!!!!!!! I actually know a Farang who thinks that way about the innate honesty of all Thai people (as long as you meet them at a temple) and his wife & I had to sit him down & tell him some home truths. My wife takes nothing of value if she goes to stay in a temple & never lets her money (and a cheap watch) out of her possession. Lots of people frequent temples to steal & pickpocket. He was shocked at us. He also paid a lot of money at a temple for some small round white stones that he believes (still) are what bones turn into if you meditate enough become a great Abbott & die and are cremated. I told him he had been conned & bones become ash & burned bone fragments, not cute regular round shaped white quartz pebbles. I think he still does not believe me. Oh Dear!!!!!

It's almost refreshing given we are usually exposed to the polar opposite - guys who believe only in the innate dishonesty of all Thai people, and that they are all out to whisper about and rob you.

"Thai people could never be so cruel",, Unless they are married to those corrupt foreigners who pollute the poor Thai mind...

Does anyone feel stupid for making such comments now? I doubt it.. Anyway lets hope that they really do catch someone responsible.

Unfortunately with the RTP's reputation being what it is it's very difficult to take anythibg they say seriously, or to believe that the investigation is credible. If arrests are ongoing, obviously no convictions as yet, how could they have been so quick to pounce on the reward? That's ignoring the fact that it is obscene anyway for so-called police officers to be claiming a reward anyway!

Take the money and run. If you don't it could disappear.