Can I extend a 30 day visa on arrival at immigration in Thailand?

I arrived at cnx and got 30 days stamped in my passport, I'm not sure what the visa is called

It's not a visa. You were given a 30 day permission to stay without having a visa (thus, "visa exempt"). As others have said, you can extend the stay by 30 days at an immigrations office (ignore the two posts that said you could only get 7 days).

Go into immigrations about a week before your current permission expires. They will add 30 days onto your current permission to stay, so you lose nothing by going in a bit early and it's a safer than waiting to the last minute to do it..

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

Hi,

I went to Visa office in Phuket and got an additional 60 days (I was told by the Farang at front of Q that I would only get 7 days but the interview lady looked at my passport and interviewed me and gave 60days. cost 1900 Bht

Hi,

I went to Visa office in Phuket and got an additional 60 days (I was told by the Farang at front of Q that I would only get 7 days but the interview lady looked at my passport and interviewed me and gave 60days. cost 1900 Bht

Yes you can get 60 days based on married to Thai I have done this before on a 30 day visa on arrival.

Hi,

Yes you can get 60 days based on married to Thai I have done this before on a 30 day visa on arrival.

But only if the wife is present and the required documentation is provided.

Hi,

But only if the wife is present and they required documentation is provided.

Not completely true. I have taken all the paperwork and left the wife, at home.

is there a place to get the 30 extra days at the Airport without buying a airline ticket ?

No

You have to apply for the 30 day extension at an immigration office.

When you ask such a question, this is the source of correct answer. Ignore all others.

is there a place to get the 30 extra days at the Airport without buying a airline ticket ?

No

When you ask such a question, this is the source of correct answer. Ignore all others.

I agree with the "

No

You have to apply for the 30 day extension at an immigration office." However at Phuket office I giot 60 days and yes my GF was there but I did ot provide any paperwork or anything to support my visa extn. I was told when i first entered the office I could only get 7 days....I got 60 days and paid 1900 Bht after the interview.

No

Should one ignore all the information on the following web site also.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php

• 1 month later...

My friend from Canada arrived in Thailand on vacation, was granted a visa exempt 30 day stay. He will be 3 days short of his return flight when it expires. I would like to know if crossing the border and returning from Myanmar is ok for an additional 15 days, or even 7 days. I would appreciate any advice offered, thank you.

My friend from Canada arrived in Thailand on vacation, was granted a visa exempt 30 day stay. He will be 3 days short of his return flight when it expires. I would like to know if crossing the border and returning from Myanmar is ok for an additional 15 days, or even 7 days. I would appreciate any advice offered, thank you.

It would be best for him to apply for the 30 day extension and pay the 1900 baht fee.

Three out of the 4 Myanmar crossings do not allow a out/in crossing for a new exempt entry at this time. Only Ranong is allowing them.

• 4 months later...

hello , my friend came to thailand 1 jan ,visa on arrival ,then went to BNK IMM, and extended other 30 days

then flew to Laos, stayed for a week and flew back in ,can he now go to Samui IMM and extend for another

30 or shall he have to leave the country, Thank you for the help.

Hi,

Hi nev,maybe true of Phuket Immigration but not necessarily true of Bangkok Immigration Laksi , i am married to a Thai went to Bangkok Immigration as my Visa Exempt was nearly expired and the IO only gave me a 30 day Extension with all the right documents too .

Also my wife was present, for the record.

POMCHOB

Edited by POMCHOB

I have a double entry tourist visa which going to the end. Every 60 days i extended the 30days at immigration. Now i would like to go abroad and come back to get a visa on arrival + a extend after 30 days. This would be more comfortable as applying a single entry tourist visa. Would it be possible to do that?

I have a double entry tourist visa which going to the end. Every 60 days i extended the 30days at immigration. Now i would like to go abroad and come back to get a visa on arrival + a extend after 30 days. This would be more comfortable as applying a single entry tourist visa. Would it be possible to do that?

If you are from a country whose citizens can be admitted under the "visa exempt" scheme the answer would be yes.

Visas on arrival are only available to passport holders from a few countries, cost 1000 Bht and allow a 15 day stay.