which visa is best for get yellow book (Tabien ban)

My wife is thai and has a small house there. I want to get a yellow book (Tabien ban), in which i be listed in this address.

i have 400 k on an bank account there and I am > 50, but still employed.

which visa do i need for this? I read, it should be an Non-Immigrant-O?

But there is a type A and a type B and one for 90 or 365 days?

which one is appropiate?

And is it useful, to apply this visa at home (germany) (we have only german wedding documents at the moment)

or go to Thailand with an 30-day stamp and apply for the visa there (maybe i loose time) ?

As i read, the embassy in Frankfurt need also a health certificate and a police clearance certificate

thanks for any help

BTW: I'm not shure if this yellow house book (tabien ban) is, what people here call residence certificate

Yellow book has nothing to do with your visa and is not required by immigration to get one. Not much use for anything. I have been on a retirement visa for 15 years and would not want one even if someone gave it to me. It just certifies your address. Most of us just use a utility bill to do so.

I suggest a single-entry non-O visa for the purpose of visiting your wife. Following your arrival in Thailand, get the one-year extension of stay for the reason of living with your Thai wife from your

local immigration office. Subsequently, go the local district office (amphoe) for the yellow house registration book.

From posts in this forum, I have seen that the requirements vary considerably from one district office to the next.

• Like 1

Other than most Amphurs want an Immigration residence certificate as part of the documentation to issue a Yellow Book

Other than most Amphurs want an Immigration residence certificate as part of the documentation to issue a Yellow Book

And it is worth noting that if you have the Yellow Book, you will never need to get another residency certificate. The Yellow Book serves that purpose.

And it is worth noting that if you have the Yellow Book, you will never need to get another residency certificate. The Yellow Book serves that purpose.

Like most things in Thailand, depends, according to many reports here at TV, the Land Transport Office in Pattaya still wants a Residency Certificate from Immigration

I got mine a couple of years ago, I am single , live in Nongprue district so used Nongprue Municipal Office up Soi Nernplubwan, had my passport translated by a office on Soi Post Office, my Thai partner plus a neighbour acted as witnesses, I have extension of stay based on retirement, don't recall getting certificate of residence from immigration ? but that could just be memory lapse! Pretty straight forward, paid 100 baht for photocopying, two weeks later picked up my yellow book. The only downside was the driving licence centre in Pattaya will not accept yellow book as proof of residence!

55,you do the hard work to get the book and they still knock you back on their own paper work.Thai logic,hard to beat at times.

source: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/852805-yellow-book-for-a-single-guy-at-banglamung-any-recent-experiences/?p=9821191

• Like 1